whats the point of not breaking the rules

I actually like the idea of replacing most perm bans with longer temp bans.

Reserve permabans for people who are legitimately no longer welcome to the community and delete their account.

and then just do 3/6/9 month temp bans for all the people you’d usually perm ban. 

Also admin jails are goofy and outdated.

I do like kicks though. Kicks are a good way of saying “hey bozo quit being goofy” without taking yourself, the game, or your staff position too seriously 

7 hours ago, Martyn said:

The sad truth of the matter is that creating a report, accumulating evidence and putting it all together in a comprehensive way for an admin to understand takes FAR more time than the potential punishment the reported party gets. Essentially I believe this to be a tactic to discourage players from making reports unless its "EXTREMELY SERIOUS". There's no other reason why you would disrespect a player by issuing a warning over a big ass report that took an hour to put together, upload footage, answer questions, pretend to be a forum lawyer and argue with someone for days on end. Only for the report to take a month+ to be resolved and meanwhile, the roleplay that happened wasn't voided so it has ruined your development in one way or another for this entire month already. Putting your character in a sort of limbo state until the report does get resolved and it finally does get voided. Even though, the damage is already done by that point.

Making forum reports ain't worth it unless you're sure its a guaranteed 100 percent bannable offense. For this reason I've absolutely never forum reported someone before.

We issue punishments that are proportionate to the offence/rule break and the player's admin record. While I understand forum reports are tedious to compile and put together, they are tedious for administrators to handle also. We sometimes spend hours looking through a single forum report. especially when they concern multiple rule breaks and multiple players. They are not simple. Giving a player a 30 minute admin jail after spending hours on a report isn't my idea of fun either, but punishments have to be sequential.

51 minutes ago, Eniseekay said:

It can happen even if you had no bad intentions. It can happen from misunderstandings.

I'm a criminal roleplayer with a focus on vehicle theft and petty muggings. I've literally never been reported after roleplaying here for several years. If I can do it, so can anyone else.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2

Quantity > Quality is the name of the game. More players mean more paying customers regardless of their intentions, roleplay quality or whether they push the original, roleplay-driven playerbase away in favour for more RPG nopixel gameplay.

Keeping any ban up is essentially a bad business decision, and as long as it isn't going to negatively impact the server's reputation to unban someone, they won't keep a (permanent) ban up.

• Upvote 4

Honestly, we should be trading out Ajails for temp bans. 1, 2, or 3 day temp bans would be a good start. It's disgruntling and tiring to see some dude with a random troll name or a name rolling off stereotypes that are borderline racist, catch a 90 minute ajail for heinous behavior that even GTA:O players would be disgusted by. 

If the worry is about losing players, you're going to lose more players seeing that shit and getting disgruntled than you shipping out the garbage. Same goes for "Whole factions" that would have been banned for cheats. Ban them, they're contributing negatively to the server and probably the same people treating the server like a cops and robbers server with a side of subpar illegal roleplay. At some point we should be worrying more about the quality than the quantity and I doubt some dudes who can't take an L are contributing decent roleplay. 

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, Martyn said:

The sad truth of the matter is that creating a report, accumulating evidence and putting it all together in a comprehensive way for an admin to understand takes FAR more time than the potential punishment the reported party gets. Essentially I believe this to be a tactic to discourage players from making reports unless its "EXTREMELY SERIOUS". There's no other reason why you would disrespect a player by issuing a warning over a big ass report that took an hour to put together, upload footage, answer questions, pretend to be a forum lawyer and argue with someone for days on end. Only for the report to take a month+ to be resolved and meanwhile, the roleplay that happened wasn't voided so it has ruined your development in one way or another for this entire month already. Putting your character in a sort of limbo state until the report does get resolved and it finally does get voided. Even though, the damage is already done by that point.

Making forum reports ain't worth it unless you're sure its a guaranteed 100 percent bannable offense. For this reason I've absolutely never forum reported someone before.

Sometimes even then they don't get banned.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

I should quote your clip of you crashing into someone and not rping it, or the clip of you drawing a weapon without any rp from your vehicle. If you wanna go that path. 

• Upvote 2

GTAW's application phase is one of the hardest servers to get in and yet we see players just getting prisoned for non rp driving by using a sultan and climbing up the hills or even going full speed during peak time w/o thinking about traffic. Car accidents are never being roleplay even tho its clear that two players collided with each other admins aren't going to be forcing players to roleplay if the two parties agree to skip it. Some players have openly confessed that they want to roleplay car accidents because no one on the server does that anymore so why bother doing it. 

4 hours ago, Fabulous said:

4 hours ago, sixchar said:

I should quote your clip of you crashing into someone and not rping it, or the clip of you drawing a weapon without any rp from your vehicle. If you wanna go that path. 

Two wrongs don't make them right XD it's not a competition.

I think the player's intent of rule breaking should be put into consideration when giving judgement. Everyone bound to do mistake, but if the mistakes are "intentional", then I think a ban should be the proper solution.