/vget cooldown for totaling your car negligently (street racing, etc.)

There are suggestions like these that are really good to help quell the sudden urge for a baseless character to suddenly buy a $150,000 car with money they haven't earned IC, just to rip it through Banham Canyon to /b desync when they've literally lost control of their car and spun out down a cliff.

I seriously fail to understand why there are people in this comment thread just commenting 'no' with no explanation as to why besides 'sync bro' when there can be legitimate crashes off of cliffs, into guard rails and whatnot. Whilst driving around Banham Canyon & the outlying areas, it is not uncommon to find a car totalled in a ditch for the driver to just /vpark, run up the hill, /fixveh, /vget and drive off like nothing happened. 

This whole thing would encourage roleplay with the mechanics too. Let's say I total my Sultan RS down the side of a mountain, I am honest with myself getting into said crash and an admin decides to /vtotal, which starts a 48 hour cooldown for when you can next use the Sultan RS. 

Then I can attend a garage, tell them my car was dropped off recently and I can pay to get the car released - which encourages more roleplay with garages and adds that little bit more inclusivity with their roleplay. 

Think about it from a realism standpoint. If I fuck my car into a wall at 50 miles an hour, not only would I be messed up from the crash & seriously injured, but I would also have to deal with getting my car fixed. Not too long ago my character's motorcycle was totalled and written off because it was damaged beyond repair, so I waited three OOC days before using the vehicle again. 

Closing statement: If you wanna rip a car around areas where racing is encouraged? Sure! That's what singleplayer/menyoo/GTA Online is for. But if Kaiya Yamatato wants to rip her car around Banham and then get salty because she wrapped her car around a tree? That's her doing. 

If she crashes, she HAS to deal with the consequences of what'll happen if she does that.

Video related.

Edited by Akali
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Akali said:

There are suggestions like these that are really good to help quell the sudden urge for a baseless character to suddenly buy a $150,000 car with money they haven't earned IC, just to rip it through Banham Canyon to /b desync when they've literally lost control of their car and spun out down a cliff.

I seriously fail to understand why there are people in this comment thread just commenting 'no' with no explanation as to why besides 'sync bro' when there can be legitimate crashes off of cliffs, into guard rails and whatnot. Whilst driving around Banham Canyon & the outlying areas, it is not uncommon to find a car totalled in a ditch for the driver to just /vpark, run up the hill, /fixveh, /vget and drive off like nothing happened.

https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/17-player-reports/

The mallrat discussion aside, one of the easier options as opposed to completely scrapping the vehicle could be through just having some sort of damage condition that is present for every vehicle; with said damage condition decreasing from 100% if a vehicle isn’t serviced after 250 miles or is damaged in some regard to increase the risk of certain car functions failing (braking, engine starting, wheel condition etc).

Tie it in with the mechanic job & tow truck letting people RP mobile mechanics for roadside repairs and I think you would have a far superior solution to individuals not Roleplaying their vehicle being involved in crashes as far as I’m concerned.

• ChromaticDeath changed the title to /vget cooldown for totaling your car negligently (street racing, etc.)
14 hours ago, roymar said:

Your suggestion is subjective only to punish a certain side of the player base, creating a really annoying mechanic to oppose them. It would be realistic, of course, but I believe it is not the level of realism the server aims for. 

You have talked just about street racers, and such, but what about the legal side of the server? What if they get into a crash? They should face the consequences as well and have their vehicle removed off their fleet.

Your suggestion is unfair and I am totally against it. 

Absolutely agree.

What about if I spawn my car and it glitches and falls into void/gets destroyed/water etc?

It will cause more problems for what it'll solve.

Just now, ChromaticDeath said:

I never wanted it to be a fully-automated system, that's just bound for failiure. The server's buggy enough as is, believe me, I'm not ignorant to that!

In that case you should aim at pushing for court and law changes ICly and administer some sort of a punishment via the court system for people often caught with evading charges.

• Applaud 1

I like how in your original post and all the replies, only street racers are mentioned, but what about gangbanger rpers? PD/SD rpers? FD rpers? They get a free "out of jail card"? If this is going to be aimed only at street racers (and I don't mean the ricers and mallrats, we don't claim those as one of us) then it's going to create even more imbalanace between the rest of the server and us. The idea should either apply to everyone, or no one.

Side note: I've seen PD members not rp shit on their crashes during pursuit aswell. Don't try to only put the focus on "racers".

• Wuhtah locked this topic