12) Crime-free areas, Port Terminal and Loading docks.

Chainrobbing should be reported. I really disapprove of robberies down at the port but adding this to the list would set a bad precedent. I think this should be something lobbied for IC - more police patrols, or even trucking companies engaging security companies to complete regular patrols of their delivery locations.

6 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Robbing a truck driver because they know, he has cash from his job is not IC. It's a scripted job which means it should be protected somehow, just like 24/7 or tattoo parlors fall under heist rules.

Forum Reports exist for this very reason - If you think someone is metagaming, you report it. It's pretty plain and simple to see. Personally, I don't  see the point in OOC gatekeeping and "oh, you can't do this, that or y". Just think of IC solutions on how to curb this.

Edited by sage
Just now, sage said:

Forum Reports exist for this very reason alone - If you think someone is metagaming, you report it. It's pretty plain and simple to see. Personally, I don't think see the point in OOC gatekeeping and "oh, you can't do this, that or y". Just think of IC solutions on how to curb this.

Again, what people are proposing, is treating the sympthoms, instead of removing the root of the problem itself, which is poorly roleplayed robberies for a cash grab from trucker job.

So I'm yes and no on this. That port is not designed that realistically and is open. Real life major ports are not. The Port Authority's job is not security. The Port Authority's job is actually to control navigation into the port from the sea side. Think of them as air traffic controllers, but for floating sky scrapers. The PA is going to be the people who are sending out pilots that take over the ships and navigate them into the port.

If you want to talk security, major port security is run by Department of Homeland Security. More specifically the US Coast Guard and Customs and Border Patrol. Now, why people are trying to commit armed robberies in the middle of a zone that would realistically be crawling with what breaks down to federal level security makes no sense to me, and those people should be dealt with accordingly over realism portrayal. By and large, ports are not owned by the city. It's a federal trade zone and handled as such. So for the most part you're not getting local cops on you for that. You're getting DHS and depending on the crime even FBI on you. But that's not to say that crime doesn't happen down there. It obviously does, moreso in the veins of trafficking items. They have to come in somewhere.

So I think the actual play is to limit petty crimes down at the port. And it would be up to the staff team to figure out what exactly they want limited if anything even at all.

• Engelbert changed the title to 12) Crime-free areas, Port Terminal and Loading docks.