What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

8 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

The amount of  "Car enthusiast" RPers that only have expensive ass cars or riced out cars. I know a LOT of car enthusiasts IRL and am one myself, and most of us have a car worth nothing more than a couple thousand bucks lol. Me for example, I haven't spent over a grand on any of my vehicles. 

When are you and @JustAnM43 getting married?

On 6/5/2021 at 9:14 AM, Sumnik said:

Soulless hood gangsta with the hood seeping OOC. Always 16 - 20ish years old. The ultimate gangster, is a shotcaller, heartless killer but also a poor suffering minority. Will do any terrible crime in an instant, without any feelings beyond "aye bruh this shyt is fucked homie". The creme de la creme is the cringe when their shitty grammar and gangster-speak seeps into the forums and OOC. They start speaking like African-Americans from the hood on the forums, OOC etc. It's so fucking cringy.

At least you can identify them by their profile pictures most of the time. 😂

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, serah said:

people who complain there are too many lesbians, but simultaneously write 2d boring generic mob man/banger barrio characters that no sane person would write a ship with

Why are we making characters to be shipped with other characters?

Also PTSD schizophrenic *you are alone* talk to themselves 24/7 imaginary dead homies gangbangers are the worst

6 minutes ago, EffPee said:

Why are we making characters to be shipped with other characters?

most people write characters to interact with others. some of that interaction involves characters becoming romantically involved. god knows there's enough bars, restaurants, etc in the city to facilitate and even encourage such things with events like 'singles night' ive seen pop up lol

3 hours ago, EffPee said:

Also PTSD schizophrenic *you are alone* talk to themselves 24/7 imaginary dead homies gangbangers are the worst

Bro in what faction is either:

A. Those characters in?

B. The RP of those characters being made widely known enough and the respective faction taking zero issue with this?

Because I can next to guarantee that there are practically zero characters like such to my knowledge, and any others that have existed at a point have been clowned.

On 6/5/2021 at 6:44 PM, Sumnik said:

Racer RP. Generic 20s something (usually) white female/male with a generic sports car. No proper character development. Nothing. Just "racing" and "car RP". This is incredibly boring and overplayed. Add to the fact that 90% of these people all look, dress the same and all work as mechanics is just boring as fuuuck. I'm a car enthusiast irl, I love my car and cars in general. It's just unrealistic.

Eastern European chad thundercock mega-alpha male. Always dressed as if he just came out of the 90s. Will fight you over anything. Crime is all he knows about, character development is a completely absent. Came to the US yesterday, joins a mafia the day after. Day three he's already selling drugs and weaponry. It's cringe as fuck. I'm a Slav irl and most of our people move out to work and be good citizens with some black work on the side.

Lesbian females. We get it, you're a dude irl and you've never touched a woman in your life.

Soulless hood gangsta with the hood seeping OOC. Always 16 - 20ish years old. The ultimate gangster, is a shotcaller, heartless killer but also a poor suffering minority. Will do any terrible crime in an instant, without any feelings beyond "aye bruh this shyt is fucked homie". The creme de la creme is the cringe when their shitty grammar and gangster-speak seeps into the forums and OOC. They start speaking like African-Americans from the hood on the forums, OOC etc. It's so fucking cringy.

Robocop. No background, no goals, no development, no feelings, no nothing. Just patrol, arrest, shoot and stare into the unknown.

Hillbilly/White Trash in the county. We get it, your only knowledge of the American countryside is movies, series and stereotypes. You cannot roleplay a normal fucking person who lives on the countryside if a gun was held to your head.

Hi um..... Marry me please?

• Wuhtah locked this topic