What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

Thought I'd pull a switcharoo based on this thread and see what RP you goobers thought was overrated and/or oversaturated in an attempt to see what the playerbase enjoys and doesn't.

I'll start with mine: I love a decent MC and the bigger players in the game are killing it right now but it feels we've got a new 1%er MC every other day in the unofficial group section when I feel players would be better either joining bigger more established clubs or working with the current headliners to open chapters in different areas of San Andreas apposed to 50 tiny MC's with no substance.

If you all start arguing about lesbians and hunters being robbed for their pelts I'm handing out roundhouses, keep it COOL

3 minutes ago, Shiro said:

italian discount clothes wearing dudes sitting in front of shops or on street corners making it painfully obvious that there's some illegal mob shit going on there.

and this

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I personally shy away from MCs and LCN as concepts. No disrespect to people who put tons of work on them, I'm not gonna lie, I'm just kinda prejudiced against them through seeing poor executions over the years.

I know this is 100% my bad so I'm not vocally opposing them or anything.

Bad boy gang banger, who keeps it real for his community, is a certifiable ladies men, has been to prison for murdering people...and yet still has a heart of gold. 

And a record label behind him (optional). 

When this is RPd well, it's great and I find my character having some really engaging conversations with charismatic guys, but it's such a cookie cutter thing that, if it's not RPd well, it's really noticeable.

Edited by Greyfeather
  • Upvote 2

Can I say it? The typical tough woman that wears a lot.of black/emo clothes with the hourglass body. She's also a lesbian... She obviously rides a sports bike too, pf license and ccw. She gives 0 shit and is strong enough to fight men with no issue because she supposedly trains and workout everyday yet, she's always in clubs...

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 3
  • Wuhtah locked this topic