What do you wanna see from gang RP?

Sixth

From what I have spectated on the faction topics in my limited time here, I would like to see more individualism. Black people (specifically) are not just pawns in gangs. There are black people who grow up in black communities and never associate with gangs, however a lot of what I am seeing is almost everyone involved in the faction are automatically gang members or associates of the gang.

6 minutes ago, Ode to Liberty said:

From what I have spectated on the faction topics in my limited time here, I would like to see more individualism. Black people (specifically) are not just pawns in gangs. There are black people who grow up in black communities and never associate with gangs, however a lot of what I am seeing is almost everyone involved in the faction are automatically gang members or associates of the gang.

This is a thread about gang rp... I think you'll be pleased to see that the ethnic diversity of GTAW's gangs and criminal organizations is quite impressive.

There are plenty of people RP'ing black characters that have literally no involvement in gangs or crime. The fact that you assume black characters not being criminals is some sort progressive idea is quite odd.

But the fact that you immediately associate black people with gangs makes me think you might have internalized some of the stereotypes and prejudices that you seem to be so against.

Edited by Dislord
1 minute ago, Dislord said:

But the fact that you immediately associate black people with gangs makes me think you might have internalized some of the stereotypes and prejudices that you seem to be so against.

Nice mental gymnastics. They won't work with me though.

I said in my experience, which means I have looked predominantly at black gangs. Nice try though!

9 hours ago, xJeffrey said:

I wanna see people be more creative, a-lot of factions/gangs are based in Davis.

that's mostly because the cliques people base their factions off are located in south central  LA IRL.

9 hours ago, Captain said:

Been seeing a lot of this lately but just want to get it in writing. Gang rpers need to kill each other less and leave room for more rp alternatives rather than ending all of the fun with a murder right away.

this

• Fenrir locked this topic