/vget cooldown for totaling your car negligently (street racing, etc.)

Just now, roymar said:

Also I would like to add that the desync is still present. Here's a proof: 

The video was taken yesterday during the ASCOSA race. 

I don't see the desync in this, honestly. It looks like a normal car crash?

4 minutes ago, roymar said:

Your suggestion is subjective only to punish a certain side of the player base, creating a really annoying mechanic to oppose them. It would be realistic, of course, but I believe it is not the level of realism the server aims for. 

You have talked just about street racers, and such, but what about the legal side of the server? What if they get into a crash? They should face the consequences as well and have their vehicle removed off their fleet.

Your suggestion is unfair and I am totally against it. 

Why would a legal character be driving their vehicle carelessly at excessive speeds in the first place? My suggestion only applies to people who are already disregarding their character's lives with their driving- legal characters aren't be concerned with this at all. If you have a better suggestion I'd love to hear it.

Just now, ChromaticDeath said:

Why would a legal character be driving their vehicle carelessly at excessive speeds in the first place? My suggestion only applies to people who are already disregarding their character's lives with their driving- legal characters aren't be concerned with this at all. If you have a better suggestion I'd love to hear it.

Emergency responses, pursuits. It could happen.

1 minute ago, roymar said:

Emergency responses, pursuits. It could happen.

I have been LSPD on world for 8 months give or take a few. When we have an MVA with an officer involved and it is careless driving they face their own set of reprimands, including vehicle rights revocation or suspensions. Driving code three to a call and running into someone is a different kind of careless than slingshotting your Penumbra through Legion Square at 5AM because you know no cops are on and wrapping it around some civilian RPer's car, in my opinion. But you make some fair points and I get where you're coming from.

6 minutes ago, ChromaticDeath said:

I have been LSPD on world for 8 months give or take a few. When we have an MVA with an officer involved and it is careless driving they face their own set of reprimands, including vehicle rights revocation or suspensions. Driving code three to a call and running into someone is a different kind of careless than slingshotting your Penumbra through Legion Square at 5AM because you know no cops are on and wrapping it around some civilian RPer's car, in my opinion. But you make some fair points and I get where you're coming from.

You suggested an extrenmely unbalanced system because you consider a legal faction roleplayer on a higher tier than a racer. If someone faces their car getting smashed because they drive recklessy, I don't see why a faction / business should not face the same consquences with their employees. Is it hyper-realistic? Yes it is, and it would make the serever not fun in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

I don't want to be the salty bitch here but I really go out of my way to roleplay driving as realistically as possible, I even use turn signals by pressing the arrow keys even though I drive with a controller. When you see people slingshot a shitty racecar around you or some turn it just creates a question "Is this worth my effort?". Is it worth my effort when people just plainly do not give a fuck or two about not only their character's lives but also the server's immersion? 

I'm gonna finish up by saying what I always say. Just because a certain percentage of drivers IRL drive like dickheads doesn't mean that your character should drive like a dickhead.

It is seriously sad and demotivating to observe people do this on a roleplay server, where you rely on your creativity. You rely on creativity to roleplay, but you're not creative enough to imagine how bad you look on other people's screens when you slingshot a fucking Elegy across six lanes of the highway instead of joining the traffic like a proper human being and overtaking once you're actually part of the traffic.

I agree with this suggestion fully, not only with the street racer part but also other scenarios where people drive like they've snorted twenty grams of coke through a mop handle.

Also, a lack of player presence does NOT mean that the city is an empty ghost town. It does not excuse you to drive like a maniac.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 4

Here is my two cents on this subject.

In some way, I do agree with the statement but scrapping the car is a bit harsh in my opinion. If possible "jail" the car for a while so it cannot be used. That way you can RP the car being out for repairs or whatever.

When I do stuff like this I handle the disregard of life rule and when a severe crash happens, I will take a CK or RP heavy injuries for a long time. In the city, I keep normally to the speed limit or just over by about 5 miles an hour. I agree with @hentai!(god that name) that because the city is empty, it is not an excuse to drive like an absolute lunatic. I have been at fault on this in the past, I agree but we all try to better ourselves of course. Normally when I notice people speeding excessively I tend to talk to them and school them.

TLDR:

Forced vscrap bit too harsh imo.

• Applaud 1

Oh boy I bet the admins are going to love dealing with the massive amounts of drama these discussions are going to cause if it was ever enforced. Does there need to be more consequence for crashes, racing or not? For sure, but I even if people were in agreement I don't think the staff here, or whoever it would fall to would ever want to have to deal with the fall out of such situations.

The other thing that needs to be kept in mind is that beyond desync (Which still exists if someone's internet is poor, or their PC lags) and other bugs or OOC errors that can occur it's just simply difficult to keep track of which accidents would qualify. Not everything is seen, recorded and tracked. You would end up with punishments being handed out to some but not others. 

• ChromaticDeath changed the title to /vget cooldown for totaling your car negligently (street racing, etc.)
  • Wuhtah locked this topic