Wipe or Pause all drugs.

Whoopty

Incentivize drug use and shorten the supply.

I've said it a billion times.

As RPG as it is, you *have* to give people a reason to use drugs.

Two steps to this one: Make the effects of doing drugs stronger, and make addiction harder to kick + make withdrawal have worse symptoms.

As for shortening the supply, I would say if possible, just hop into the MySQL database (or whatever the server uses), and take a zero off the total drug supply. If Tim Drugdealer has 3000 grams of cocaine in his house, now he has 300. If Shady Business has 40,000 grams of weed, now they have 4,000. In addition to this, cut off serverside resupply for like two months.

Do all of this, and price per gram will double by the end of next month. I guarantee it.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Like I've said before: give useful effects to drugs so that they affect scripts. Weed now makes your script business pay you in 30 minutes instead of 1 hour to represent being baked and not realizing how much time is going by, and make cocaine earn you 2xMoney per hour in a script job represented by being hyperactive and managing to work faster. Make this have a cumulative effect through which every week/month you build tolerance and need to consume more to achieve the business script buff. This makes people toy with the addiction mechanic as a side, and will DRASTICALLY up the demand for the more mainstream drugs like Cocaine and Weed.

I think Ecstasy and LSD already have their niche for RP reasons as they are.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Sacred said:

Not unless I get refunded my drug money.

then there should be a pause of suppliers recieving drugs, but then the suppliers will be crying. Someone has to be forced to take the sacrifice so take the L.

1 hour ago, NickyW said:

Two steps to this one: Make the effects of doing drugs stronger, and make addiction harder to kick + make withdrawal have worse symptoms.

As for shortening the supply, I would say if possible, just hop into the MySQL database (or whatever the server uses), and take a zero off the total drug supply. If Tim Drugdealer has 3000 grams of cocaine in his house, now he has 300. If Shady Business has 40,000 grams of weed, now they have 4,000. In addition to this, cut off serverside resupply for like two months.

Do all of this, and price per gram will double by the end of next month. I guarantee it.

this is also a good idea, lots of good ideas on this thread which shows everyone agrees there is a problem. 

1 hour ago, Koko said:

Like I've said before: give useful effects to drugs so that they affect scripts. Weed now makes your script business pay you in 30 minutes instead of 1 hour to represent being baked and not realizing how much time is going by, and make cocaine earn you 2xMoney per hour in a script job represented by being hyperactive and managing to work faster. Make this have a cumulative effect through which every week/month you build tolerance and need to consume more to achieve the business script buff. This makes people toy with the addiction mechanic as a side, and will DRASTICALLY up the demand for the more mainstream drugs like Cocaine and Weed.

I think Ecstasy and LSD already have their niche for RP reasons as they are.

I haven't seen a lot of good ideas for script benefits that drugs should give you, but the ones you laid out actually solve a lot of problems. A big issue is that legal role-players don't want to touch drugs. But if it lets them make more money while they work? I'm sure it would influence a few players to start delving into drug-use. Good ideas bro!

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Hugh-Gi-Oh said:

Now I don't really know much about drugs, but I'd suggest spoilage. The weed that's in my property has been there for a good year or two now. Like I said, I'm no expert but I'm guessing weed goes bad after some time. Maybe there should be a timer so that people can't hoard the stuff?

It doesn't if you store it properly... Even if you don't store it properly it will still remain fine so long as it is dry. If it gets wet it will get moldy. If it is stored in a tight container it isn't going to lose anything.

53 minutes ago, NickXI said:

A big issue is that legal role-players don't want to touch drugs. But if it lets them make more money while they work? I'm sure it would influence a few players to start delving into drug-use. Good ideas bro!

It would be a bandaid to this problem and open another gaping hole of a problem right away - the improper roleplay around drugs or no roleplay around drugs. Some quick coke before the next shootout, the quick /useitem for some weed to get quicker cash at work and if asked by anyone in /do, they show no signs of drug abuse and any drug test comes back negative.

Trying to find a good solution to solve the issue and not bring up another big issue along with it is a task that is yet in need of a solution. Adding RPG script benefits seems the path of least resistance, the easiest way to go - similar to creating an artificial demand to drugs through reverse suppliers / exporters to tackle the lack of demand for drugs on the server. Instead, we should look into other ideas; provide proper guidance and motivation around roleplaying with drugs - educating players on the effects they can have, give an incentive for them to consider them into their character's roleplay or create a druggie character (similar to "make ttcf characters"), even.

3 hours ago, NickyW said:

This. Especially this part: "Make the effects of doing drugs stronger, and make addiction harder to kick + make withdrawal have worse symptoms."

Withdrawal having worse symptoms is better for everyone, more medical RP for the clinics. 

36 minutes ago, orca112 said:

It would be a bandaid to this problem and open another gaping hole of a problem right away - the improper roleplay around drugs or no roleplay around drugs. Some quick coke before the next shootout, the quick /useitem for some weed to get quicker cash at work and if asked by anyone in /do, they show no signs of drug abuse and any drug test comes back negative.

The system I propose would encourage addiction levels to go up. You can play around with it a lot. Have higher Cocaine addiction levels make your character automatically do stuff like "/ame sniffs in sharply" or other telltale signs like facial twitching... I'd even go as far as to make high Weed addiction levels have you miss one of ever number of words in a post (not many, just the odd one every so often) to represent your character becoming a bit mentally numb (this of course isn't entirely realistic but it's a possibility that could naturally create situations where a stoner might really not get the content of a message OOC).