drug dealing

Pettie

Hey there! It's Pettie with a stinky rant! So, today I wish to discuss drug dealing in broad daylight and the 0 RP it brings.

This has happened to me mutiple times, both with legal and illegal characters of mine. Let's go with a scenario of drug dealing nowadays on this server, for example:

James Jonsson is sitting with his two friends outside the K-Mart smoking some delicious cigarettes.

Barry Drugdealerman approaches the trio in broad daylight outside the K-Mart with a cop car in the distance and a cashier, with a customer inside the LTD.

Barry [low]: Hey, cuh... Wanna by some indica, bro...?

The trio looks at each other, and denies the offer.

Barry: Aight bitch! Fuck you then, bitch!

Barry then takes off, sprinting to either his BMX, Dirtbike or on foot to the next victim, across roads and over grass.

See the issue? Barry here did not even try to sell to the trio, and he did it in broad daylight, outside a crowded K-Mart. Not in Rancho or Davis during the night, or with a group of his friends, to perhaps intimidate the trio further into buying. He just flipped them off and ran like a chicken towards the next person.

Worst case scenario however, is that if James was alone during that encounter, Barry might have pulled a blade or a gun! This has also happened to friends of mine. Where the drug dealer will pull a gun or knife (SNEAKILY) in broad daylight, outside a crowded building just to make a quick GTA:W buck.

Drug RP is VERY needed here, honestly.

I'll add this too!

While you can learn from mistakes like this, the current drug system we have is NOT helping in the slightest, no sir. I'll add this issue to RPQ, thanks for reminding me!

But yeah, drug RP overall needs a spicy revamp in my opinion.

Thanks for my TED talk, fellas. God bless you all.

Edited by Pettie
  • Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, Yoak said:

Drug dealing in this server brings nothing at all

I disagree with this, but I get where you're coming from. Drug dealing brings a lot of good RP if done CORRECTLY. I've had instances where people in Rancho have invited my characters to hang with his friends, where the drug dealer puts in a good word about my character to his gang etc.

Edited by Pettie

i feel like the thing is that most of people simply cant rp around drugs. i'm yet to see anybody rping around them properly, instead of using east coast slang for drug names and unrealistic prices, packaging. giving off the entire vibe of drug deals is very oversaturated with some weird shit, being overly suspicious or generally being unable to portray a drug deal properly and for the most part its people acting like shit yeah imma sell u five ounces of crack it aint nothing major

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

i feel like the thing is that most of people simply cant rp around drugs

Exactly, man. While the discussion about ACTUAL drug RP is a whole another topic, I do get what you mean, for sure.

4 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

not to even mention all the retards asking you about quality of the drug youre selling lol "ayo homie whats the quality???" /me uses narcocheck "shit ghea its one hunnid percent my nigga wassup.." quality/decay should be an ooc indicator and the narcochecks should be removed but thats a completely different story.

There's one way to test the quality:  Do a bump with your dealer. But people can't even do that right.

Just now, born krazy said:

There's one way to test the quality:  Do a bump with your dealer. But people can't even do that right.

facts & yet most people wouldnt be really able to tell the quality after doing that. the most common technique is observing the color of the powder, rocks or w/e because it indicates whether the drug is pure or not. same with the post-usage comedown effects, they vary depending if u snorted some laced shit or not

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA

Seems nitpicky. There will always be people that aren't able to fully portray what they're attempting to do as they should. Just like the example you've provided us with. Same with people roleplaying around sport cars without their character realistically being able to afford one.

You will always have similar scenarios, it's just up to you what you do with it. If you think it's bad roleplay, I believe you could always settle with a RPQ report and end it at that.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic