What do you wanna see from gang RP?

Sixth

6 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

NTM it's far from an extreme example, it's simply an example. There's countless other examples out there aswell. Oh, and I'd like to know where ur getting the 'less than 1 murder per day' thing from, if you look here https://homicide.latimes.com/ you'll see that those numbers are false, there's been atleast 10 murders in the first few weeks of this month alone, and these are only the bodies that get found.

I'm using the same source you are:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-12-31/crime-in-los-angeles-drops-2019-police-community-partnerships-and-gang-intervention

3 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Just to point out that the number of shooting victims is also a valid point there. I mean, sure, it accounts for more than just gang shootings (since I believe it might encompass shootings so far as shooting accidents at ranges), but it's also more accurate in showing how much /gun violence/ there is as opposed to how many deaths there are decided to be the outcome of gun violence.

(though at the same time, 1 victim =! 1 accident, so)

Edited by yerro

Homicides were at 252 as of Dec. 21, the same number as 2018 to that date. Violent crime, including homicides, rape, robbery and aggravated assaults, slid by 3.6%. The number of shooting victims dropped from 985 to 924, a 6.2% difference. Property crimes also decreased.

Less than 3 shootings, per day, across the entirety of a city with 4 million people....

Even if all those were gang related (which of course they won't be), again this just points out how low crime rates really are in both normal and gang-style life.

3 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Homicides were at 252 as of Dec. 21, the same number as 2018 to that date. Violent crime, including homicides, rape, robbery and aggravated assaults, slid by 3.6%. The number of shooting victims dropped from 985 to 924, a 6.2% difference. Property crimes also decreased.

Less than 3 shootings, per day, across the entirety of a city with 4 million people....

Even if all those were gang related (which of course they won't be), again this just points out how low crime rates really are in both normal and gang-style life.

Um.. Exactly three homicides per day, which if I'm being honest, is a pretty big number. Keep in mind, those are ONLY the ones that were reported or even found out about. The number of shooting victims dropping by 6% really means nothing in the end.

Not to mention that statistics are bullshit regardless, lets talk actual facts about gang life. The facts are all infront of you, whether or not you acknowledge them is up to you really cause I'm honestly not finna go back and forth with you here, if you don't wanna listen to what I'm tryna tell you, don't.

Edited by Ears Up

1 minute ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Three shootings per day != 3 homicides per day. 

252 homicides per year, 924 shootings per year.

People get shot and survive. In fact, according to that, most gunshot victims survive because some of those 252 homocides won't have been gun related.

Why are we still talking statistics?

and if u think there's only 3 shootings per day in LA, you're honestly tripping. Do you think MS-13 and 18st, who've been at war for 20 years, are only brawling eachother? No, dude. They're in an all out war where the goal is to completely remove the other side from existence, as are most rival gangs.

Edited by Ears Up
10 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Ofc, but even if the unreported murders were double, or even ten times what the reported murders are, it still doesn't give any excuse for the unreasonable amount of deaths that go on daily due to the way quite a lot of players think it's what 'gang RP' should be like.

I think the players you're referring to are the people that are just looking for an excuse to shoot. They don't really care about portrayal so bringing up facts won't change anything, and honestly, they form a small amount of gang roleplayers. I can only speak on behalf of the Sureño gangs though. I won't publicly shame factions but there are certain factions with DM mentality and that's worrisome to say the least. My faction, Florencia 13, has been beefing with Ears Up's faction, Playboys 13, for a few days now. It's been mostly graffiti tagging, FB beef, brawls and petty crimes against each other. Neither of the factions have shot yet, and we aren't planning to utilize guns any time soon. Gang violence is, in fact, very real. Although they aren't full blown murders there are gruesome stories. Just recently, a group of Florencia 13 members carved "F13" onto a kid from Playboys 13's chest with a knife. Gang members have ordinary lives too and we try to portray both at the same time. However, saying gang violence isn't common is far from correct.

I've always been against gunplay unless it's absolutely necessary, and this has been made clear to my faction members.

5 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Because you asked?  Oh, and I'd like to know where ur getting the 'less than 1 murder per day' thing from?

That was 4 replies ago. I'm no longer talking statistics, I'm talking about the fact that gang violence is real and it's not a watered down, tame fairy-land where everybody agrees to fight without using guns. Not to mention, people rarely report shootings in the ghetto, that's rule number one. So the way I see it, all the statistics are irrelevant.

Edited by Ears Up

That's a bit of a strawman, since no-one claimed that.

However, most gangs aren't in daily deadly confrontations like it's some warzone, because if they were, there would be far more killings, which again, there are not.

Unless you have some evidence to the contrary, it just seems the way you see it is based on your perception of gang crime vs evidence and facts.

• Fenrir locked this topic