“Why did you shoot in broad daylight with a ton of cameras present?”

bonk

Problem is, there is less players on GTA:W than people in a real city (obviously) and a vast majority of them are cold, emotionless criminals ho would fill you with holes just for breathing in their direction. We have to tone things down and enforce standards that wouldn't always apply in real life. Not only so there isn't complete anarchy but so that the crime that does happen is realistic and well-thought out and if anything, the rules still require further tightening because players aren't behaving responsibly. We want it to be fun for everyone, not just the criminal roleplayers.

• Upvote 1

We don't have cameras or witnesses on the server that can actively report on crimescenes in areas where realistically they should be caught. There's no active CCTV system on this server to my knowledge; so while it might be "reasonable" to assume that a young, inexperienced gangbanger might be stupid enough to start lighting up a block in broad daylight for a moron - that's an open and shut case in real life, police would catch them immediately. On this server it's not so easy.

Edited by sio
  • Upvote 1

We have some staff and community members who constantly hold this mentality and then get mad and confused when the BF-400 meta is a thing. You reap what you sow, we've created an environment where anything less of a mob style setup or a favela style hit and run is somehow seen as unrealistically reckless.

1 minute ago, sio said:

We don't have cameras or witnesses on the server that can actively report on crimescenes in areas where realistically they should be caught. There's no active CCTV system on this server to my knowledge; so while it might be "reasonable" to assume that a young, inexperience gangbanger might be stupid enough to start lighting up a block in broad daylight for a moron - that's an open and shut case in real life, police would catch them immediately. On this server it's not so easy.

You've admitted that it's reasonable to go do such an act, but since there is no good response to be met by LEOs, it has to be dealt with administrative action. That doesn't add up to me.

2 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Problem is, there is less players on GTA:W than people in a real city (obviously) and a vast majority of them are cold, emotionless criminals ho would fill you with holes just for breathing in their direction. We have to tone things down and enforce standards that wouldn't always apply in real life. Not only so there isn't complete anarchy but so that the crime that does happen is realistic and well-thought out and if anything, the rules still require further tightening because players aren't behaving responsibly. We want it to be fun for everyone, not just the criminal roleplayers.

That’s totally understandable but I think that’s a bandaid on a gunshot wound. Just like the real world, when crimes gets bad in a city they can’t wait for the Gods (admins) to show up and fix it. Law enforcement ramps up, they become more and more hands on and ruthless (NYPD and LAPD in the 1980’s), and politicians band together to make harsher penalties on criminals. I just think people would rather see things play it IC more than anything.  

Criminals, by and large, are not intelligent. For every Pablo Escobar there’s ten thousand junkie morons robbing old ladies in front of a precinct during shift change. I think it’s totally believable that violent crime happens in broad daylight for the sheer fact that some of these criminals are flat out stupid. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Blowin' Hollows said:

You've admitted that it's reasonable to go do such an act, but since there is no good response to be met by LEOs, it has to be dealt with administrative action. That doesn't add up to me.

I mean what's the alternative? I'd love for them to implement a CCTV function like on LSRP, but it's unrealistic to commit a stupid crime in broad daylight and not get caught just because we're a city based on LA which is ten million people being played on a server that gets to a maximum of 600-700 people at night - and it's much less than that in the middle of the day. I personally don't mind it, I'm just playing devil's advocate for a moment to say that it feels somewhat gamey to get away with a crime that you would realistically be caught immediately for just because our little pocket version of reality doesn't function like real life does.

1 minute ago, Rickaroni said:

That’s totally understandable but I think that’s a bandaid on a gunshot wound. Just like the real world, when crimes gets bad in a city they can’t wait for the Gods (admins) to show up and fix it. Law enforcement ramps up, they become more and more hands on and ruthless (NYPD and LAPD in the 1980’s), and politicians band together to make harsher penalties on criminals. I just think people would rather see things play it IC more than anything.  

yeah i too want stop and frisk policies but neither of those would happen in this present day and age irl; and thus, as much as we seek an ic response, would be impossible on the simple basis that the crimerate and the mindset of the people tackling it differ greatly. one side does what they can get away with, the other seeks to fully emulate an irl department without being able to enforce the law as effectively

6 minutes ago, Blowin' Hollows said:

I don't think if you noticed, but everytime this happens, they always ask WHY did your character did this or that, knowing this or that.

Hmm? The administration is oocly policing one thing with it. GTAO behavior. The freedom to kill anyone you see. Cause you can do that if you want, but you better have solid reasons for such crime.