Why (or should) can the death penalty be handed to a character that PLAYER-KILLED Officers?

brimifulweather

1 minute ago, Snoof said:

Still an incomplete picture because I don't know what they knew coming in, but based off this it looks like they ran into a funnel where they couldn't actually see what they were running into and got massacred before they had a chance to fully assess the situation. I don't think running into a project firing squad is something they should've seen coming if they were going in blind. I wouldn't have.

But they have, and they knew it was going to be a shootout from the simple fact that every single day for an entire week, Forum Dr. was closed due to a scene involving murder. They knew it was a crime infested area, and even more, a murder infested area.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Snoof said:

Still an incomplete picture because I don't know what they knew coming in, but based off this it looks like they ran into a funnel where they couldn't actually see what they were running into and got massacred before they had a chance to fully assess the situation. I don't think running into a project firing squad is something they should've seen coming if they were going in blind. I wouldn't have.

You mean they found themselves in a dynamic situation in which short-time decisions effectively become life or death situations? Sounds like they slipped and got themselves into a situation where they've risked their lives.

Edited by munnezza
  • Upvote 4
8 minutes ago, Snoof said:

it was a 911 call regarding 1 person with a gun. upon their arrival there's 6+ gang affiliates in a notorious alley called "death alley" that alley being nicknamed by LEO for various reasons.

• Upvote 5
Just now, munnezza said:

You mean they found themselves in a dynamic situation in which short-time decisions effectively become life or death situations? Sounds like they slipped, and got themselves into a situation where they've risked their life. 

Yep. If you wanna make the argument that people should be CKed every time they put themselves into a dangerous position and died for it then fair play, that's a legitimate stance to have.

7 minutes ago, Quincy said:

But they have, and they knew it was going to be a shootout from the simple fact that every single day for an entire week, Forum Dr. was closed due to a scene involving murder. They knew it was a crime infested area, and even more, a murder infested area.

Don't think the geography argument really works in a GTAW context tbh. You'd be hard-pressed to find a non safe-zone square of the map that doesn't see daily murders.

2 minutes ago, Smurf said:

it was a 911 call regarding 1 person with a gun. upon their arrival there's 6+ gang affiliates in a notorious alley called "death alley" that alley being nicknamed by LEO for various reasons.

Again, really doesn't look like they could actually see how many there were when they went in. Gang definitely had the upper hand there, no arguing against that, but I'm still not convinced the cops broke fearRP by going in there.

• Upvote 1

LEOs should be given tougher reprimands in general to stop them acting like heroes with zero repurcussions. When you die from a shootout (irregardless of the reason of the shootout starting) with them you're forced to get a CK, but if a cop decides to play the hero and single handedly go into a known gang infested area and start a shootout, why should they not be CKed when they inevitably get gunned down? They willingly went in, showing no fear for their lives.

• Upvote 10
4 minutes ago, Snoof said:

Yep. If you wanna make the argument that people should be CKed every time they put themselves into a dangerous position and died for it then fair play, that's a legitimate stance to have.

Don't think the geography argument really works in a GTAW context tbh. You'd be hard-pressed to find a non safe-zone square of the map that doesn't see daily murders.

Again, really doesn't look like they could actually see how many there were when they went in. Gang definitely had the upper hand there, no arguing against that, but I'm still not convinced the cops broke fearRP by going in there.

I've roleplayed in the LSSD, and I would have called back-up, immediately, being fearful of entering shady alleyways of a known gang-infested territory filled with armed people. Knowing that it was formerly addressed as "Murder Alley" by other LEO departments, and even reading the manual where it states not to chase suspects in locations where they could be potentially ambushed? I would immediately call for back-up. That'd be the first course of action.

I remember people calling SEB, around the corner, and lining up 8-10 vehicles deep over entering a known violent area to arrest a single person at the Davis L.T.D... I remember being fearful of hopping over fences into backyards because one of the retired officers mentioned that a suspect hopped a fence, turned around, and shot the officer as they were hopping the fence. He told my char to call for back-up before engaging in such activities to secure the perimeter.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 5
4 minutes ago, Snoof said:

Aren't you arguing against yourself here? The cops took the chance of running into a firing squad in one of the most hostile zones in the map currently (which houses what is ICly one of the longest running street gangs) when they ran into the most obvious ambush spot I've ever seen. They weren't afraid of any of the myriad possibilities once they went up those first steps. The first cop straight up ran inside and died in like .5 seconds.

Edited by AnthonyCourtney
  • Upvote 4