drug dealing

Pettie

1 minute ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I'd argue a character looking homeless might be MORE of a reason for a dealer to confront them, far from unrealistic. 

100%, most homeless people suffer from substance abuse, which is why they remain entrapped in that cycle of being homeless.

I don't know man, it may be where I'm from but no one's ever drove up to me offering me drugs in broad daylight opposite of a plaza. Perhaps it's just my ignorance on US vs EU stuff.

Even as a homeless, I'm very well aware of substance abuse going on, but that still felt like poor roleplay to me.

OTOH someone gave my homeless character a gram of weed for free, that felt more appropriate.

5 minutes ago, Glitch said:

I don't know man, it may be where I'm from but no one's ever drove up to me offering me drugs in broad daylight opposite of a plaza. Perhaps it's just my ignorance on US vs EU stuff.

Even as a homeless, I'm very well aware of substance abuse going on, but that still felt like poor roleplay to me.

OTOH someone gave my homeless character a gram of weed for free, that felt more appropriate.

Sharing is caring 🙂 On topic though, it largely depends on portrayal and character concept and their surroundings. In Vinewood for example, you can find dealers too yeah, but these are hidden, they don't even show up most of times, you wanna buy from them? You need someone who has contacts as your friend. These people organize everything through internet. Projects however, you could still find corner dealers, although at this age, every has a smart phone and Wassup right? Also huge game changer, build a clientele, robbing or scamming people will only get you money in short run.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Glitch said:

I've never seen a person hand a homeless person a gram of marijuana, in real life. Maybe some spare change or some food, but not a gram of marijuana.

I've been homeless, before, and I've only been smoked out by close friends... never had a whole gram handed to me.

The most compassionate Rasta in the hood smoked me out, but never handed me a whole gram.

Maybe it happens in 2021 because marijuana's legal, over here... but, I've never seen it.

Edited by DLimit
4 hours ago, Pettie said:

Hey there! It's Pettie with a stinky rant! So, today I wish to discuss drug dealing in broad daylight and the 0 RP it brings.

This has happened to me mutiple times, both with legal and illegal characters of mine. Let's go with a scenario of drug dealing nowadays on this server, for example:

James Jonsson is sitting with his two friends outside the K-Mart smoking some delicious cigarettes.

Barry Drugdealerman approaches the trio in broad daylight outside the K-Mart with a cop car in the distance and a cashier, with a customer inside the LTD.

Barry [low]: Hey, cuh... Wanna by some indica, bro...?

The trio looks at each other, and denies the offer.

Barry: Aight bitch! Fuck you then, bitch!

Barry then takes off, sprinting to either his BMX, Dirtbike or on foot to the next victim, across roads and over grass.

See the issue? Barry here did not even try to sell to the trio, and he did it in broad daylight, outside a crowded K-Mart. Not in Rancho or Davis during the night, or with a group of his friends, to perhaps intimidate the trio further into buying. He just flipped them off and ran like a chicken towards the next person.

Worst case scenario however, is that if James was alone during that encounter, Barry might have pulled a blade or a gun! This has also happened to friends of mine. Where the drug dealer will pull a gun or knife (SNEAKILY) in broad daylight, outside a crowded building just to make a quick GTA:W buck.

Drug RP is VERY needed here, honestly.

I'll add this too!

While you can learn from mistakes like this, the current drug system we have is NOT helping in the slightest, no sir. I'll add this issue to RPQ, thanks for reminding me!

But yeah, drug RP overall needs a spicy revamp in my opinion.

Thanks for my TED talk, fellas. God bless you all.

And then Management veto's a bill in IC congress to legalize weed.. based  on "It will ruin drug market".. my question WHAT drug market if that's how dealers do their business.

3 minutes ago, hillievonb said:

I have been offered drugs in broad daylight, in the middle of crowded streets, in nice areas, in Europe and in the US.

Same, I had in Spain while walking been approached by folk offering me "Coffee Shop" aka weed. The issue is HOW you offer it and where .. Plus quite a few dealers chose to rob/scam clients instead of actually building a long-term business with the client.

1 minute ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Same, I had in Spain while walking been approached by folk offering me "Coffee Shop" aka weed. The issue is HOW you offer it and where .. Plus quite a few dealers chose to rob/scam clients instead of actually building a long-term business with the client.

To be fair, for half of those people offering me drugs on the street, I really wouldn't trust the quality of what they were offering to sell me. Especially in tourist areas. Closer to home, maybe, but I'd rather go with acquaintances of friends every time.

Just now, hillievonb said:

To be fair, for half of those people offering me drugs on the street, I really wouldn't trust the quality of what they were offering to sell me. Especially in tourist areas. Closer to home, maybe, but I'd rather go with acquaintances of friends every time.

Yup. Same.

• Wuhtah locked this topic