Traffic Cameras/Speeding Cameras

Kyra

I havent read all the posts above but I mean, I have been seen multiple cops where they have not even tried to pull me over when I have been speeding through numerous of intersections...if I do not get pulled over at all...why should I bother to stop on intersections. 

In my point of view, this problem can be easily solved In Character. Why do you have to involve admins for every scenario possible when there is In Character solutions.

Would be nice but an automated camera Van allows for rapid processing, catching those 6 people who actively speed past a traffic stop. Its more of an actual deterant as it is used IRL people jumping on the brakes when it appears at random one day only to get caught the next day

4 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Speed cameras don’t do that. And people have no tolerance here. Drive a little too fast and all of a sudden you’re a terrible roleplayer, lmao. If you get annoyed because I blow an intersection you have bigger problems. Speeding isn’t unrealistic,  I do it all the time IRL.

Sorry, I don’t get your reply. What had this to do with my comment? I drive over the limit myself too..

4 hours ago, eTaylor said:

I do it all the time IRL.

In real life if you're caught speeding you get a nice ticket and a penalty on your license. On GTAW you get a 2500$ fine which means nothing. Our fines are way too low compared to our incomes, resulting in people breaking the rules because the punishments are a joke.

1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

In real life if you're caught speeding you get a nice ticket and a penalty on your license. On GTAW you get a 2500$ fine which means nothing. Our fines are way too low compared to our incomes, resulting in people breaking the rules because the punishments are a joke.

If you get caught.

1 hour ago, Tseard said:

Sorry, I don’t get your reply. What had this to do with my comment? I drive over the limit myself too..

Reinforcing the point that you don't enforce arbitrary personally defined "roleplay driving" with speed cameras on a couple of roads.

On 3/4/2020 at 8:24 AM, Timzii said:

Maybe PD should start enforcing law instead? They honestly aren't doing much in regards of preventing people from not cutting intersections, speeding and breaking the law, but then again that's an IC issue which PD should be taking care of. Also I highly doubt speeding cameras could be a thing with the current desync we're having on the server.

Majority of people just run when you try to enforce any sort of traffic laws.. if they even have a decently fast car they just take off and calling pursuit after pursuit gets boring really really fast

Edited by Almighty
16 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Speed cameras don’t do that. And people have no tolerance here. Drive a little too fast and all of a sudden you’re a terrible roleplayer, lmao. If you get annoyed because I blow an intersection you have bigger problems. Speeding isn’t unrealistic,  I do it all the time IRL.

Speeding in excess of 30+ mph over within what would normally be a busy city, ignoring intersections without regards to any danger.... is not realistic. People RP as if there are only a few hundred people and that’s not what a city is. You should drive as if there were lots of cars on the road in a normal city. Thinking this is okay is a problem with role play quality and should most definitely be handled just like any other RP quality report. 

With regards to the cameras, I wouldn’t support it. As others have said, it does not address the underlying problem, which is a player’s standard of role play. 

Edited by Giles
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Giles said:

Speeding in excess of 30+ mph over within what would normally be a busy city, ignoring intersections without regards to any danger.... is not realistic. People RP as if there are only a few hundred people and that’s not what a city is. You should drive as if there were lots of cars on the road in a normal city. Thinking this is okay is a problem with role play quality and should most definitely be handled just like any other RP quality report. 

So because I won’t roleplay your NPC’s, don’t drive 50mph, stop at every line and signal my turns I’m a terrible roleplayer? Incredible, an argument with a double standard. If “it’s a busy city” is your only argument then it’s moot, it doesn’t apply to anything else in the server. Why should it apply to driving? Have a consistent stance, you want to drive like an upstanding and productive member in society - be my guest. Don’t dictate my roleplay, it’s an in character issue. Not a quality report issue.