How do you RP the economy?

Busch

At the risk of being a little silly, but I feel like someone should ask this; and maybe that someone already asked it. But.

If "1$ equals to 10 GTA$", then...Why not bring the price of everything down to match that 1$ instead of keeping this difference? I always assumed that this is because some prices for some thing are beyond Nervous control, maybe somehow hardcoded(?), but I don't know. I just don't really understand the logic behind that difference and increase in numbers, when they are supposed to be anchored and reflecting an IRL counterpart.

Wouldn't it be easier to just bring every single value in the server down to a 1:1 ratio instead of comparing it with a 1:10? 

Edited by Red Reika
Typos
23 minutes ago, Red Reika said:

At the risk of being a little silly, but I feel like someone should ask this; and maybe that someone already asked it. But.

If "1$ equals to 10 GTA$", then...Why not bring the price of everything down to match that 1$ instead of keeping this difference? I always assumed that this is because some prices for some thing are beyond Nervous control, maybe somehow hardcoded(?), but I don't know. I just don't really understand the logic behind that difference and increase in numbers, when they are supposed to be anchored and reflecting an IRL counterpart.

Wouldn't it be easier to just bring every single value in the server down to a 1:1 ratio instead of comparing it with a 1:10? 

It was done on purpose so things like houses and cars wouldn't take a lifetime to achieve and turn this game into a second job. Imagine if you earned $15 an hour, but cars and houses still cost the way they do now. You could just reduce the prices of cars and houses but then you'd have people complaining that isn't realistic either. You can't please everyone. As I understand it, the inflated paychecks and such were raised on purpose and car/house prices kept realistic for the reason I stated above. This way you could afford a car or buy a house in a reasonable amount of time, especially considering this is a game after all.

• Upvote 1
On 5/8/2021 at 5:18 AM, Busch said:

So... How do you RP it?

I ignore it.  The economy is so unbalanced that it doesn't make any sense no matter how I try to rationalize it, so I completely ignore it and go by character concept.

• 2 months later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic