/vget cooldown for totaling your car negligently (street racing, etc.)

6 hours ago, Akali said:

Closing statement: If you wanna rip a car around areas where racing is encouraged? Sure! That's what singleplayer/menyoo/GTA Online is for.

So real life street racing doesn't exist. I see..

16 hours ago, hentai! said:

I don't want to be the salty bitch here but I really go out of my way to roleplay driving as realistically as possible, I even use turn signals by pressing the arrow keys even though I drive with a controller. When you see people slingshot a shitty racecar around you or some turn it just creates a question "Is this worth my effort?". Is it worth my effort when people just plainly do not give a fuck or two about not only their character's lives but also the server's immersion? 

I'm gonna finish up by saying what I always say. Just because a certain percentage of drivers IRL drive like dickheads doesn't mean that your character should drive like a dickhead.

It is seriously sad and demotivating to observe people do this on a roleplay server, where you rely on your creativity. You rely on creativity to roleplay, but you're not creative enough to imagine how bad you look on other people's screens when you slingshot a fucking Elegy across six lanes of the highway instead of joining the traffic like a proper human being and overtaking once you're actually part of the traffic.

I agree with this suggestion fully, not only with the street racer part but also other scenarios where people drive like they've snorted twenty grams of coke through a mop handle.

Also, a lack of player presence does NOT mean that the city is an empty ghost town. It does not excuse you to drive like a maniac.

👏👏👏👏

15 hours ago, charles said:

Give PD/SD or mainly admins the command to /vwreckage vehicles. Meaning, once a vehicle is involved in a major MVA - the vehicle is 'impounded' (or in other words, unavailable to use) for several days. The severity of the /vwreckage can be adjusted as to the severity of the crash.

Let's say I got into a nasty head-on a few days back and my car was totalled, and I tried to /vg and choose my vehicle, it should print in the chat

"Your vehicle is currently being repaired and is unavailable to drive at the moment."

This is a great solution. I'd support this.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

If you're against some sort of punishment for people who never roleplay car crashes or people who evade 60 times a week in their precious cars, then you're simply not here to play on a heavy roleplay server. If you're not here to roleplay the consequences and negatives of your actions then why are you here?

Plenty of people already roleplay their crashes and their cars decommissioned for a while, but there's this specific group of people that don't, and they are here to ruin everyone's immersion and fun with their awful F&F-esque style of playing, I see them every day blasting through intersections and drifting while myself and people like "hentai!" are trying to maintain some semblance of reality.

I'll also go ahead and add that people who have a record of constantly evading need to have their cars permanently seized. I once had someone ask me if "theoretically speaking, if someone I know evaded 10 times in their car, will it get seized?" Now you go ahead and tell me that is something you'd ask after walking into a police station in real life. No one would, not even crazies.

Again, actions have consequences, every action has a reaction, yada yada, simple as that. If you can't handle the consequences of your character's IC actions OOCly, because you feel the need to self-insert, then please take a moment to reflect on your play style.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, ImTheRealHusky said:

I like how in your original post and all the replies, only street racers are mentioned, but what about gangbanger rpers? PD/SD rpers? FD rpers? They get a free "out of jail card"? If this is going to be aimed only at street racers (and I don't mean the ricers and mallrats, we don't claim those as one of us) then it's going to create even more imbalanace between the rest of the server and us. The idea should either apply to everyone, or no one.

Side note: I've seen PD members not rp shit on their crashes during pursuit aswell. Don't try to only put the focus on "racers".

How would this suggestion only have an effect on street racers? Sure, people have singled them out in this discussion, but that comes with the territory. Street racers are among the most likely to crash due to them almost definitely driving faster than the speed limit. I see nothing saying it ought to only effect street racers, but I agree with OP that crashes should be roleplayed properly unless it is absolutely clear it was due to sync or lag.

Also, if you see anyone from PD, SD or FD driving unrealistically? Report them! I'm almost sure you see fewer of them during it, and if you go ahead and send it to their faction leadership as well, they'll surely punish them. These factions put weight on being role models, so if their own are driving like it was GTAO, you can be sure they will be punished for it. It might not be from your report, but if enough people do it, a record is compiled that'll lead to punishment of that player.

• Applaud 1
12 hours ago, ChromaticDeath said:

Maybe provide feedback other than "I don't like it, bad". Just whinging about it and saying no doesn't really offer anything productive to the thread whatsoever.

People play on this server to have fun not to live a life within their real life and worry about real life problems twice as much. Its dumb, not fun and only elitists and people that hate the street racing community (like yourself) will support this.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

I thought in 1.1 that car damage can be saved and more scripted effects can happen from it?  So couldn't we do things like disabling the engine after a big impact?  Then they have to get a mechanic to do a costly repair OR request admin help if it really was a bug/desync.  But regardless, now we are on 1.1 we should start to shift from a default of "it was desync" to "it was IC, unless you can show it was desync".

3 hours ago, Paenymion said:

I thought in 1.1 that car damage can be saved and more scripted effects can happen from it?  So couldn't we do things like disabling the engine after a big impact?  Then they have to get a mechanic to do a costly repair OR request admin help if it really was a bug/desync.  But regardless, now we are on 1.1 we should start to shift from a default of "it was desync" to "it was IC, unless you can show it was desync".

You started good but ended miserable. Not everyone has a PC that can run instant replay or record the screen 24/7. 

12 hours ago, Misuu said:

So real life street racing doesn't exist. I see..

Unless you live inside the Fast and the Furious franchise - it's not as prominent as people seem to think it is.   Especially racing on roads.   There would be traffic on these roads and you'd have a fat hope in hell doing 120 on a busy road.

Also, have you ever seen the highways in Los Angeles?  If you tried to start a race on the highways around Los Santos - 60% of the time you'd still be on the starting line 25 minutes in if the realistic level of traffic was there.

• Wuhtah locked this topic