Traffic Cameras/Speeding Cameras

10 hours ago, CheezyTheNerd said:

This should fall on role-play expectations, it's extremely unrealistic for anyone to be flying through a main road an skipping half the intersections. People should be given warnings about their ability to role-play and question why their character has to drive at 90+ MPH through a main city.

This. This. This.

You can only do so much with this problem in-character. Anything short of making a first offense fine an exorbitant amount or punishment wouldn't curb the issue and even then, it may not alleviate the underlying issue which is role play quality. It's highly unrealistic for over half of the population to speed around the city the way they do. Evading for a first time speeding offense just because you're in a fast car? That's just business as usual in Los Santos, unfortunately. I would love to hear solutions to this.

One of the issues is that a majority of players won't report someone speeding through an intersection as a role play quality report. Half the time I don't even catch the name tags as they go flying by, so it might be hard and a little annoying to make an in-game report of just a vehicle description and previously known location.

I've never liked speed cameras on roleplay servers and have always found them to be a nuisance rather than an aid to roleplay. 

People who drive unrealistically will continue to drive unrealistically and those who drive this way in order to bait pursuits will have a field day now that they can say they're evading because they're afraid of getting arrested for failure to pay a fine. This doesn't benefit police roleplayers either as it decreases the amount of interaction we get with people and only serves to cause a nuisance.

No from me.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Tseard said:

Yes, but if the suggestion is to add it to avoid people driving like GTA:O, then it holds no purpose.

Speed cameras don’t do that. And people have no tolerance here. Drive a little too fast and all of a sudden you’re a terrible roleplayer, lmao. If you get annoyed because I blow an intersection you have bigger problems. Speeding isn’t unrealistic,  I do it all the time IRL.

16 hours ago, hipsxn said:

People driving like crazy, in my eyes is simply due to the fact that the PD are not enforcing the law as they should, BUT recently they are beginning to slowly force down the law and actually pull people over etc.

Going to support this idea, simply because it will add more RP fear with people in the street racing scene and people speeding in general.

16 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

So sick of this. Also,  the cops are doing it themselves. It's like the intersections does not exist.

Kind of a eh on both sides, however, such a system implemented will guarantee a better realistic driving experience but this will as Tseard said, might not affect in a way it should.

The majority of the people will pass the camera and start speeding, ruining the reputation even further. I'd surely love to get this implemented but this could be done on future basis as of now there are various bugs which more importantly need fixing.

I'd like to change this suggestion a little and say instead of fixed place it should be a camera Van that PD or SD could set up, fines are automatically applied to the owner of the vehicles plate and people would never know where they are. The only issue is I am unsure if American police utilise these vans in reality.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Syrike said:

I'd like to change this suggestion a little and say instead of fixed place it should be a camera Van that PD or SD could set up, fines are automatically applied to the owner of the vehicles plate and people would never know where they are. The only issue is I am unsure if American police utilise these vans in reality.

Well, an even better fix, would just to add a speed radar on cruiser, not the fixed one we currently have