What do you wanna see from gang RP?

Sixth

28 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

First of all, what? You mean to tell me that in LA, a city with over 1,000 gangs, there's only one murder per day?

Yes, gang violence generally has a reason. But you'd be quite shocked to know that the reasons are generally quite petty. People get killed simply for wearing the wrong letter on their hat, people even get shot because they happen to be affiliated with a gang that crossed out a rival gang's graffiti. Gang violence is typically very senseless and irrational. In fact, most gang wars in reality started over females.

Also, you can't just assume that gangs are going across the city to start violence, they might actually be looking for their enemies, some gangs have beef everywhere, even on other sides of the city. MS-13 for example is a Westside LA gang irl, but gangs from all over LA have beef and problems with them, even gangs from the southernmost parts of the city.

"There were 253 murders in 2019, making it the 10th year in a row the city had fewer than 300 homicides. The homicide rate was the lowest since 1962."

He's right. A muder a day is still a huge number. Chicago had 492. Most people (me included) have a very warped view on gang life and crime in general. That said, the advancements in forensics technology and the fact that all it takes is one eye witness testimony for somebody to get a life sentence tends to keep premeditated murder down.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

In a city like LA, there is less than 1 murder per day. I'd like people to actually RP some level of realism when it comes to the escalation of violence between gangs and an overall much lower level of player deaths.

Gang violence often has a reason, especially when it comes to murder.

Also, gangs don't often go across the opposite side of the city to just start violence, which is what I see gangbangers doing frequently when they get bored.

I realise that a lot of gang members aren't guilty of this, but it's extremely obvious and poor RP when it happens.

Uh...I don't think there's any city that has less than one murder a day...

1 hour ago, Ears Up said:

First of all, what? You mean to tell me that in LA, a city with over 1,000 gangs, there's only one murder per day?

Yes, gang violence generally has a reason. But you'd be quite shocked to know that the reasons are generally quite petty. People get killed simply for wearing the wrong letter on their hat, people even get shot because they happen to be affiliated with a gang that crossed out a rival gang's graffiti. Gang violence is typically very senseless and irrational. In fact, most gang wars in reality started over females.

Also, you can't just assume that gangs are going across the city to start violence, they might actually be looking for their enemies, some gangs have beef everywhere, even on other sides of the city. MS-13 for example is a Westside LA gang irl, but gangs from all over LA have beef and problems with them, even gangs from the southernmost parts of the city.

Compton, on average, has around 22 murders and 600ish assaults per year in-between 2010-2020. It's not as common as one could imagine, and that's with a population of 96,600 residents. Homicides are MUCH more rare than assaults. I decided to specify Compton as it's overpacked with a variety of sets within every square-inch of the region.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/compton/crime 

Edited by DLimit
12 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Compton, on average, has around 22 murders and 600ish assaults per year in-between 2010-2020. It's not as common as one could imagine, and that's with a population of 96,600 residents. Homicides are MUCH more rare than assaults. I decided to specify Compton as it's overpacked with a variety of sets within every square-inch of the region.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/compton/crime 

22 is still a pretty big number for a city as small as compton g

8 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

You can google this btw, the numbers are openly available.

The amount of murders in most cities are extremely low, far less than you'd imagine or are portrayed here.

my point is that gang violence is typically very senseless and the reasons behind it are very often very irrational. People die over crossed out graffiti, caps with letters on them, numbers and women. I'm not really stressing on the numbers.

Edited by Ears Up
7 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

22 is still a pretty big number for a city as small as compton g

my point is that gang violence is typically very senseless and the reasons behind it are very often very irrational. People die over crossed out graffiti, caps with letters on them, numbers and women.

Yet, there's at least three deaths per day within Davis with a population of 500. On top of that, only around 100 people R.P. in Davis. Does one understand why homicide shouldn't be as common in the region? If people were executed over some thing as simple as "crossed out graffiti", then the homicide rate, within Compton, alone, would be much more higher than it's current state. We're referring to a population of almost a hundred-thousand, here, with the highest-density of gang-activity than most areas in the nation.

22 homicides in Compton means that it DOESN'T happen every day. Yet, on our server of 500 people? It happens three times a day. It's clearly overdone... gangs need to seek alternative methods towards handling their business. Brawls, fights, robberies etc... are more common than homicides. Most videos actually involve gangs confronting the "tagger" with a huge lesson, before POTENTIALLY jumping him... that's all. In return? The "tagger" DOESN'T shoot up the block... he either cowers away for weeks or returns with the set for a brawl.

Edited by DLimit
2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Yet, there's at least three deaths per day within Davis with a population of 500. On top of that, only around 100 people R.P. in Davis. Does one understand why homicide shouldn't be as common in the region? If people were executed over some thing as simple as "crossed out graffiti", then the homicide rate, within Compton, alone, would be much more higher than it's current state. We're referring to a population of almost a hundred-thousand, here, with the highest-density of gang-activity than most areas in the nation.

22 homicides in Compton means that it DOESN'T happen every day. Yet, on our server of 500 people? It happens three times a day. It's clearly overdone... gangs need to seek alternative methods towards handling their business. Brawls, fights, robberies etc... are more common than homicides.

I don't think you realize this, but crossed out gang graffiti only means one thing; violence. If 18th Street crosses out an MS-13 tag in their territory, something violent is gonna happen to an 18th Streeter, it's just the way gang life works.

Brawls, fights & robberies still happen on here, they're just rarely acknowledged. My faction (PBS) has been in a beef with Florencia 13 for weeks, we haven't shot eachother once, we've just been beating on eachother. 

What I'm saying is though, the violence that happens ingame really isn't too far fetched. You can say it is, but it's not. Gang violence is typically senseless, even if there isn't as many homicides daily, that doesn't mean there's no attempted homicides. People still get shot/stabbed and survive, there's also countless murders that don't even get reported right away, or even at all.

Just now, Ears Up said:

I don't think you realize this, but crossed out gang graffiti only means one thing; violence. If 18th Street crosses out an MS-13 tag in their territory, something violent is gonna happen to an 18th Streeter, it's just the way gang life works.

Brawls, fights & robberies still happen on here, they're just rarely acknowledged. My faction (PBS) has been in a beef with Florencia 13 for weeks, we haven't shot eachother once, we've just been beating on eachother. 

What I'm saying is though, the violence that happens ingame really isn't too far fetched. You can say it is, but it's not. Gang violence is typically senseless, even if there isn't as many homicides daily, that doesn't mean there's no attempted homicides. People still get shot/stabbed and survive, there's also countless murders that don't even get reported right away, or even at all.

Never denied that violent crimes were low. I'm only arguing that homicides are rarer than what is depicted on the server. Clearly, I realize this, as I stated that the assault rate is around six-hundred a year, which are only reported numbers. I had also stated that sets should resort to brawls, robberies etc... rather than homicide.

• Upvote 1
  • Fenrir locked this topic