/vget cooldown for totaling your car negligently (street racing, etc.)

17 minutes ago, Woltrazz said:

I do not think it's mostly an issue with people race but the RP of the people. When I crash, I RP the consequences, car being gone for a while like people stated above.

Sadly not everyone RP's the consequences. When you take a risk, just like in RL the bigger the sacrifice when it all goes wrong. Sadly I see it a lot that people crash out, VP the car and VG it again and play like nothing happened. I do not want to throw out names out there.

Enforcing the RP quality is better than punish. Teaching is always better imo. You can put them on the naughty step like I said before that when the car is indeed broken, to "jail" it or OOC impound, whatever you like to call it.

Plus evading from cops when a ticket is there, is very poor and is still seen a lot.

The problem is that almost every one of us come across it multiple times on the daily. To push out several reports a day just would be inefficient for both the reporting party and the admins having to deal with a large amount of reports. I think having vehicles inoperable for X amount of time (depending on the severity of the crash, of course) is the right way to go about it. They can either face IC repercussions for how they operate. 

I mean....

GTAV physics are scuffed. Car crashes sometimes because your car is sometimes flung into orbit when you knick a part of the sidewalk or something. Obviously there's a problem with streetracing mallrats who just want to play Need 4 Speed on the server but not every crash is legitimate.

Personally I RP most, but I still get a large amount of collisions are that are based upon outside factors like lag or desync.

This suggestion is pretty chungus, though may we add a CCW revocation clause for if your character forgot myspace and blink-182 isn't a thing anymore and draws guns on people for vaguely backing into a parking spot that the CCW holder is standing in on top of it? Two birds one stone yknow

• Applaud 1

lol, sync is fixed? You'll never fix sync or the lag problem. Also, no need for something like this when half of the server doesn't even rp car crashes properly, and you can't lean this on a very large percent of the server. Get factions like PD  to rp their fleet realistically first too. 

7 hours ago, charles said:

Give PD/SD or mainly admins the command to /vwreckage vehicles. Meaning, once a vehicle is involved in a major MVA - the vehicle is 'impounded' (or in other words, unavailable to use) for several days. The severity of the /vwreckage can be adjusted as to the severity of the crash.

Let's say I got into a nasty head-on a few days back and my car was totalled, and I tried to /vg and choose my vehicle, it should print in the chat

"Your vehicle is currently being repaired and is unavailable to drive at the moment."

this tbh

7 hours ago, charles said:

Give PD/SD or mainly admins the command to /vwreckage vehicles. Meaning, once a vehicle is involved in a major MVA - the vehicle is 'impounded' (or in other words, unavailable to use) for several days. The severity of the /vwreckage can be adjusted as to the severity of the crash.

Let's say I got into a nasty head-on a few days back and my car was totalled, and I tried to /vg and choose my vehicle, it should print in the chat

"Your vehicle is currently being repaired and is unavailable to drive at the moment."

Best suggestion so far and the one I think is actually feasible rather than /vscrapping, but would it be automated or enacted by a staff member?

Person should lose the car temporarily until brought to a mechanic to fix, or they roleplay fixing the damage properly . Impounding someone's car for a period of time is beyond stupid, admins need to get the people to RP injuries, RP the damages properly and note should be kept on the vehicle just like houses have, vehicles should have their own ID to attach admin notes to in order to see that it's been wrecked and shouldn't be driven until fixed.

• ChromaticDeath changed the title to /vget cooldown for totaling your car negligently (street racing, etc.)
  • Wuhtah locked this topic