“Why did you shoot in broad daylight with a ton of cameras present?”

bonk

3 minutes ago, maramizo said:

bro. people deathmatch IRL. if realism was that important then the DM rules would be laxed. gang members get literally instructed to kill random innocent victims. lol. you really think that people dont shoot each other irl over verbal arguments? lol

i understand that it's frustrating to face it in game. but if it's a question of whether or not it happens? it sure does. the worse the neighborhood you're in, the more likely it is to happen.

my issue isn't any of that. it's that the server alternates hypocritically between two different standards. see these aren't allowed because player experience would suffer if you're trying to RP then some random gang banger shoots you for initiation. feels undeserved.

you know what else feels undeserved? the literal incapacity to kill someone that logs during morning times only. or the incapability to perform illegal actions during night time cause server's popping off, then incapacity to do it in the morning because it's unrealistic. if player experience is the standard, this shouldn't be the case. if realism is the standard, then the former shouldn't be the case. but it's the hypocritical alternation between the two that im opposed to

Bro honestly, why people even log in just to kill someone? You know that's cringe. I am not saying it doesn't happen irl, cause it does. You know server has limit playerbase, so we are not living in a millions city, but people roleplaying are counted just in hundreds. And while I understand it's a fantasy that people are playing it for. Some hold normal legit jobs and roleplaying your average citizen, who can go on with their life since birth to death of old age, never ever being targeted by anyone. Cause there is plenty of such people irl. But on server where gangs overshadow other roleplayers by some percentage, just how is that possible. The problem, with crime on the server, always was about numbers.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, TpRoll said:

IC consequences for IC crimes

amen

Just now, Engelbert said:

Bro honestly, why people even log in just to kill someone? You know that's cringe. I am not saying it doesn't happen irl, cause it does. You know server has limit playerbase, so we are not living in a millions city, but people roleplaying are counted just in hundreds. And while I understand it's a fantasy that people are playing it for. Some hold normal legit jobs and roleplaying your average citizen, who can go on with their life since birth to death of old age, never ever being targeted by anyone. Cause there is plenty of such people irl. But on server where gangs overshadow other roleplayers by some percentage, just how is that possible. The problem, with crime on the server, always was about numbers.

no bro you misunderstood. i'm saying the other way around. some people only log on during morning time. given that IRL these people would have to go home, go to sleep, etc, these people would then realistically just dodge any potential of being shot. that's just an example to demonstrate that "timezone" ig is dumb

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

That! It seems to me that some people indeed are in the server, just to cause trouble to the normal working people, not gang crime or mobsters handling other mobsters. But some are just looking for the ordinary people to knife or shoot them. That is, indeed, correct, and a problem.

3 minutes ago, maramizo said:

amen

no bro you misunderstood. i'm saying the other way around. some people only log on during morning time. given that IRL these people would have to go home, go to sleep, etc, these people would then realistically just dodge any potential of being shot. that's just an example to demonstrate that "timezone" ig is dumb

What are you saying here? That some people, who live in different time zones, are not rp-ing their time correctly and avoid being shot, that those people who log in peak hours? 😄 People have OOC-lives, ya know, and this is a game. I log in and log out whenever I want and that is the end of it.

1 minute ago, Tsarna said:

What are you saying here? That some people, who live in different time zones, are not rp-ing their time correctly and avoid being shot, that those people who log in peak hours? 😄 People have OOC-lives, ya know, and this is a game. I log in and log out whenever I want and that is the end of it.

no not peak hours. peak hours is actually night time on the server. that's the whole issue. if morning reflected peak times on the server i would actually be cool with the whole thing.

2 hours ago, Blowin' Hollows said:

I hate watching this video, but it ticks all of the boxes that administrators argue against.

In daylight? Yes.

Cameras rolling? Yes.

Seemingly unprovoked? Yes. This proves, even when somebody is going to go and take the life of two law enforcement officers, they do not care about the time of day or if CCTV is in the area.

I can definitely see where you’re coming from, although that’s one person out of the thousands in LA County, also yes the server does portray real life, although there has to be a fine line between allowing players to have fun, and roleplaying something that probably wouldn’t happen on the everyday basis unless you literally roleplay someone who has horrible mental health issues, and your character is properly developed and the staff team approves of it, otherwise you would get players just shooting cops for no reason / other people without any roleplay and it would turn the server into a deathmatch server, same with the cameras ultimately, you should know the chances of getting caught realistically doing something in public.

11 minutes ago, maramizo said:

amen

Yes the timezone is stupid, especially for Americans rping in gangs, cause they are logging during server's daytime, which means, that their time is fucked. Cause gangs are normally active 24/7 yes but usually more active at nights. Every gangbanger has their life, their daily routine and whatever. I am European in comparison, but I work shifts so my log in time varies. I always was more comfortable with US timezone when roleplaying, thanks to my job. But ofc that means, that such player has to do their stuff when they have time for it. Which also leads to weird opening times for shops and tattoo parlors and whatever. This can be medicated by hiring EU staff to an extent, but when it comes to crime, crime is more lively at nights.

Edited by Engelbert

I honestly think this is something in which we should all find a middle ground, really. In the same way that you got people opening stores at three in the morning (which IRL would be closed) you have characters who just apparently happen to be out doing normal stuff at 3:00AM. Unless you want every non-EU player to play a bizarre night owl character that's trying to get shit done past midnight, I think we all have to be generally lenient when it comes to time.

People play when they can play, most do it under constraints of real life. In the same way that people go to classes in ULSA at 9PM, or hang out around campus chilling at 4AM.

To me location is most often the issue, not time. It's more the fact that you get mugged in places that would be centric tourist attractions like say, Legion Square.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

The core principle behind this argument about not shooting in broad daylight is the idea that during the day time more people are out and about and there for there are more potential witnesses. The point @maramizois making is that it's the opposite on GTAW. The servers peak player base has shifted more and more into the night. So yeah if I shoot someone in Rockford hills at 10:30AM on a Monday IRL there would be hundreds of witnesses around. But on GTAW that part of the map is absolutely dead at that hour.

This whole "Oh well RP that people are around" concept made sense when the server capped out at like 350 people on a good day. We're nearing breaking 800 players online at a time soon. We've repeatedly broken server records month after month even though many people are returning to work IRL. Now? There's really no point in RPing it because there quiet literally seems to always been at least a couple people scattered around ever area of the map.

enforcing that policy isn't doing the server much good in my eyes. If we're going to use staff intervention to curb crime rates, I'd much rather see it enforced on shit like people abusing the BF-400 meta or driving to the opposite end of the map from where they're faction hangs out just to rob someone standing outside alone. Policing that bullshit would have a way better impact on raising the overall quality of violent crime RP. You literally take away their ability to evade unrealistically and it removes their ability to get away with half assed robberies.

• Applaud 1