Preventing illegal activities on new characters

Chaishi

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

Ten hours is just a little too much. Three or four seems better. The proposition of police also having a timer is an interesting and welcoming addition.

More importantly there has to be specified what sort of crime new characters are prohibited from (robberies for example or extortion, hits, kidnappings- you name it, stuff that bothers others and bears a risk for the initiating character if it backfires).

I'd not want to see criminal acts in general be fully prohibited:

For instance, I'd not want to be stopped from buying and using drugs as a new character, something that harms no one (left aside the character), but instead offers the ever-hungry mass of dealers a customer to rp with, just to name one example.

Small, petty, unarmed or generally "harmless" criminal acts should be allowed.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, knppel said:

More importantly there has to be specified what sort of crime new characters are prohibited from (robberies for example or extortion, hits, kidnappings- you name it, stuff that bothers others and bears a risk for the initiating character if it backfires).

I'd not want to see criminal acts in general be fully prohibited:

For instance, I'd not want to be stopped from buying and using drugs as a new character, something that harms no one (left aside the character), but instead offers the ever-hungry mass of dealers a customer to rp with, just to name one example.

Small, petty, unarmed or generally "harmless" criminal acts should be allowed.

I fully agree with this, and I think it's a pretty solid middle-ground. The three hour limit could be applied exclusively to any crimes which yield direct victims, such as murder and robbery. Smaller crimes that don't yield an immediately negative impact would be perfectly okay.

Crime is a good thing in my opinion, conflict helping to break the meta and drive drama which in turn breeds development. Poor crime is poor portrayal and in violation of the server's established rules. If you see someone acting poorly it might be best to just speak to them and throw a report out if it goes sour or if it's serious enough to warrant it. I'd leave it as is.

Edited by radreaper100
20 hours ago, DLimit said:

My character wasn't slanging narcotics until hour 44. Take some time to actually develop your character and form relationships, first.

...and again, this suggestion applies only to crimes against people. Other crimes are still super okay.

There is next to no ground to be opposed to it at this point.

• Upvote 1
Just now, DasFroggy said:

...and again, this suggestion applies only to crimes against people. Other crimes are still super okay.

There is next to no ground to be opposed to it at this point.

There is no point in that, I assume by crimes to people you mean robbing and robbing only? We shouldn't be limiting people if they're new or old to the server just because they have made a new character and want to roleplay illegally and I feel like most of the illegal roleplayers will agree with me here.

22 minutes ago, Yoak said:

There is no point in that, I assume by crimes to people you mean robbing and robbing only? We shouldn't be limiting people if they're new or old to the server just because they have made a new character and want to roleplay illegally and I feel like most of the illegal roleplayers will agree with me here.

It is strange to hear that there are people in a heavy roleplay server who cannot go for a simple three hours from the creation of a character without needing to rob people. That it is apparently too difficult to manage for such a short time... 

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

It is strange to hear that there are people in a heavy roleplay server who cannot go for a simple three hours from the creation of a character without needing to rob people. That it is apparently too difficult to manage for such a short time... 

You're simply missing the point