SAPR should change to SAHP. Here are some reasons why.

TommyX

12 minutes ago, Ohngesicht said:

i can already see all the patrol vehicles on the highway waiting for people to speed so they can finally do something.

To be fair though, SAPR already does that. I've seen so many cars on East Joshua Road pulling people to the side. Had the county offer more businesses and property apartments? We'd see more Paleto and Sandy Shores RP, again, I do think offering juicy bonus's for businesses operating in certain areas in the map would do wonders.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Tzula said:

To be fair though, SAPR already does that. I've seen so many cars on East Joshua Road pulling people to the side. Had the county offer more businesses and property apartments? We'd see more Paleto and Sandy Shores RP, again, I do think offering juicy bonus's for businesses operating in certain areas in the map would do wonders.

Even worse our PARK RANGERS already act like a highway patrol.

But I believe many people actually want to RP in the county but it is almost impossible to get a property there.

• Upvote 2

SAPR is not "niche" anymore. They literally hold the same law enforcement duties any LEA hold, as they patrol the county and enforce traffic related laws in the highway. They basically do the same thing any cop working the state would do, while having the name "Park Rangers". SFM is niche, because, well- they are solely based on fire safety related laws, investigations and arsons. Stop comparing them. 

No one is saying "bring a 7th LEA to the server", people are just trying to explain the fact that SAPR should be revamped to SAHP because it makes more sense to have the agency that was created to police the state, rather than asking the park ranger to do it. Highway Patrol has its own culture and its own way of enforcing the law, which is also plus and something new compared to the usual LAPD and LASD culture we have.

Edited by mhrhan
6 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Okay, I take that back. Now I wonder why does SD need automatic corruption perms then, hm? Something that is given to them once they are out of probie stage and no one checks if they don't abuse it in non-ic ways? You think 100% of the department irl is corrupt? Not the case. This needs to change if I am honest, where people need good IC reasons and background story to give them those perms, yet, here, no need for it whatsoever. 

Biggest issue no one checks if this permission is not abused to the point where it breaks server-rules, and trust me, if there is a way to abuse something humans will abuse it.

Dude this thread is about SAPR and not LSSD stop derailing the topic with your baseless finger pointing please. 

staying OT: This topic is about how we can improve SAPR to better fit the server. I can tell you have done zero research on how these agencies operate then go to an open forum to embarass yourself with the little information you know. If you have any inquiries regarding rules with IC corruptions in factions you should maybe talk to the faction leaders directly. 

Edited by iFlyKid
On 3/22/2023 at 10:56 AM, Poetic said:

Yeah, so having been in SAPR since 2021,

• Our faction has undergone so many changes and relinquisment of restrictions we've had over the past two years.
  • We are a patrol faction across the entire county.
  • HAPA does not exist, and frankly I do not believe LFM would be interested in having it return as far as I am aware
  • County roleplay, and hunting is entirely niche
  • The only animal protection "law" in the Penal code is a 511. For animal abuse.

A lot of people that have come to SAPR, by process, or have left PD and SD for various reasons, some of those include

• We aren't here for the high pace back and forth scene-to-scene characters that only exist.
  • We did not join this faction to be spoon fed RP
  • We are looking for something with a little more "calmness" to it, we want to be able to sit around for a couple hours and roleplay with people in Grand Senora & Chiliad, which we are able to do.

SAPR has been attempting to transition into SAHP since its inception. SAPR was originally supposed to be SAHP when it became a "thing" back in 2021, but compromises were met and we were a heavily moderated faction for almost two years.

Only recently have we even been able to "leave" the county and go into the city for passive roleplay, and this was an adjustment by LFM because everyone agrees the county is dead. But even with that, we don't go into the city other than mutual aid calls, panic assists at 150 players 0700 server time, and passive roleplay (Which even then is rare.)

Our faction retention is also low, very low. Has been low since inception as well, and this reason is because people who join the faction are expecting constant back to back, scene to scene, and back to forth, or consistent traffic stops and gun shootouts. No, this faction requires you to do your best and reach out to others to either create, or engage in roleplay.

