Preventing illegal activities on new characters

Chaishi

Prevent illegal activities (such as performing a robbery or being subject to a robbery) on characters which aren't atleast five hours old.

Some people use burner accounts to perform robberies or just DM in certain areas and people who just started playing on GTAW most probably does not know the areas where these people roam, resulting in them getting robbed. It could be a frustrating experience to have for a new player to go through this so fast and could manipulate their understanding of roleplay.

If we implement such a rule it would help reducing amount of robberies on and of new characters. Time could vary here, it could be less or it could be more.

I would go as far and up that number to 20 or 40 hours before being allowed to engage in any kind of criminal roleplay, even. Looking through the forums, it has been proven to be an issue with low effort/quality robberies and other unregulated crimes commited on the daily not only hurting the reputation of those that put efforts into their roleplay and characters, but generally discourage everyone else involved through these low quality situations. Allowing for a threshold to prevent "throwaway" characters and have new players generally get a feeling for the server first having "newbie protection" instead of running to the nearest 24/7, getting a baseball bat and commiting poor quality robberies should bring in some change for the better.

Edited by orca112
25 minutes ago, orca112 said:

I would go as far and up that number to 20 or 40 hours before being allowed to engage in any kind of criminal roleplay

Your heart may be in the right place, but there's already a cap involved in legal LEO roleplay, why make a cap for criminal roleplay? That would mean for the first 20-40 hours it'd be characters just spamming garbage trucks and sitting at clubs because the players can't roleplay what they want. If they wanna roleplay a criminal, let em. But if they do it poorly, forum report em. It's easy as that. But don't make what a player can experience be locked behind a time amount. If you feel like that go play a singleplayer RPG. 

I don't think that this is a good idea. If someone wants to RP illegal on a new character, they should be allowed to do that right away - forcing them to spend X hours in game doing other random stuff, before being allowed to rp what they really want (illegal), would only really demotivate people imo.

I'm sorry but this is Grand Theft Auto RP that is based on a city that has high rates of crime in real life. Stay inside if you don't want to get robbed and don't continue to try and ruin illegal RP for those who are involved in it because your character gets robbed all the time. Are you walking through Strawberry, or parking up your sportscar near a gang neighbourhood? Don't be a idiot, don't get robbed. 

No. If I want to RP a criminal and I need to make a new character, you want to prevent me to have fun by playing the game and roleplaying a criminal just because I don't have 40 hours of playing? Hell no. Too much of a micro management, use player report section if someone violates the rules. Simple as that.

• Upvote 2