12) Crime-free areas, Port Terminal and Loading docks.

Is robbing truckers still really a thing though considering they don't have to carry cash around anymore? I thought Nervous fixed that in the script so payments and buying crates would all come from the bank instead? Don't carry a gun or your phone. RP a truck CB radio if anything if you need to communicate. Easy. Nothing to rob.

Edited by 99

Everyone, everywhere else on the mad has been covered by the decision that we are not a bus populated city anymore and if there are no player witnesses. There are no witnesses. No specific are should be given special treatment in this regard. At the very most I would say maybe admins should outdoor map in some securty cameras around the place and have it covered by CCTV. But it I can get kidnapped and robed robbed at 10 am, by a bright purple baller LWB in the middle of the boulevard on Vespucci beach, you can too. 

🙂

12 hours ago, joshua said:

nah, not supporting. by this logic half of the city should be crime free zones because they’d also have a high amount of people there. e.g vespucci beach (venice beach - if we’re looking at irl equivalents) or the main street of vinewood (hollywood)

locking off the entire docks is locking off a huge amount of potential for crime. if there’s bad eggs you just need to report them just like how everyone else has to in these “busy” areas

I see where OP is coming from but i fully agree with this reply. No.

Nah, SAPA has a internal security division already. This is a problem that can be solved icly via the senate easily. It sucks people get robbed all the time down at the port but you should plan for that, carry a gun or carry no cash on you. Use what tools are available to you

Robberies in the port could be prohibited, but it shouldn't be a full crime-free zone, because that literally means that no crimes can occur whatsoever. You could argue that two port employees having a fight would be a violation of this rule & I'm almost certainly sure that it does happen every now and then. Not to mention the possibility of white collar crimes taking place there. I'd say this should rather fall under the robbery rules than crime free zones.

I understand what people are saying with regards to robbing in the terminal. It would indeed be crawling with people and you would not be able to enter without a permit.

But making it a crime free zone would give our safety department even less to do. Since the schools opened the port saw significantly less traffic. Often our officers just drive in a empty port waiting for stuff to happen. So this would just kill the group.

We are trying to combat this issue, but our group is limited in what we can do. We can do alot, but we are not LEO which would make things a little easier.

I'd say we should try and fix things IC. And if people see any suspicious stuff on the port or get followed call SA GOV and ask for BOS or call it in on the port frequency 1290. That way we can log it and get a better picture when and where it happens the most.

Didn’t the admins already declared months ago that the city isn’t going to be populated by NPCs anymore? As in, if there’s no player there, there’s no one there? If so, then the argument of the port supposedly being populated by workers and security, that shouldn’t be a valid argument right? If there’s no one there, then there’s no one there. 

Anyways, not supporting this at all. Truckers don’t even get robbed anymore ever since the job was updated to become pure bank money driven. Everything trucking, from buying crates to selling them are now all with bank money. Truckers have no need to carry cash anymore. So truckers being robbed is not a reason for this crime free zone.

If the crime is an issue, we should be solving it via IC methods. Like maybe increasing security at the port, more cameras, regular patrols, etc. Solving it using an OOC way, by straight up banning all crime at the port by turning it into a crime free zone is just the lazy and cheap solution. 

Edited by ScarletRose
  • Engelbert changed the title to 12) Crime-free areas, Port Terminal and Loading docks.