Admittedly, not everyone does this. But this faction wouldn't change whether it's renamed to SAPR or SAHP. Everything we already currently do influences SAHP.

We already do what "SAHP" would do.

But unfortunately I don't believe SAHP will ever happen, or that SAPR will transition into SAHP.

• For the majority of these reasons listen above, I am in favor of this suggestion. While still allowing the members of SARP to still specialize in passive roleplay, this will also increase their ability to additional activities, if they chose to do so. In addition, the current state of "state park" and "hunting" roleplay is completely dead, robbing SAPR of their most common roleplay experience.

• In addition to address the issue of , it is common throughout the USA to see local municipalities (think Grapeseed, Paleto, Sandy Shores, etc) contract out with state police & highway patrol to provide law enforcement services to their independent municipalities. This would give a lore/legal basis to still allow the newly formed SAHP to continue to patrol the countryside city areas, as opposed to just being stuck on the freeway

• California Highway Patrol, or future SAHP, also conducts multiple other duties throughout the state, which SAHP could use, to further their passive roleplay experience, and enhance the experience of RP altogether on the server.
    • Governor's security (Could also be expanded to personal protection of LS City/County Gov & State Officials)
    • Protection & Guarding Of State Buildings
    • High risk drug interdiction. (Could we even expand this to further incorporate port patrol into this or a co-op with SAPA???)Removal of disabled vehicles (Additional tow contractor RP, providing a legal route for those who wish to join SAHP as civilians)
    • Commercial Vehicle Inspections (Think trucking companies, getting DOT inspections for their vehicles, again, civilian inspectors hired by SAHP.)
  • Also, to go without saying, SAHP would be heavily used for mutual aid to large scale incidents, or when local law enforcement is overwhelmed with calls (Which seems to be a daily occurrence.) Being highway patrol, they can be trained & equipped as normal law enforcement to do this.
  • Traffic details, cracking down on speed racers throughout the state.

This goes without saying, but it is known that amongst American law enforcement culture, and California Culture as a whole, California Highway Patrol (Now SAHP) is an iconic law enforcement agency throughout the United States & recognized immediately by their vehicles, and unique uniforms. From movies to TV shows, there are multiple forms of media dedicated exclusively to featuring & starring this law enforcement agency.

This entire situation would greatly add immersion to the server, and more of a "California" feel to it, for sure.

For those who say "We do not need a third law enforcement agency" - Well, like it or not, there is already a third law enforcement agency on the server in the form of SAPR, who do respond to 911 calls, but simply focus on a different flavor of RP, and also have a strong passive RP prescence. This would simply be a rebranding of SARP. 

Also, my point of view is coming from an unbiased, illegal roleplayer, who fully supports this idea. I also believe that SAPR's characters have much greater development, as opposed to the above mentioned "scene-to-scene" characters of SD & PD, and SAPR focuses on character depth and development, and not robotic policing as many of us are consistently complaining about (This is in no means meant to faction bash, as I've had great experiences with all LEO agencies mentioned.)

A great example of SARP's performance would be their leadership on LCPD during the server transfer, and the fact that they were able to create a truly immersive experience there, emulating the real life NYPD, but keeping the highlights of SAPR, such as passive RP and character development.

• Upvote 5
26 minutes ago, mhrhan said:

SAPR is not "niche" anymore.

How is it not a niche? It exists in an incredibly specific corner. There’s whole specializations within SAPR that do not exist within PD or SD, and it offers an entirely unique experience tailored for a very specific kind of person. 

Specializations, or divisions we only offer are,

• Marine
  • Canine
  • Air
  • IA
  • PR

That's all we offer... we have off road vehicle and rifle qualification stuff. But we don't offer anything different, only less. We don't offer entirely unique experiences separate from PD or SD. We function scriptly, and allocate just as similar with the only caveat being in the county. While we're still "niche" In some sense, it's hard to see anymore truthfully though.

But we as a faction don't generally "offer" Any more than PD or SD does at this time.

Edited by Poetic