Traffic Cameras/Speeding Cameras

Kyra

Short description: Traffic Cameras/Speeding Cameras

Detailed description: At the moment people drive like they're on GTA Online and it's a bad example for new players that join the server. 
People drive on the wrong side of the road, speeding through town with their sports cars and I can't tell you how often I almost got roadkilled because of that since no one pays attention. And when you're on a bicycle or motorcycle you always have to have your head on a swivel because someone will (almost) ram you and blame it on "lag" or "desync". Even some PD Officers are just ignoring the speed limit, without having an emergency. So this would improve a lot when it comes to realism and also the quality of RP. The highway should be good enough if you want to test out your vehicles speed, or for illegal racing.

The system could be handled via an automated fine system, like I speed through the camera's zone and get a ticket for it. 

Commands to add: Maybe adding some commands for the PD or Admins to access the cameras. Showing the speed, license plate, First& Last Name, and maybe the brand/model of the car. For rental cars it could show just the speed and the name.

Items to add:  n/a

How would your suggestion improve the server?  Speeding Cameras on major locations would reduce people's need for speed and (hopefully) reduce the players getting admin jailed for unrealistic driving. 

Additional information: n/a

• Upvote 1

That seems like a lot of work and I'm not sure it's feasible anyway.

The fines just need to be way higher. A speeding ticket is nothing. Make those tickets hurt and people will stop earning them. 2500$ IF YOU GET CAUGHT, IF YOU GET FINED is a very small risk/ticket.

I'd triple every fine there is. 5000$ for Evading seems like nothing.

Maybe PD should start enforcing law instead? They honestly aren't doing much in regards of preventing people from not cutting intersections, speeding and breaking the law, but then again that's an IC issue which PD should be taking care of. Also I highly doubt speeding cameras could be a thing with the current desync we're having on the server.

Speeding cameras are a thing on certain servers already.
That's why I was surprised we don't have such a feature already.

So yeah, either the PD starts to enforce the law or we need an alternative like this, cause I dislike the fact seeing flying & crashing cars in Vinewood. 
People should be driving more carefully since we all know the current desync is heavy, especially when the server gets crowded.

5 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Maybe PD should start enforcing law instead? They honestly aren't doing much in regards of preventing people from not cutting intersections, speeding and breaking the law, but then again that's an IC issue which PD should be taking care of. Also I highly doubt speeding cameras could be a thing with the current desync we're having on the server.

Honestly surprised this comment exists lol. Mostly, people would probably complain we enforce too much. As a member of the traffic division (along with many other members of traffic), I do my best to ensure responsible driving on the road. Maybe you just have not seen us. In terms of speeding, things can be a bit tricky. For cases which are not obvious, an officer would have to be running a speed check in order to basically prove the charge of speeding in court. There are exceptions to where a person will literally ZIP across your screen, which is different and obvious. However, you have to look at it from our in-character perspective. We have to be able to prove these things in Court. Court exists.

I realized that was very off topic but, I would not mind having a few of these on BIG or MAIN roads. I also would not want to see too many of these but a few won't hurt.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Saccs said:

I would not mind having a few of these on BIG or MAIN roads. I also would not want to see too many of these but a few won't hurt.

I forget to mention this, yes. It'd be too much having these cameras on every road. Highly populated roads like these at the Vinewood bank, the Hawick clothing store, Mirror Park and Pillbox Hill, would be a good start.

55 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Speeding cameras are a thing on certain servers already.
That's why I was surprised we don't have such a feature already.

So yeah, either the PD starts to enforce the law or we need an alternative like this, cause I dislike the fact seeing flying & crashing cars in Vinewood. 
People should be driving more carefully since we all know the current desync is heavy, especially when the server gets crowded.

43 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I forget to mention this, yes. It'd be too much having these cameras on every road. Highly populated roads like these at the Vinewood bank, the Hawick clothing store, Mirror Park and Pillbox Hill, would be a good start.

43 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Yes, the cameras should only be in heavily populated areas since I really don't see why drivers should go slow in empty streets. Cameras in real life are supposed to push drivers to slow down in order to avoid accidents, so it's just pointless and annoying to have them in empty streets

Also, cars with no registration/plates should not be affected since the cameras scan the plates.

People driving like crazy, in my eyes is simply due to the fact that the PD are not enforcing the law as they should, BUT recently they are beginning to slowly force down the law and actually pull people over etc.

Going to support this idea, simply because it will add more RP fear with people in the street racing scene and people speeding in general.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Zealot said:

At the moment people drive like they're on GTA Online and it's a bad example for new players that join the server. 

1 hour ago, Timzii said:

They honestly aren't doing much in regards of preventing people from not cutting intersections, speeding and breaking the law

So sick of this. Also,  the cops are doing it themselves. It's like the intersections does not exist.