Wipe or Pause all drugs.

Whoopty

Brief tangent:

I don't agree that cocaine finds more use only because of the buff (but it's definitely a factor), but also due to the nature of the drug. In a social setting like RP is, the numbing effects of weed and the physical sensation of weed really isn't that fun to RP unless you're among people who intimately know the substance and can portray it in a fun way. Most people just use it to socially pass a joint in a group without it being really different to a sober conversation.

Marijuana is a lot more fun to experience physically than it really is to portray, unless you are a particularly funny person or you're making a goofy "woah dude" portrayal of weed smoking.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DLimit said:

Maybe because every street gang has access to marijuana in the real world? It's not challenging to attain marijuana seeds, especially in California. Illegal grow-ups are common-place amongst gang bangers and the average teen in University... not too challenging to fulfill. Eventually, grow-ups will lack seeds as there's a 50% chance that a person will be able to regain all of their seeds. Thus, 100 seeds will diminish to 1-50 seeds and then 50 seeds will diminish to 1-25 seeds etc... it'll die out, allowing suppliers to remain dominant in the marijuana market. Hence, marijuana CONSUMPTION is the issue rather than it's SUPPLY. The average person should be smoking at least 1-2 grams a day, with others consuming 10 grams a day, much like the real world. Instead? People are hoarding the plant rather than consuming it. Character portrayal is the issue, not the "supply" of marijuana.

A bottle of water is cheaper in vending machines... marijuana has never been decreased to such a level that it's the identical price of water bottles. $100-$200 = $10-$20... seems reasonable.

I've never had this problem on either of my illegal characters. I was usually able to sell a good amount of cocaine, marijuana, and heroin since August. 

stop translating things to the real world, in the real world literally everyone I know smokes weed, ingame it's like 10% of the playerbase max. Therefor every gang cant have a weed grow op or they'll over saturate the market. People have been plugging weed at 20-50, and the street price has been 100-150 max since late 2020, that isn't profitable for anyone but bulk sellers and it's not how it used to be. 

We can't have realistic drug numbers. IRL gang members handle kilos of coke, ingame if they handle that much sure it's fun because they're mimicking irl, but that kilo is never actually going to leave the server because we have like 800-1000 active players. You need to think deeper into this instead of the surface level thinking that if it copies irl = it's good.

The average person should be smoking at least 1-2 grams a day, with others consuming 10 grams a day, much like the real world. Instead? People are hoarding the plant rather than consuming it. Character portrayal is the issue, not the "supply" of marijuana.

Yes but just increasing how much is used wont fix shit. I think you understimate exactly how ridiculous the amount of drugs stockpiled are, even if everyone on the server smoked 1 gram a day it'd still take ages for it to run out, + there's more being added via supplier every 2 weeks. We need a wipe/pause asap to recreate a demand. 

Edited by Pathway
1 hour ago, Koko said:

I don't agree that cocaine finds more use only because of the buff

I've always heard "Wow, why is the effect so short 😞 " when Carry shared with one of her  friends.

Never "What only 1XX HP but I estimated to get into a shootout and need at least 1YY".

And I think I've already said the last time this topic came around:

Don't appeal to statplayers, appeal to roleplayers when reworking drugs please, thanks.

It's about the experience, and should be ingame the same- ask Jimi 😉

2 hours ago, Pathway said:

stop translating things to the real world, in the real world literally everyone I know smokes weed, ingame it's like 10% of the playerbase max. Therefor every gang cant have a weed grow op or they'll over saturate the market. People have been plugging weed at 20-50, and the street price has been 100-150 max since late 2020, that isn't profitable for anyone but bulk sellers and it's not how it used to be. 

We can't have realistic drug numbers. IRL gang members handle kilos of coke, ingame if they handle that much sure it's fun because they're mimicking irl, but that kilo is never actually going to leave the server because we have like 800-1000 active players. You need to think deeper into this instead of the surface level thinking that if it copies irl = it's good.

Yes but just increasing how much is used wont fix shit. I think you understimate exactly how ridiculous the amount of drugs stockpiled are, even if everyone on the server smoked 1 gram a day it'd still take ages for it to run out, + there's more being added via supplier every 2 weeks. We need a wipe/pause asap to recreate a demand. 

You seem to ignore that seeds don't replicate. Eventually, they'll be depleted, overtime, and the stockpiles of marijuana will be consumed. Wiping narcotics doesn't create a demand, consuming it makes a demand. Otherwise, the cycle will repeat itself. Thus, the goal should be to incentivize the CONSUMPTION of narcotics, even more, rather than perceiving it as an issue of supply.

What would prevent this same cycle from occurring if narcotics are wiped from the server if every one will imitate what they've conducted in the past? Change the cycle and increase the demand for consumption.

Edited by DLimit
7 hours ago, DLimit said:

You seem to ignore that seeds don't replicate. Eventually, they'll be depleted, overtime, and the stockpiles of marijuana will be consumed.

they dont replicate but it took me 2 months to run out as an individual and theres still more being pumped into the server. So no it wont be depleted over time if I can just buy more, use common sense. I'm saying suppliers are given too much, combined with the effects of the shitty weed seed duping update that was reversed + lack of people consuming, look at all factors instead of just blaming it on one thing

You have clearly never been supplier. The stockpiles 1 faction has can fund the entire server for the next few months even if everyone on the server used a gram of every drug daily, and theres more being given every 2 weeks. We need a wipe + ifm lowering how much suppliers are given, or we need a pause on new drugs being spawned paired with more incentive to use drugs. If you think that increasing how much people use drugs will get rid of the retarded amounts of them we have on the server then u have never seen a big stash that is increasing every week or two.

There is too much supply, It’s that simple.

Stop adding drugs to the server for a few months and the prices will go back up, as stockpiles decrease.

If whoever spawns the drugs keeps doing so, then of course prices will remain low and it will seem no-one is buying your drugs because they are so readily available.

Or you could wipe, but if you do, the handing out of drugs needs to be far more controlled and reduced because otherwise we’ll be back in exactly the same spot again, in the future.

3 hours ago, Pathway said:

they dont replicate but it took me 2 months to run out as an individual and theres still more being pumped into the server. So no it wont be depleted over time if I can just buy more, use common sense. I'm saying suppliers are given too much, combined with the effects of the shitty weed seed duping update that was reversed + lack of people consuming, look at all factors instead of just blaming it on one thing

You have clearly never been supplier. The stockpiles 1 faction has can fund the entire server for the next few months even if everyone on the server used a gram of every drug daily, and theres more being given every 2 weeks. We need a wipe + ifm lowering how much suppliers are given, or we need a pause on new drugs being spawned paired with more incentive to use drugs. If you think that increasing how much people use drugs will get rid of the retarded amounts of them we have on the server then u have never seen a big stash that is increasing every week or two.

So, even if 9,800 grams of marijuana were to be consumed in two weeks, it wouldn't decrease the supply of the substance? How much marijuana does a supplier even receive, then?

7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

So, even if 9,800 grams of marijuana were to be consumed in two weeks, it wouldn't decrease the supply of the substance? How much marijuana does a supplier even receive, then?

for that to be consumed every single player would need to smoke a gram every day for 2 weeks which will never happen, and 9,800 is small in comparison , i know invidividuals with more than that not entire facs.

That still wouldnt be enough to decrease it enough imo though. 

How much marijuana does a supplier even receive, then?

case by case and also it's stockpilers that are more of the oroblem not specific suppliers