/vget cooldown for totaling your car negligently (street racing, etc.)

7 minutes ago, Woltrazz said:

Here is my two cents on this subject.

In some way, I do agree with the statement but scrapping the car is a bit harsh in my opinion. If possible "jail" the car for a while so it cannot be used. That way you can RP the car being out for repairs or whatever.

When I do stuff like this I handle the disregard of life rule and when a severe crash happens, I will take a CK or RP heavy injuries for a long time. In the city, I keep normally to the speed limit or just over by about 5 miles an hour. I agree with @hentai!(god that name) that because the city is empty, it is not an excuse to drive like an absolute lunatic. I have been at fault on this in the past, I agree but we all try to better ourselves of course. Normally when I notice people speeding excessively I tend to talk to them and school them.

TLDR:

Forced vscrap bit too harsh imo.

Actually a "jail" or OOC impound isn't a bad idea honestly. I like that one a lot but it'd really come down to who's handling it.

• Upvote 1

Although I do support the point behind the suggestion as there is a clear and blatant issue surrounding unrealistic driving, this would be impossible to implement for a number of reasons.

The biggest problem is that it would be impossible to regulate. There's no way to tell whether someone is indeed driving recklessly or not - they may have a good reason for it, there might have been some out of character issue at hand to cause said crash and so on.

There's no way to gather any evidence. It's highly unlikely that a witness will be there, facing the location where the crash is about to happen, recording and willing to report said person. Even if, they wouldn't have the whole story. Most of the evidence would be circumstantial and most likely all of these situations would turn into a lot of drama and a huge he-said she-said.

It's also unlikely that someone will be able to respond to a report in-game or be able to do anything without a forum report being posted. In this case, the reported party will continue to use that vehicle and after a week, two or even more, if the report is not concluded in their favor, their vehicle would just disappear. It is humanly impossible to handle all of the forum reports in a timely manner, although it is something that's been under constant improvement for quite a long time.

I agree that something should change but I don't think this is the best way to go about it.

The LSPD’s Air division just lost their bird a short while ago and since it has been out of service pending insurance repairs. This is a division with a smaller set of vehicles and therefore it’s easy to roleplay around it. Generally, legal factions have a large pool of vehicles so it’s hard to really know which car is damaged.

However it’s doable. Let’s make it so that both sides have their vehicles ‘jailed’ for maybe even up to a week. Currently, when a legal player gets into an accident, they really don’t lose much. If a cop witnessed it, it’s easier to enact punishment; otherwise, it’s more of a he said-she said along with some evidence we can roleplay out. Sometimes there’s a ticket involved and sometimes you go free. Whereas, a law enforcement officer always has dash cam running, so if they mess up while driving, they face heavy repercussions.

TD;DR - I like the idea. We should use it as a base for discussion on how we can get a system working properly. We NEED to stomp down on cars flying through the streets.

Edited by Zani
  • Upvote 1

Give PD/SD or mainly admins the command to /vwreckage vehicles. Meaning, once a vehicle is involved in a major MVA - the vehicle is 'impounded' (or in other words, unavailable to use) for several days. The severity of the /vwreckage can be adjusted as to the severity of the crash.

Let's say I got into a nasty head-on a few days back and my car was totalled, and I tried to /vg and choose my vehicle, it should print in the chat

"Your vehicle is currently being repaired and is unavailable to drive at the moment."

• Upvote 7
4 minutes ago, Zani said:

The LSPD’s Air division just lost their bird a short while ago and since it has been out of service pending insurance repairs. This is a division with a smaller set of vehicles and therefore it’s easy to roleplay around it. Generally, legal factions have a large pool of vehicles so it’s hard to really know which car is damaged.

However it’s doable. Let’s make it so that both sides have their vehicles ‘jailed’ for maybe even up to a week. Currently, when a legal player gets into an accident, they really don’t lose much. If a cop witnessed it, it’s easier to enact punishment; otherwise, it’s more of a he said-she said along with some evidence we can roleplay out. Sometimes there’s a ticket involved and sometimes you go free. Whereas, a law enforcement officer always has dash cam running, so if they mess up while driving, they face heavy repercussions.

TD;DR - I like the idea. We should use it as a base for discussion on how we can get a system working properly. We NEED to stomp down on cars flying through the streets.

the LSFD has an entire fleet services division catered to repairing damaged vehicles, often we have RA's that go out of service for a week+ following an MVA.

if we can do it with our fleet of 50+ vehicles, any faction can.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, charles said:

Give PD/SD or mainly admins the command to /vwreckage vehicles. Meaning, once a vehicle is involved in a major MVA - the vehicle is 'impounded' (or in other words, unavailable to use) for several days. The severity of the /vwreckage can be adjusted as to the severity of the crash.

Let's say I got into a nasty head-on a few days back and my car was totalled, and I tried to /vg and choose my vehicle, it should print in the chat

"Your vehicle is currently being repaired and is unavailable to drive at the moment."

This is actually a real good idea and further expands on @Woltrazz's suggestion. 

I do not think it's mostly an issue with people race but the RP of the people. When I crash, I RP the consequences, car being gone for a while like people stated above.

Sadly not everyone RP's the consequences. When you take a risk, just like in RL the bigger the sacrifice when it all goes wrong. Sadly I see it a lot that people crash out, VP the car and VG it again and play like nothing happened. I do not want to throw out names out there.

Enforcing the RP quality is better than punish. Teaching is always better imo. You can put them on the naughty step like I said before that when the car is indeed broken, to "jail" it or OOC impound, whatever you like to call it.

Plus evading from cops when a ticket is there, is very poor and is still seen a lot.

6 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

the LSFD has an entire fleet services division catered to repairing damaged vehicles, often we have RA's that go out of service for a week+ following an MVA.

if we can do it with our fleet of 50+ vehicles, any faction can.

to expand on that, most the situations are people running into multi-ton rigs, either driving off, hopping into /b or not roleplaying injuries properly.

the other option is them roleplaying, getting a slap on the wrist while the support services responsible for the vehicles have to maintain a quality of roleplay widely more time-constraining and expansive than your usual /me swaps engine at most garages.

while we notice the dude that pulverized his car/bike into our rigs drive past the repair bays minutes later. or drive past the flatbed recovering the rig. come on mano

• ChromaticDeath changed the title to /vget cooldown for totaling your car negligently (street racing, etc.)
  • Wuhtah locked this topic