drug dealing

Pettie

4 minutes ago, EffPee said:

Perhaps people feel the need to rush drug dealing because they know how little the chance is that they’re actually going to make a sale?

Yeah, that's true. Rushed sales are all fine, of course! The drug market is not the best right now. It's just the whole "buy my product or there will be consequences" that I have an issue with. A person running off across grass and roads like it's a race for cash is just not very fun to witness. But I do agree with this.

6 minutes ago, Kipps said:

"broad daylight" is braindead mallrat phraseology from people who genuinely think that you should wait until 2am irl to log into a videogame and do crimes. 

Ah, my bad, man. I should have rephrashed that. Of course, crime happens during the day. Bad take from my part.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Buy from dealers who take the effort to RP and refuse to buy from those that don't.

Silly attitude. 

Buy drugs if your character wants to, someone poorly roleplaying shouldn’t affect that. It’s time people stop policing the roleplay they face with people outside of their circle.

Refusing to buy from what YOU think is a poor roleplayer can in turn ruin the drug market, as it already has. People were tired of finding the wrong dealers & getting scammed or being met with less effort, so now they don’t buy from anyone at all.

4 minutes ago, EffPee said:

Silly attitude. 

Buy drugs if your character wants to, someone poorly roleplaying shouldn’t affect that. It’s time people stop policing the roleplay they face with people outside of their circle.

Refusing to buy from what YOU think is a poor roleplayer can in turn ruin the drug market, as it already has. People were tired of finding the wrong dealers & getting scammed or being met with less effort, so now they don’t buy from anyone at all.

No thanks.

When someone walks up to me at the bleachers, with a single line 'Wanna buy some weed', I'm not gonna buy from them. They're being super dumb and I'm not gonna do something super sketchy in front of people who may have some very poor view of drug taking and knock on effects to my character just to do something you tell me I should.

If a player is smart, approaches me and makes idle conversation, casually brings the topic into conversation and waits for an opportune moment to inquire and then arrange a sale outside of dozens of CCTV? yep, that's when I may or may not buy, depending on whether my character wants them.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

No thanks.

When someone walks up to me at the bleachers, with a single line 'Wanna buy some weed', I'm not gonna buy from them. They're being super dumb and I'm not gonna do something super sketchy in front of people who may have some very poor view of drug taking and knock on effects to my character just to do something you tell me I should.

If a player is smart, approaches me and makes idle conversation, casually brings the topic into conversation and waits for an opportune moment to inquire and then arrange a sale outside of dozens of CCTV? yep, that's when I may or may not buy, depending on whether my character wants them.

Okay and I’m not saying you HAVE to do anything. If someone is selling to you in an odd location or in a context that could get you in trouble, by all means don’t purchase their drugs.

My point is just that picking and choosing when your character wants to buy drugs purely based off the fact someone else’s roleplay doesn’t match your standards is damaging to the entire community that already has given up on selling drugs at small amounts for this very reason. 

I can’t count how many times I’ve sold to someone who’s just been like “ay, chu got drugs?” purely because I have to take my wins when I very rarely can get them in drug dealing. In fact, given how rarely I can make a sale? I probably could count it. 

Drug dealers shouldn’t have to approach their customers and hope their OOC roleplay ability is good enough to warrant an IC sale, we have to resort to approaching people completely at random because barely anyone roleplays actually taking drugs or buying them at small amounts.

Edited by EffPee
3 hours ago, Pettie said:

I wish to discuss drug dealing in broad daylight

People really shouldn't use this excuse. Learn about timezones instead of saying that it's unrealistic to deal and do shit when it's daytime.

Edited by Rushing
  • Wuhtah locked this topic