Player Reports Section

K3V

51 minutes ago, Nani mo Iranai said:

I'm sure that staff has their hands full, but it bothers me when some reports can be handled in-game, but they advise you to create a forum report instead. You're only generating more work for yourself. In addition, it's aggravating to see ten or more administrators online but no one to take your report, even if it's a minor issue.

Ive been in one of those, a situation that could easily be handled and resolved IG but an admin would tell you to create a forum report creating too much work for both sides and with the fact that they’re reports that sit under the sun for 2-3 months with no admins picking up the report there’s some people that cba to report knowing how long it’ll take.

It would be better if admins are to handle the old reports in order to get them out the way.

Edited by PrinceCane
1 hour ago, Nani mo Iranai said:

I'm sure that staff has their hands full, but it bothers me when some reports can be handled in-game, but they advise you to create a forum report instead. You're only generating more work for yourself. In addition, it's aggravating to see ten or more administrators online but no one to take your report, even if it's a minor issue.

Yeah no, been addressed internally multiple times, people are just lazy and don't want to admin, then again you have those couple who do admin but they do it wrong giving every single bit going from a minor thing to something deeper and deeper and deeper till the in-game report is already going for more than an hour while the conclusion is clear within first 3-5 minutes.

Just now, Murat said:

i just dnt see why PD reports are always priority when there are reports from july that have 0 replies on them

We are actively picking from the back now, it’s also actively being spoken about behind the scenes to find a solution that will address all the reports but priority being the backlog. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Murat said:

i just dnt see why PD reports are always priority when there are reports from july that have 0 replies on them

cus certain admins seem to jump at the opportunity to punish a certain demographic of players, and will snap up any reports relating to them. go look for urself and it's very easy to see which admins seem to be prioritizing certain groups of players

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Moonsong said:

When I was an admin this was actively discouraged and monitored by management, we were literally supposed to stop our own roleplay to take reports and I frequently did so. It was a problem back then too, that hasn't changed but it definitely seems to be much, much worse now. It's not only because of a lack of staff motivation but because how, sadly..many, many players treat them when their reports ARE taken. Administrators aren't respected one iota, nobody listens when the admin is just trying to get to the bottom of the scene. They're expected to take insults hurled at them by 13 year old e-bangers who think they're harder than Chuck Norris and once they make a decision it's immediately staff reported with no attempt to understand the reasoning behind the decision. Why the fuck would any sane person want to subject themselves to this almost everytime they take a report? Especially if management do little if anything to support you and your morale. It's an incredibly toxic and stressful environment, for what's supposed to be A GAME.

Triage hasn't helped, because noone has the backbone to enforce it. I've said it before and I'll say it again fundamental change needs to happen from the ground up if anything is going to change for the better and it needs to start with management. 

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that, yeah lackluster punishments are part of the problem but it's only half of it but it's all linked together.

As someone with long history of working in a free to play gaming community as a lead moderator, I can tell you first hand harsh punishments are 80% of the solution. You have to accept that there will be people who will always break rules, no matter what you do. There will be people who follow rules. You start banning little shits for being disrespectful and issue more long-lasting punishments for rule breaking, they’ll eventually get in line even if they don’t want to. If they want to stay here, they’ll get in line. Harsh? Absolutely. But it works. You’ll lose some players in the beginning because they’ll pitch a fit, but they always come back. 

Edited by Chill
3 minutes ago, Chill said:

As someone with history of working in a free to play gaming community as a moderator, I can tell you first hand harsh punishments are 80% of the solution. You have to accept that there will be people who will always break rules, no matter what you do. There will be people who follow rules. You start banning little shits for being disrespectful, they’ll eventually get in line even if they don’t want to. If they want to stay here, they’ll get in line. Harsh? Absolutely. But it works. 

I think a big part of the problem is the average age demographic of the community, teenage hormones, hurt feelings and authority never mix well and being harsh is the only way some are going to listen. I moderated a much larger community (a business forum) than this one where your decisions, could effect people's actual livelihoods and I can tell you, people were much more receptive when they had something to loose by acting like a dick. I rarely encountered problematic members and those I did, knew what they were doing and were handled accordingly.

Here it's completely different, there's nothing to loose except 30-60 minutes in a virtual jail while you watch youtube videos / netflix for ruining someone elses fun, there's nothing to loose for lying, for acting like dicks. Maybe a few days ban at most and they're back? I may have been harsh during my time, but I would often get players messaging me and thanking me for making them realize they'd screwed up. A warning or ridiculously short ajail doesn't tell someone they screwed up, it doesn't teach them anything. What does it teach them? To nod politely and make the right sounds.

Are there problems with the amount of forum reports? yes. Are there solutions? yes. After reading everyone's comments here admins are the sole people in the spotlight to spark a change, and while changes can definitely be made from a staff point of view, no one has yet to question the players of the community themselves and what they can do to make reports go smoother. An example of that would be recording rule breaks, I answer reports all the time where the reporting player has no footage, then I'm left with a he said she said type deal, which I have to delve deep into logs most of the time to understand what happened, this drags out the admin sit as it takes time to find and read through an insane amount of logs and is why its much easier for an admin to get to the bottom of a report if they can see what exactly happened right off the bat and is why one of the first questions an admin will ask you is if you have footage. 

What baffles me more than anything often times, are that players will get mad at you for not handling a report after they told you what happened, as if their word is solid evidence of what happened, and expect us to punish people based on their word alone. Now imagine if that were the case and how crazy that would be for admins to rely on someone's word without any hard evidence, it would be extremely bad. 

A lot of us do our very best to get the reports cleared among other tasks that we have but with the many thousands of reports that we get a month and the lack of staff that we have, we're only human, we need more staff to help with this issue so if you would like to see a change I recommend applying to the staff team and becoming a part of the solution, and if you report someone as a player then I hiiighly suggest recording what happened.

Also handling forum reports from the back first is a good idea, its something I typically try to do when I have the time.

I forgot to mention that if an admin takes your report and tells you to forum report, they should be telling you to tag them in the report so that they can take it and handle it there, there are just times where we have little choice but to ask this of people.

Edited by Viscaria
  • Upvote 5
  • Wuhtah locked this topic