Wipe or Pause all drugs.

Whoopty

I don't support this as marijuana isn't an expensive commodity, to begin with. It's GREAT that Cocaine is 2-4 times more than marijuana, just like in real life.

Marijuana is always high in supply. Supply isn't the problem, it's the demand. California is in the top 5 states with inhabitants that consume marijuana. Yet, on the server? Marijuana consumption is not as common. 

Edited by DLimit
3 hours ago, Koko said:

Like I've said before: give useful effects to drugs so that they affect scripts. Weed now makes your script business pay you in 30 minutes instead of 1 hour to represent being baked and not realizing how much time is going by, and make cocaine earn you 2xMoney per hour in a script job represented by being hyperactive and managing to work faster. Make this have a cumulative effect through which every week/month you build tolerance and need to consume more to achieve the business script buff. This makes people toy with the addiction mechanic as a side, and will DRASTICALLY up the demand for the more mainstream drugs like Cocaine and Weed.

I think Ecstasy and LSD already have their niche for RP reasons as they are.

I've recommended a stress system to increase narcotics consumption here: 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Koko said:

The system I propose would encourage addiction levels to go up. You can play around with it a lot. Have higher Cocaine addiction levels make your character automatically do stuff like "/ame sniffs in sharply" or other telltale signs like facial twitching... I'd even go as far as to make high Weed addiction levels have you miss one of ever number of words in a post (not many, just the odd one every so often) to represent your character becoming a bit mentally numb (this of course isn't entirely realistic but it's a possibility that could naturally create situations where a stoner might really not get the content of a message OOC).

Perfect idea, addiction rn is just a number that does nothing. Im not even sure if it does anything, ive had chars at almost level 20 addictions and literally didn't even notice.

What KoKo suggested, combined with a complete drug-wipe or an indefinete pause on all suppliers recieving drugs, will in my opinion solve the problem.

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

I don't support this as marijuana isn't an expensive commodity, to begin with. It's GREAT that Cocaine is 2-4 times more than marijuana, just like in real life.

Marijuana is always high in supply. Supply isn't the problem, it's the demand. California is in the top 5 states with inhabitants that consume marijuana. Yet, on the server? Marijuana consumption is not as common. 

Not on the level it is on the server though, why should every street gang have access to seeds and their own grow? This is as someone who was part of the problem and had a bunch of seeds aswell as sold them to other facs, Weed shouldn't cost the same as a water bottle does ingame at the 24/7. 

On what you said, Cocaine was 2-4 times the cost of marijuana back in like 2019 too, but the difference was it was because cocaine prices were high due to scarcity, now both cocaine and weed are everywhere and every single faction on this server will agree that it is hard to find people who don't want to buy in bulk.

The only high-demand drug at the moment simply just seems to be cocaine above all else simply because of the fact that it's the best drug to have on your person when it comes to getting into combat, and considering that's a core component of just about every criminals lifestyle; the demand for something that will provide combat benefits versus every single other drug that barely gets used & is basically just used as criminal-bucks (EG: Heroin).

Rather than just wiping all of the drugs altogether, perhaps the benefits and disadvantages provided by drugs should be reworked instead through means of increasing the repercussions & speed of addiction? Make an actual demand for all drugs on the server so that all of them are used up versus just doing a drugs wipe and waiting a year until the exact same situation repeats itself?

6 hours ago, NickyW said:

Incentivize drug use and shorten the supply.

I've said it a billion times.

As RPG as it is, you *have* to give people a reason to use drugs.

Two steps to this one: Make the effects of doing drugs stronger, and make addiction harder to kick + make withdrawal have worse symptoms.

As for shortening the supply, I would say if possible, just hop into the MySQL database (or whatever the server uses), and take a zero off the total drug supply. If Tim Drugdealer has 3000 grams of cocaine in his house, now he has 300. If Shady Business has 40,000 grams of weed, now they have 4,000. In addition to this, cut off serverside resupply for like two months.

Do all of this, and price per gram will double by the end of next month. I guarantee it.

Pretty much this, the supply is way too high, you can literally go anywhere and find someone selling drugs. Definitely needs to be shortened. 

