[Discussion] What can improve RP interactions between players and general RP standards?

Mistery14

19 hours ago, Barbary said:

snip

Hello. White collar jobs are almost non-existent because it is a niche market. Aurum can always use more chemical engineers but I get you.

I run an ISP (the only one in the state) and it is rather difficult to find people who'd stay and enjoy that RP. They get paid well but they usually leave after a day or a week at most which is fine, I can't force people to stay you know?

The city does have a few white collar jobs and if you're interested in blue collar? Especially with engineer degrees suited towards industrial stuff? SAPA is always there, @NexusExoduswould probably love a chemical engineer or more that can help with oil and whatnot.

But in the end, it is a niche market. People want the action than the boring office RP or whatnot which is fine again. Not shitting on them, it is what it is.

• Upvote 1
On 7/7/2022 at 2:38 AM, Tiresias said:

@K0range4 @goonbagAPPEAL @smo have eloquently and fully explained everything wrong with the server from their point of view as illegal roleplayers. As someone intimately familiar with legal / governement / cop roleplay, the exact same disaster of inept administration has also plagued legal roleplay in general.

There will always be players whose roleplay is subpar due to either lack of skill or psychiatric issues (people obsessed with erp and ooc power brokering are in the latter category), but they are a minority. Management has simply not helped in compensating for this in any capacity.

The problem at the root of all this is that there actually isn't any management, the entire server knows that. "Management" must have a defined program, an activity that involves the rest of the server, have a recognizable structure, approach. There is nothing like that on GTAW.

The server instead put together weird discord groups of influential faction leaders or friends, and gave them names such as "LFM", "PM", "RPQM" (all three are essentially running legal rp on the server). They then arm them with basically unlimited authority and very little accountability to players. 

This mess is then dressed up with processes involving filing huge applications to lease a golf cart or a tiny office. And this huge bureaucracy is overseeing a niche of legal roleplay that is so small, you need a microscope to see it sitting between law enforcement rp and illegal rp.

What ends up happening is the systematic destruction of good "civilian" role play, and its replacement with formulaic, incomprehensible wrecks of factions and nightclubs.

The few administration-backed initiatives such as the LS City Government, Aurum, or the Senate tragically fail in the same manner. The people behind these projects stubbornly insist on roleplaying among themselves in GTAO heists meeting room interiors instead of going out of their way to, say, recruit noobs who would actually roleplay what their factions are supposed to be about.

Factions like the city government should rightfully be noob magnets and provide a change of scenery from the leisure-dominated legal roleplay, but nothing ever happens and the server's legal authorities would rather pontificate about U.S Supreme Court rulings instead.

Meanwhile, players who are actually interested in such roleplay are mercilessly exterminated.

People who wanted to set up a ragtag, low end ambulance company focusing on interacting with gang rpers were made to wait for months on end only to be forced to help PHMC set up their own internal ambulance service instead.

Some guy who wanted to roleplay a building inspector had his thread locked without any explanation at all, because he threatened SFM or something.

@Pascal@L I C E, and I assume many others were essentially harassed by RPQM over nothing, most likely because he hurt someone's ego. Meanwhile, a cursory visit in any nightclub or trucking depot would provide with years of bad roleplay to help improve.

I myself was banned for roleplaying a gate guard and telling LFM to leave me alone.

In fact, this thread so far has been useless. Why is 1 random property management admin alone in answering the questions raised throughout the thread?

@Shanks is treating this thread exactly like he treats his inbox, we've been through this before. GTAW management refuses to wake up.

In PD we were made to wait around 3 weeks to get approval to change a medical logo from one version to another. Not sure what really needed approval, or what needed 3 weeks of deliberation. This stuff is constant and tiring. The random levels of red tape everywhere are killing the server.

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

Trying to create fun and entertaining events for a faction shouldn't require the need to get permissions from lfm and continuity, if it doesn't hurt anyone, who cares. The red tape is incredibly enjoyable guys!!

Could you give an example of this? I know event requests are through PM and we pretty much accept every single one. Do you mean like... trees falling and whatnot?

11 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

Could you give an example of this? I know event requests are through PM and we pretty much accept every single one. Do you mean like... trees falling and whatnot?

Hosting an event at the skatepark in Vespucci Beach got me permanently banned. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

🙂 I'm sure there's more to this story than you're leading on. 

Not at all. You would be surprised with all the evidence that was sent and ignored because it was 'too long. 'Please also refer to the comment he made that admins hid.

Not to mention 30 players agreeing with him because they either witnessed it, or have the same experience. 

Edited by Muerta
  • Upvote 4