Rage 1.1 : Deployment vote

Rage 1.1 : Deploy or stay on 0.3.7 for now ?  

1,025 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I mean beyond the minor problems, boats are absolutely destroyed in 1.1, they sink to the ocean floor. A lot of vehicles have floating doors, cracking windows, sirens are no longer sync, and there's lot of little interior bugs. A lot of these things should be fixed, beyond the fact clothing mods on client are gone.

2 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

I mean beyond the minor problems, boats are absolutely destroyed in 1.1, they sink to the ocean floor.

I did a boat tour today and the sync was amazingly better. Everyone could go on deck and walk around in the open ocean, we didn't sink it was lovely. 

3 minutes ago, Late said:

I did a boat tour today and the sync was amazingly better. Everyone could go on deck and walk around in the open ocean, we didn't sink it was lovely. 

It was broken for small boats. They sunk to the floor, tug's n' stuff were fine, but for smaller vessels, they just sank. But who knows, it might be for certain vehicles, only when they stay still.

I think we're better off on 1.1. It boosted my FPS by 15-20 frames steadily without me changing anything. I also think both developers & the community as a whole can be more proficient at ironing out bugs that get stress-tested at 800+ players than keeping on with isolated testing.

On the flip side, I agree specific bugs are rather annoying. It's a QoL thing. If the itty bitty things like the fight stance, sirens, anims, etc could be worked out before, then all the better.

I'll be real here. I feel you, those with clientside mods.

... But look, you're better off using whatever clothes are in game. Why? Here's what iGhoul drip does to you:

unknown.png

With 1.1 there's a better chance Oggy's massive civilian clothes pack gets put in instead of seeing variations of this ^ at every corner. This means you could get those clothing mods you use to actually be in game.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 2
11 minutes ago, Lop said:

The most hilarious thing about this entire debate is that the clothing mods that some gang RPers can't apparently live without are based on 90s movies and games clichés of what "gangstas" wear.

Like, holy shit dude, it's 20 years later. Stop running around like an extra in a PBS Compton documentary from '92.

Uh, I'm not sure which specific mod your talking about but a lot of these mods add clothes that modern gang members wear and I can assure you that lol, not sure what your point is. 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Lop said:

The most hilarious thing about this entire debate is that the clothing mods that some gang RPers can't apparently live without are based on 90s movies and games clichés of what "gangstas" wear.

Like, holy shit dude, it's 20 years later. Stop running around like an extra in a PBS Compton documentary from '92.

You don't know what you're talking about.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Bratan said:

1.1 is great but there's a lot of inconsistencies. Crashing has become more frequent, mild bugs are apparent, overall previous version was more stable. 

Must be isolated. I didn't crash at all in the 4 hours I was on the server. 

I get that there's an immersion thing with the client-sided clothing mods, but that's short sighted. We're trying to move towards a better gameplay environment for everyone and getting on 1.1 is a step in the right direction. No need to hold up the entire update because people are upset about their clothing options. I'm sure clothing will be added as the bugs are ironed out and the mods are prepared for 1.1, if they aren't already.

Edited by Sixty
18 minutes ago, Lop said:

?

This is literally why we want/use mods to begin with so we DON'T walk around like we're in the 90s or early 2000s.

• MomoIsHere locked, unlocked and locked this topic