2 hours ago, DLimit said:

Could the problem also be deeper than supply and demand? The average legal RP'er is not going to head to the Davis/South LS hot spots to buy marijuana because frankly, safety is a concern. I would love to hear from someone with more experience here, as I'm mainly pointing out what would be my character's issue with seeking out buying marijuana. Are there people IC who sell it casually where you don't have to travel to some sketchy part of town to get it? IRL, I can buy weed from a friend down the street that has zero affiliation with any other criminal activity (gangs, etc.) Are there people IC who sell it with the intention of not robbing or scamming the buyer? I'm assuming there is, but more often than not I see reports and people talking about how easy it is to get robbed or scammed when buying drugs. At some point, it becomes an issue where people just don't see the point in even RP'ing it because they know they're going to get screwed. Personally, I'd buy it even if it didn't have any effects because it goes with my character's story. However, there's more people who seem to be interested in robbing or scamming a buyer rather than actually dealing. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my impression looking from the outside in based on discord conversations, reading player reports, personal experience on the server, etc.

I will have to agree with this one. As much as I hate any sort of wipes that break the immersion this one is needed. I've seen people sitting on useless amounts of drug like fucking Pablo Escobar. Nowadays some drugs are just an alternative currency where you invest your money at.

Wipe all drugs or remove a 0 from all amounts and increase the benefits with HP, more damage with bare hands and such, something more attractive. Increase the downsides of addiction with shaking screen, messages on screen showing on how you should roleplay your feelings while needing more drugs and all of that. But please make drugs more attractive.

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Sixty said:

Could the problem also be deeper than supply and demand? The average legal RP'er is not going to head to the Davis/South LS hot spots to buy marijuana because frankly, safety is a concern. I would love to hear from someone with more experience here, as I'm mainly pointing out what would be my character's issue with seeking out buying marijuana. Are there people IC who sell it casually where you don't have to travel to some sketchy part of town to get it? IRL, I can buy weed from a friend down the street that has zero affiliation with any other criminal activity (gangs, etc.) Are there people IC who sell it with the intention of not robbing or scamming the buyer? I'm assuming there is, but more often than not I see reports and people talking about how easy it is to get robbed or scammed when buying drugs. At some point, it becomes an issue where people just don't see the point in even RP'ing it because they know they're going to get screwed. Personally, I'd buy it even if it didn't have any effects because it goes with my character's story. However, there's more people who seem to be interested in robbing or scamming a buyer rather than actually dealing. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my impression looking from the outside in based on discord conversations, reading player reports, personal experience on the server, etc.

Generally, you'd have people that are connected to criminals that would purchase a decent supply of marijuana, before selling it to people that possess relatively no connections to criminals. I.E. The one U.L.S.A. student who's cousin is a gang-banger or the one Vinewood hippy that has a good connection in Davis... in real life situations, there's always that one guy, from the suburbs, that has connections to low-level criminals. 

In an even more realistic sense, you might have a few Asian or Italian connections, whom are generally middle-men, that conduct these exchanges for the legal characters, as they have more "fronts" to disguise their criminal activities than the average gang-banger.

Based on my personal experience? I've never been scammed or scammed someone during a narcotics deal. Narcotics scams are rare, and only a fool would scam every one that they encounter, as they'd lose customers against those that are willing to conduct reliable exchanges in the black market.

1 hour ago, Pathway said:

Not on the level it is on the server though, why should every street gang have access to seeds and their own grow? This is as someone who was part of the problem and had a bunch of seeds aswell as sold them to other facs, Weed shouldn't cost the same as a water bottle does ingame at the 24/7. 

On what you said, Cocaine was 2-4 times the cost of marijuana back in like 2019 too, but the difference was it was because cocaine prices were high due to scarcity, now both cocaine and weed are everywhere and every single faction on this server will agree that it is hard to find people who don't want to buy in bulk.

Maybe because every street gang has access to marijuana in the real world? It's not challenging to attain marijuana seeds, especially in California. Illegal grow-ups are common-place amongst gang bangers and the average teen in University... not too challenging to fulfill. Eventually, grow-ups will lack seeds as there's a 50% chance that a person will be able to regain all of their seeds. Thus, 100 seeds will diminish to 1-50 seeds and then 50 seeds will diminish to 1-25 seeds etc... it'll die out, allowing suppliers to remain dominant in the marijuana market. Hence, marijuana CONSUMPTION is the issue rather than it's SUPPLY. The average person should be smoking at least 1-2 grams a day, with others consuming 10 grams a day, much like the real world. Instead? People are hoarding the plant rather than consuming it. Character portrayal is the issue, not the "supply" of marijuana.

A bottle of water is cheaper in vending machines... marijuana has never been decreased to such a level that it's the identical price of water bottles. $100-$200 = $10-$20... seems reasonable.

I've never had this problem on either of my illegal characters. I was usually able to sell a good amount of cocaine, marijuana, and heroin since August. 

Edited by DLimit