What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

1 hour ago, Kasper McQueen said:

So after 25 pages, we've concluded that EVERYTHING is pretty much overplayed by unoriginal people from an unoriginal world to RP an overplayed game. 😛

It's almost as if overzealous regulation prevents us from roleplaying anything interesting. 🤡

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Kasper McQueen said:

And if you do get by those overzealous regulations I'm sure someone on this forum is WAITING to exhale about how your char SUCKS.

I don't know who you play but they're an overplayed trope and they suck and you should rethink your life.

/s

1 hour ago, Yoshijira said:

Bro in what faction is either:

A. Those characters in?

B. The RP of those characters being made widely known enough and the respective faction taking zero issue with this?

Because I can next to guarantee that there are practically zero characters like such to my knowledge, and any others that have existed at a point have been clowned.

Any one case of these is too many to the point it’s overplayed.

On 6/8/2021 at 1:23 PM, PeopleKind said:

The amount of  "Car enthusiast" RPers that only have expensive ass cars or riced out cars. I know a LOT of car enthusiasts IRL and am one myself, and most of us have a car worth nothing more than a couple thousand bucks lol. Me for example, I haven't spent over a grand on any of my vehicles. 

We need more realistic RP around the car community. Go to any average club meet IRL and you'll very rarely see over the top expensive cars or overly riced out cars unless the club specifically is for those types of vehicles. 90% of the lot will be average joe vehicles or vehicles with more looks than power. 

Yep this is 100% legit. The car """enthusiast""" RP on this server is most definitely done by people who either don't even have a license or car or both. You can tell by the way people drive (don't know basic yielding rules) and don't understand why you stop from them when they are coming on your right. A general poor understanding of cars that is limited to what they learned from NFS or 2f2f. Japanese car fast non Japanese car slow hurr durr. Fucking cringe. I drive a 320hp station wagon irl that's 14 years old and most people ACTUAL enthusiasts love shit like that.

Things like body kits, spoilers and neon lights haven't been a thing in car enthusiasm since like 2007. Pull up to a car meet like that and you'll be a laughing stock. Your pink neon lowered elegy screams "I'm 16yo and have no knowledge about cars"

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
54 minutes ago, Sumnik said:

Yep this is 100% legit. The car """enthusiast""" RP on this server is most definitely done by people who either don't even have a license or car or both. You can tell by the way people drive (don't know basic yielding rules) and don't understand why you stop from them when they are coming on your right. A general poor understanding of cars that is limited to what they learned from NFS or 2f2f. Japanese car fast non Japanese car slow hurr durr. Fucking cringe. I drive a 320hp station wagon irl that's 14 years old and most people ACTUAL enthusiasts love shit like that.

Things like body kits, spoilers and neon lights haven't been a thing in car enthusiasm since like 2007. Pull up to a car meet like that and you'll be a laughing stock. Your pink neon lowered elegy screams "I'm 16yo and have no knowledge about cars"

This. Car meets generally prefer clean, or tastefully modded cars. Not something off r/shitty_car_mods. Hell, you don't need turbochargers the size of your head, slammed ride height, and non-functional wings on every car. Honestly, I'd rather see a car enthusiast drive a riced out Panto, than one more Elegy. The Panto atleast would be unique.

This is something I've recently experienced as I'm relatively new to the server. I spend time rping and fishing at the Sandy Shores spot and have gotten into some cool talks and role play situations with SD and have rather enjoyed the experiences I've had. It's nice to find a spot where you can do your own little side job and chat it up with other players without people super edgy and unrealistically hostile towards you. I know it's not for everyone but that's my two cents.

2 hours ago, Sumnik said:

If anything, I'd question if y'all have been to ACTUAL car meets in any city bigger than 50k population in the US. You'll predominantly find either muscle cars that have 25k+ put into them (ie. TX2k, etc.), rarer imports, etc. ESPECIALLY in locations like California. Many Cars and Coffee meets in bigger cities will have TONS of expensive cars. It's a huge thing down here.

As for the driving, no comment.

• Wuhtah locked this topic