What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

22 hours ago, R3PZY_TTV said:

The standard gang member roleplay where the character's father either died, left, or was never heard of and that was their reason for gang banging.

I mean, this is an overwhelming reason as to why youth in today's societies (especially young males) end up turning towards gangs. So I think it's appropriately overplayed, and not a bad thing.

• Upvote 3
43 minutes ago, u10sil said:

I mean, this is an overwhelming reason as to why youth in today's societies (especially young males) end up turning towards gangs. So I think it's appropriately overplayed, and not a bad thing.

Can confirm. All gang member inductions I know about oocly in my area have been as a result of either running away from home, divorced parents, dead parent(s), not being good at school, etc. Not having a parental figure is a big thing. I do agree that sometimes it is indeed badly portrayed, "my dad died so im a gangster" ( From what I can gather based on the replies on this topic ). I'd like to see something more along the lines of "My dad wasn't there for me, because he passed away when I was pretty young. That's when my life started derailing and I started doing X without any known repercussions because no one was there to tell me it was wrong."

• Upvote 2
On 5/12/2021 at 7:13 PM, R3PZY_TTV said:

The standard gang member roleplay where the character's father either died, left, or was never heard of and that was their reason for gang banging.

The character who somehow never went outside and as soon as they go outside and start hanging out they become a product of their environment and starts gang banging.

Younger kids in gang ran neighborhoods often look up to the gang members as influence because they don't have a father figure in their life. 

• Upvote 1
On 5/13/2021 at 5:31 PM, Lazarat said:

What I find overplayed is all those people RPing 18-23 years old girls and still decide to shoot up mob members for trying to tax them? 

No fear, I have a gun and I'll shoot at it for you talking dangerous to me over or over five thousand dollars characters.

overly-territorial, overly-antagonistic east euro/balkan/mid-eastern crime rings and factions

a couple is no big deal, but it seems a new group pops up every week or two now, and most of them are exactly the same as the others. people need to start joining factions instead of creating their own, imo. everyone wants to be a leader but we need followers for what's already established.

• Applaud 1
3 hours ago, ChromaticDeath said:

people need to start joining factions instead of creating their own

FACTS CHROMA FACTS 

It's to the point where gangs are literally right next to another banging a completely different mindset that just leads to clutter. Gangs sharing turf because of how small the gritty parts of the map are is just annoying. 5 different gangs on a single block 

Honestly, just car enthusiasts.

No offense, but just because your character is a car enthusiast, doesn't mean he/she have to drive an elegy retro or a kawaii or any other iconic street racing car. And just because your character likes cars, it doesn't mean they have to work at a mechanic shop. You can like cars, and still drive regular stuff. In real life, there are PLENTY of car enthusiasts who live regular lives and drive regular cars like an average citizen.

Again, no offense to anyone part of the car community here. I'm sure you are all good people. But there is quite a majority of people on the server who literally only call themselves a car guy so they live out their fast and furious fantasies on the server, own fast cars and work at a mechanic garage. Not that there's anything really wrong with that, but I've met very very few people who are just casual car enthusiasts. 

Moral of the story: You can be a car enthusiast, without playing a character ripped right out of fast and furious, driving iconic street racing cars, handbraking around every corner, and working at a mechanic shop..

Edited by ScarletRose
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
7 minutes ago, Dustyboi said:

FACTS

too many chiefs, not enough indians

22 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Gangbangers who gun fight like Navy SEALs.

wym my char be 16 y/o grew up in tha sKreetz repin sets erry day onna blocc and poppin opps since they wyz fKive they can definitly make a pistol head shot at 50 yds .05 MOA mving target completely realistc ur just mad ur bad at the game && got killed???

1 hour ago, ScarletRose said:

Honestly, just car enthusiasts.

No offense, but just because your character is a car enthusiast, doesn't mean he/she have to drive an elegy retro or a kawaii or any other iconic street racing car. And just because your character likes cars, it doesn't mean they have to work at a mechanic shop. You can like cars, and still drive regular stuff. In real life, there are PLENTY of car enthusiasts who live regular lives and drive regular cars like an average citizen.

Again, no offense to anyone part of the car community here. I'm sure you are all good people. But there is quite a majority of people on the server who literally only call themselves a car guy so they live out their fast and furious fantasies on the server, own fast cars and work at a mechanic garage. Not that there's anything really wrong with that, but I've met very very few people who are just casual car enthusiasts. 

Moral of the story: You can be a car enthusiast, without playing a character ripped right out of fast and furious, driving iconic street racing cars, handbraking around every corner, and working at a mechanic shop..

I like this.

• Wuhtah locked this topic