Player Reports Section

K3V

Want to gauge what the general player base thinks about the player reports section; any suggestions as a community for the staff team on how the excessively long waits can be fixed or some form of solution created.

Just a snapshot of some of the oldest reports that haven't even been looked at almost 2-3 months old.

21ba0ebc5b09e23a22561cb71d5cdee6.png

As a general rule of thumb, I think for a player to report someone with the way the wait times for any resolution to come from it are, it has to of effected them in a fairly serious way. Its much easier to just allow whatever rule break took place and not waste your time cause that person could potentially continue to rule break for 2-3 months without any form of punishment.

From what I've read so far the suggestions are as follows

• Have a mandatory 1-3 forum reports being handled by each admin monthly. (Handle oldest reports first.)
  • Harsher punishments for repeat offenders; mainly for repeat offenders but harsher across the board.
  • Onus also being put on us as community members; try and use shadowplay, return to a "no snowflake approach" where petty stuff is overlooked but actual genuine rule breaking isnt. (Petty stuff like these OOC beefs over Facebrowser or someone calling you a dick in /b after killing them)
  • Toxicity; general toxicity towards one another but also towards staff members. We're all humans at the end of the day.
  • Enable support staff to support admins with reports; perhaps allow them to bring up logs or handle minor reports?
  • Split the report section; add a section for where you have a clear cut video of the rulebreaking as opposed to logs needing to be checked.
Edited by K3V
  • Upvote 1

Yeah. It's a really heavy issue man.

2 minutes ago, Sam2 said:

Give every single admin (regardless of assignment) a 1 report a month quota. Enforce it.

Have them handle oldest first. Not pick and choose.

This would clear out 80% of them.

I have reports from 28 August that are still unsolved. Meanwhile, half of PD got reported 2 days ago and it was instantly answered by 1 LFM and 1 IFM admin.

Unacceptable if you ask me.

ONE MONTH of waiting and SOME reports get answered instantly? What is going on with the server?

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 4

Any reports longer than a week need to be elevated and dealt with immediately. Management should provide a chain of command on who people need to send a message via PM when a report has not been handled at the one week mark. There shouldn't be any reports that last longer than a week. I understand reports > amount of staff but I know there's more than enough to keep up with weekly deadline reports. Anything longer than that, I don't accept an excuse for. I get it no one wants to deal with reports all the time, but that doesn't make them go away. Admin work should require dealing with reports.

Edited by Chill

Don't hesitate with the firm consequences for rule breaking or passive aggressive back and forth. Permanent bans should be strictly permanent, with anything less being explicitly and unquestionably explained as temporary. Specifically, if the admin says "permanent", it should not be possible to appeal unless it can be proven that a rulebreak did not occur.

We get these numerous reports because problem players that block wipe with the justification of those ten people being "wRoNg pLaCe wrONg tImE bRO" get a permanent ban of three minutes after getting punished for it eighteen times. We'd have to deal with significantly less reports if the problem players were actually handled instead of allowed to repeat their offenses over and over again.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

An issue that was even there when I was a staff member.

I feel a "oldest report" rule needs to be implemented. Admins for too long have been able to pick and choose their reports. Although their are some rules that prevent this (i.e. cannot take own factions report etc) however, if Staff Management enforced an oldest report rule we probably wouldnt have this issue.

We cannot allow pick and choosing anymore in my opinion. Something needs to change. I also agree with the above, we need to be harsher and stricter with punishments. It's getting ridiculous. If I remember correctly you don't get a permanent ban till your third time getting caught asset transferring? 

Edited by Connor
  • Upvote 2

To be honest, from a roleplay standpoint, it really isn't worth picking up a report if it's more than two weeks (give or take, of course) old. By that point, the consequences of the alleged rule break have already played out, for better or worse. You can issue punishments, sure, but most players don't really care about punishments being dished out unless the offense was particularly grave. What players do want is the errant scene to be voided, but you can't void a scene if all the involved parties' narratives have progressed a month and a half since the event.

I'm also confounded by the triage process. I can't seem to find a rhyme or reason why some cases get picked up instantly and others take months or don't get picked up at all. I would think that either more handling admins are needed (i.e. need to be recruited) or the process for picking up cases needs to be streamlined so that significant, time-sensitive cases don't get left at the bottom of the drawer. 

With that said, I know that thoughtfully answering and resolving reports is a monumental and thankless task, so I would never want to come across as unappreciative towards the individual handling administrators, I simply think they could use more hands to lighten their load.

• Applaud 2

It's not just the report section. It's also staff reports, RPQM's, and even second opinions on RPQMs for which you supposedly get a response within 48 hours or so.

People can just do whatever for a whole few months, breaking rules here and there. Because when they get forum reported it'll probably take a month for an admin to issue a punishment.

There's currently an individual who has eight active forum reports against just one of his characters with reasons including deathmatch.

• Upvote 1

Honestly it feels like too many admins have the "I don't want to deal with the headache of this" or "I don't want to deal with the implications of this report." Now I will say, half of it has to deal with the community itself as, if an admin makes certain judgement calls against members of a faction (I.E a well liked illegal faction or PD/SD), it will be instantly met with intense scrutiny by everyone of the associated factions which is a demotivating point for admins who are volunteers. However in that same breath, don't volunteer for something you don't want to deal with. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic