Preventing illegal activities on new characters

Chaishi

15 minutes ago, Van said:

This could help with people who are trolling as well. If a person is trolling but their character is not even five hours old, that could be an immediate rule breaking and everything could be scratched right away in the sake of that rule. 

It's also a strong disincentive to crimegrinding. Three hours for someone genuinely interested in roleplaying and the development of their character, would be a once-and-done affair, and likely NEVER revisited, as they would exercise more realistic caution when engaging in risky behavior. 

...whereas for crimegrinders, who don't prioritize the well-being or development of their characters, will find that those three hours begin to stack with each replacement character. Three hours is a lot of time for people who need to be instantly satisfied. 

It makes for a very practical filter, and addresses a number of community problems with next to no actual downsides.

I have been long enough on this server to see some shit.

Recently I got involved in a shooting with some illegals than did a bad movement than triggered a bad movement from me and it poorly escalated into a shooting, not related with the fact than it wasn't the fault from both sides but the fault of "the poor-quality robberies"

Whoever believes than I'm biased against criminals should wash their eyes

The point is than like the rest of the people in this post said, you can see a huge number of non-faction member / fresh people than starts wandering around Davis to start some crime-spree across the city, lowering the RP quality in general, affecting indirectly and directly factions and groups than don't support this kind of abusive activities, causing poor escalation conflicts like mine. When you have the idea than you can be robbed and even if they don't have the intention, most of the community will be trigger happy against any person than looks sus/vehicle than is behind you and others.

Unpopular Opinion: At least 10 hours might be needed for being able to engage criminal RP, considering than Joining PD are 20. Considering the abuse of illegal rping, not from faction or groups but from the typical crime-hopping players than plague our server, degrading more than just the RP quality of the server.

4 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Why?

IMO a player shouldn't be restricted whether they are new or old to the server, same for time played. Adding this would mean if you wanted to make a new character in an illegal scene you would have to wait X amount of hours before partaking in any faction roleplay.

Just now, Yoak said:

IMO a player shouldn't be restricted whether they are new or old to the server, same for time played. Adding this would mean if you wanted to make a new character in an illegal scene you would have to wait X amount of hours before partaking in any faction roleplay.

By that same logic, why restrict people to fear rules? People should be free to be without fear if they feel they can handle the situation. Players should not be restricted, in your own words.

As it is currently, there is already too much crime, to the point that out community of a thousand people is responsible for almost three times as many murders as the whole real world region of Colombia. A single city, with not even a full percentage point of the fifty MILLION people in all of Colombia, is achieving significantly more murders, and that's just counting CKs. If we factor in PKs, how much higher do you think that number will be?

If you have an alternative solution to get the crime situation under control, let's hear it.

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

By that same logic, why restrict people to fear rules? People should be free to be without fear if they feel they can handle the situation. Players should not be restricted, in your own words.

As it is currently, there is already too much crime, to the point that out community of a thousand people is responsible for almost three times as many murders as the whole real world region of Colombia. A single city, with not even a full percentage point of the fifty MILLION people in all of Colombia, is achieving significantly more murders, and that's just counting CKs. If we factor in PKs, how much higher do you think that number will be?

If you have an alternative solution to get the crime situation under control, let's hear it.

what lol

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

If you are struggling to understand such a basic explanation...

Thank you for your input. While you have not presented a compelling argument against the proposal, hearing from everyone does help. 

nah ur just chatting, i still stand by not supporting this 🤠

6 minutes ago, Yoak said:

nah ur just chatting, i still stand by not supporting this 🤠

k

2 hours ago, Xaleya said:

Unpopular Opinion: At least 10 hours might be needed for being able to engage criminal RP, considering than Joining PD are 20.

Ten hours is just a little too much. Three or four seems better. The proposition of police also having a timer is an interesting and welcoming addition.