“Why did you shoot in broad daylight with a ton of cameras present?”

bonk

So what, we should just allow you to shoot anybody you want, wherever, whenever? Remember it's a RP server, and you're supposed to be creating an interesting story. Killing someone and ruining their entire day's RP over a petty reason is silly. At some times of the day there aren't enough cop players online to realistically represent the amount of cops that would be present, so you can pretty much shoot someone dead on the street in Vinewood and "get away with it". Admins punish this by voiding it because it's foolish that you'd even get away with it. They're doing you a favor, in my mind, because otherwise every retard that pulls a glock on someone over a "poor" decision would be in TTCF for life.

Crime is a 24/7 occupation, I don't know why this presents a problem. Of course, shooting people in front of a police station is something a criminal wouldn't do, but if it comes to it? It's realistic to shoot someone on the beach, or outside of his house, in Vinewood. I've heard people say "There's a cop around, let's wait", but I've never heard anyone ever say "Oh, it's 5PM, let's wait for the sun to set to do this".  People don't care about cameras if they're wearing a balaclava. They don't care if a cop passed if they can trunk someone. That's the truth, not everyone's a criminal mastermind, and the administration shouldn't put that factor up there, especially upon gangbangers.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, LICE said:

So what, we should just allow you to shoot anybody you want, wherever, whenever? Remember it's a RP server, and you're supposed to be creating an interesting story. Killing someone and ruining their entire day's RP over a petty reason is silly. At some times of the day there aren't enough cop players online to realistically represent the amount of cops that would be present, so you can pretty much shoot someone dead on the street in Vinewood and "get away with it". Admins punish this by voiding it because it's foolish that you'd even get away with it. They're doing you a favor, in my mind, because otherwise every retard that pulls a glock on someone over a "poor" decision would be in TTCF for life.

Are you okay? They wasn’t implying people should be allowed to go around and kill people at will without reason. They’re arguing the stupid argument of saying “ITS DAYLIGHT, YOU CANT KILL” which is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. Of course people shouldn’t kill other people let’s say infront of a police station. Not really smart at all, on drugs or not. But the stupid argument of “well, I’m at the beach. Realistically they’d be 100000 people here!”

no, it’s a server that’s a simulation of real life. If there’s no one around to witness the murder, then you should be allowed to murder the person (obviously if you have an actual reason before you start)

The only reason this argument is even being had is because of Rule 0 where it allows the said admin to bend the rules to their will if they feel it to be “unrealistic” 

4 minutes ago, knppel said:

So you find unique videos on the web and be like "wow I wanna rp that dude who got his 15 seconds"?

No. I am attempting to solidify my point with real life examples.

3 minutes ago, LICE said:

Where have you gotten the “shoot everybody you want, wherever, whenever” from? My video example? That’s just an example to prove that criminals will not think when they are in that state of mind, even if they are going to go do the arduous task of shooting up two unsuspecting police officers for seemingly no reason.

If somebody happens to die and that ruins their entire day of role play, they need to reevaluate themselves. How and why did they end up in that situation that they could have died in, could they have avoided it? It’s not just the shooters issue. You can’t blame one party when both can be at fault in the situation.

Your final point is really nonsensical to me. So what you’re saying is because there’s not enough LEOs, admins need to step in? BUT if there were enough LEOs they wouldn’t? Why are admins stepping in in the first place? It’s an IC issue.

2 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

Are you okay? They wasn’t implying people should be allowed to go around and kill people at will without reason. They’re arguing the stupid argument of saying “ITS DAYLIGHT, YOU CANT KILL” which is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. Of course people shouldn’t kill other people let’s say infront of a police station. Not really smart at all, on drugs or not. But the stupid argument of “well, I’m at the beach. Realistically they’d be 100000 people here!”

no, it’s a server that’s a simulation of real life. If there’s no one around to witness the murder, then you should be allowed to murder the person (obviously if you have an actual reason before you start)

The only reason this argument is even being had is because of Rule 0 where it allows the said admin to bend the rules to their will if they feel it to be “unrealistic” 

Because this server is based off of LA, no? And the beach at 3 in the afternoon on a nice day is going to be packed full of people, even if there's nobody there IC. It's a busy city, are you going to try and suggest at 5pm rush hour there is literally nobody on the streets because there happen to be no players online and there yet? If you make what is being suggested in the OP a thing, the quality of crime on this server will only decrease even more.

4 minutes ago, LICE said:

Because this server is based off of LA, no? And the beach at 3 in the afternoon on a nice day is going to be packed full of people, even if there's nobody there IC. It's a busy city, are you going to try and suggest at 5pm rush hour there is literally nobody on the streets because there happen to be no players online and there yet? If you make what is being suggested in the OP a thing, the quality of crime on this server will only decrease even more.

The expectations currently are even higher than that of real life...

People get shot broad day light in front of witnesses. Yeah, maybe not at the beach but in the city? Yeah.

I think the issue is more that the tools don't yet exist to accurately provide consequence to doing something as stupid as shooting someone in public. Realistically, there's CCTV cameras on every street and every corner, which cops could simply watch and follow you between cameras if you were to flee somewhere - which is what they do IRL to catch people. There's also the fact that the cops won't be called on you if there's no other players around, though IRL you'd have someone call from their window, or a bystander from across the street would call. There's also traffic that again would realistically be present, which would make a getaway in a vehicle a little less quick and perfect. Without those three things in consideration, it's sort of a grey area of deciding how far realism versus server goes.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, LICE said:

I could continue but the point is, believe it or not, people don't care about presence or cameras.

Just now, RufioCas said:

I could continue but the point is, believe it or not, people don't care about presence or cameras.

That's not what I'm arguing, but okay - I'm arguing that we don't have any way to RP the consequence of ignoring cameras while committing a crime.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1