Player Reports Section

K3V

20 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Is there a way to actually enforce the word limit on forum reports somehow via script rather than relying on people to not go beyond it, like literally make it so they can't type more than 500 words? I feel as though this would help drastically. I can't imagine how discouraged admins must feel when they click to view a player report and come across essays after essays that could easily be simmered down, so to some extent I can understand why some admins simply don't bother with forum reports.

Reduce the word count to 100. Any reports > the word count? Close it, tell them to respect the rules if they want to make a complaint. If you can't summarize it into the word count, nobody wants to read it anyway.

Any reports with no evidence? Close it. Should've shadowplayed it.  If it's a case of an offline issue where there are clearly logs, that's a different matter.

Reporter argues on the report? Close it. Tell them to respect the rules.

Reported party argues on the report? Admin jail them.

Harsh and firm solutions to people not following the rules and forum reports will quickly become way more manageable to handle.

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, shmurkio said:

Ironic to hear this from someone who abused the admin powers for their personal gain and to benefit friends.

Who even are you? If you can name specific examples PM me and I'll happily discuss but a mostly productive thread just isn't the place for baseless accusations that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. But nontheless, this kind of attitude is exactly what's wrong with the community as a whole. You can't have a productive conversation without someone chiming in and making it personal. I digress..

No there is no excuse for letting reports languish for months, but there IS more that players can do to reduce that volume so reports are handled quicker. Ask yourself; were you really offended by Joekwon Blog calling you a dumbass after you shot them or are you just being a spiteful prick? If the answer is the later, you probably don't need to make the report. Thus, one less petty report admins have to handle. It all adds up. 

56 minutes ago, Westen said:

Reduce the word count to 100. Any reports > the word count? Close it, tell them to respect the rules if they want to make a complaint. If you can't summarize it into the word count, nobody wants to read it anyway.

Any reports with no evidence? Close it. Should've shadowplayed it.  If it's a case of an offline issue where there are clearly logs, that's a different matter.

Reporter argues on the report? Close it. Tell them to respect the rules.

Reported party argues on the report? Admin jail them.

Harsh and firm solutions to people not following the rules and forum reports will quickly become way more manageable to handle.

I do agree with reducing the word limit. I was just going off of what's currently in place, hence I mentioned 500 words.

I'm not against firmer and harsher solutions, namely the ones you proposed. I wish they would be more automatic rather than manual, though. Capping the word count would be one of them. I know plugins of this nature exist, whether they can be implemented here I'm not so sure, but they would solve a lot of issues with forum reports.

It would also be helpful if admins were allowed to moderate who can reply and who cannot. Like, sure they can react to constant back and forth, but they can't prevent it, which is the issue. So, I say automatically take away everyone's permission to reply under a report as soon as one is put up, including the reporting party's, and only allow people to reply if an admin gives them the necessary permissions through the control panel to do so, ideally only once and have them automatically taken away as soon as they post it. I know this is possible to have because I've seen it elsewhere and it worked like a charm.

Edited by Shaderz

Had several reports on this topic, let's try to keep this respectful - admins and management are happy to hear feedback as long as it's constructive.

The bashing taking place between individuals is just not necessary. I will say, however, management have made extreme efforts in an attempt to rectify this on-going issue. Some things come with time.

Thanks!

• Applaud 3

please link me if it's already been said why this hasnt happened, but a simple solution really seems like just handling them in order of post? whats the drawback of doing this? obviously if theres a conflict of interest you can just move onto the next one in order.

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Selena said:

Had several reports on this topic, let's try to keep this respectful - admins and management are happy to hear feedback as long as it's constructive.

The bashing taking place between individuals is just not necessary. I will say, however, management have made extreme efforts in an attempt to rectify this on-going issue. Some things come with time.

Thanks!

If the extreme efforts involve more severe punishments for breaking rules, for sure, that'll do it. If it isn't, we'll just be in another one of these discussions later down the line, because nothing will really improve as long as people don't care about the rules.

4 hours ago, Chill said:

You slap them hard enough, they get in line whether they want to or not. I understand GTAW is not any sort of AAA developer backed operation but the way people act here, they need to learn one way or another. Harsh punishments work. You just have to have the backbone to follow through with it after you start losing players (which is always temporary). There also has to be an absolute ending to the punishments, meaning at some point you're gone for good and it STAYS permanent. Like you said when people have something to lose, the rules suddenly become much easier to follow for a majority of people.

This is the crux of the issue as I see it. I've played here for ~18 months, never played LSRP, and I am still surprised at how lax the punishments are in comparison to every other community and game I have RPed on. The current cycle is a catch-22 that stems from weak punishments.

If you report, you create more work for administrators that are already stretched thin due to the amount of reports that are created because problem players aren't dealt with anywhere near harshly enough. If you don't report - because it's "petty", because "it'll take two months to resolve", because "it's pointless" - by the time that player is actually reported the handling administrator looks at their record, sees it's mostly clean, and gives a lighter version of a punishment that was already too light to begin with.

What's the benefit of these light punishments? How bad does someone's record need to get before they're handed a "permanent" 2 month ban that they'll successfully appeal after a month anyway? When the same individual/group needs to be reported multiple times to get ANY "harsh" action taken, is it any wonder there are so many reports? A warning is near-meaningless, ajails are a slap on the wrists that, when compared with losing precious items or taking an L, are the preferable outcome. This is backwards.

... and then, just to add insult to injury, regardless of what anyone did, they'll be unbanned for Liberty City anyway. Nice!

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 2

This server being a "learning server" feels like a lame excuse in the eyes of the general public.

Not just because everyone craves repeat offenders to be punished harsher, but because GTA:World lacks the (script) support to even call it a learning server.

To even join this server you'll need to pass the application phase, which anyone who knows how to roleplay or cheat knows how to pass. This is already pretty unfriendly to those who have a bare essential knowledge on roleplay.

When you finally join the server and want to do something, you're thrown into the wild. It's daunting as a first time player, and all the guides that you get ingame are the notifications ingame when you do ingame jobs (( YOU HAVE TO RP THIS ACTION!! )) in big red text and /report /helpme, both of which are understaffed.

I'll only accept "learning server" as an excuse if there's better facilities to aid new players, such as a mentor program.

Edited by Jeroen
Actually make the text red.
  • Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic