Report publicity

BarbieXL

8 minutes ago, YouChef said:

Nah, keeps us connected with staff and there's more transparency. I'd say make admin reports public as well, no point keeping those private really.

Say something needs more investigation, a report about an admin targeting a player. These things need looking into without the admin being aware that they've been reported as they'll start covering their tracks. Best case I could see happening is having the reports be hidden but the outcome (if any action is taken against an admin) could be made public.

• Upvote 3
32 minutes ago, Storm said:

Say something needs more investigation, a report about an admin targeting a player. These things need looking into without the admin being aware that they've been reported as they'll start covering their tracks. Best case I could see happening is having the reports be hidden but the outcome (if any action is taken against an admin) could be made public.

I like this idea.

At first, I was going to agree, but after reading @DasFroggy's reply, I think the current player-report system is fine.

Also, @Storm proves a good point, and having been a "manager" on a SA:MP server formerly, admin investigations are truly best done without the accused party being aware initially.

I just reviewed the "Reporting a Staff Member" post, and it does make sense to me.

Edited by MAK0
5 hours ago, Storm said:

That actually sounds pretty good ngl.

17 hours ago, nateX said:

I'm not having this discussion again, ironic that someone who hasn't done any research or asked any question is talking about lack of fact-checking and decisions being made on assumptions.

If you had transparency in reports we'd know better.

However you deny this to players to protect the identity of people spending their time to denounce other's roleplay.

As for asking questions, since you offer it, I have one:

Where can I look up reports on me to tell the handling admin what BULLSHIT they're up to same as when I get accused ot any other rulebreak, please?

That part is missing, you know.

18 hours ago, nateX said:

They will never be public because that would simply be a breach of people's privacy.

So you talk of reporter's privacy and on the other hand spy on people's rp without to even give them feedback?

Bruh

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, knppel said:

If you had transparency in reports we'd know better.

However you deny this to players to protect the identity of people spending their time to denounce other's roleplay.

As for asking questions, since you offer it, I have one:

Where can I look up reports on me to tell the handling admin what BULLSHIT they're up to same as when I get accused ot any other rulebreak, please?

That part is missing, you know.

So you talk of reporter's privacy and on the other hand spy on people's rp without to even give them feedback?

Bruh

That's one way to twist my words I suppose. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, knppel said:

Bruh

I'm all for keeping reports public except when it comes to RPQM cases or whatever. RPQM isn't for "feedback" it's to get the bad eggs out of the bunch from what I know and the fact people have an issue with that is beyond me, makes me think that people really are against the terms of proper character development and portraying a proper character..

Getting back on topic I'd rather keep reports public for general rulebreaking

I'll say it again, not even going to be considered. The amount of sensitive information some of these contain will lead to nothing but harassment and public shaming which unfortunately already happens enough. It is beyond me why people would ever want staff reports and RPQM cases to be public, its stupid.

• Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic