“Why did you shoot in broad daylight with a ton of cameras present?”

bonk

1 minute ago, Westen said:

In my experience this has been the opposite, the person caught on CCTV has refused to cooperate with CCTV and we've had to go with the bare minimum.

Is the rule that requires consent of both parties to use CCTV footage still active since the recent changes? If it is, the rule should be changed imo. CCTVs should be allowed as long as the owner has them mapped without having consent of the other party cause that's something I always considered dumb asl cause the other party could just deny CCTV usage and get away unharmed 99% of the times. 

1 minute ago, sio said:

Yes, but this implies that someone's judgement is always infalliable even though that is not how human being's work. Administrators are wrong sometimes, and the only way to counter that is through a staff report - which in itself can be an overreaction in some cases. But that runs the risk of going off topic, so I'll drop it.

By this logic you're basically saying we should let players do whatever they please and constantly act like idiots because it's "IC" I'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way. That would completely undermine any authority we have. Staff reports exist for a reason.

3 minutes ago, maramizo said:

bro if there's no one there, there's no one there. if you get shot up at a place with no witnesses, then none of the NPCs saw what happened. if there is CCTV then the player is required to hand over logs. but for the most part there are very little CCTVs in place, so no, 9 times out of 10 no CCTV would even catch anything and the 1 out of 10, the player is required to hand over logs, evidence or describe the situation.

having administrators step into your own roleplay and dictate what is "realistic" is farcical imo. people get shot in broad daylight all the time. in front of CCTVs. either by identifiable individuals that aren't masked that may even still elude cops, or by masked individuals that may be recognized for a plethora of other forensic evidence.

in fact, some members don't even log in unless if it's morning time ig. does that mean these people are immune to being shot? that's it, guess these guys should never get touched?

people act as if in game time dictates the sort of rp you can get. it's nonsense. in fact, people are less active morning time than they are at night time. lmfao. do you understand what this means? this means that you can't rob people at night because you're highly likely to be spotted, and you can't rob people at morning because it's """"""""""unrealistic"""""""""".

Bro you sure you understand WHY? Cause you saying IC is IC huh, so tell me. What's an IC reasoning to kill someone in broad daylight on a busy street over an insult. What's the IC reasoning? Cause a character is a gangsta? The reason why admins are policing this kind of roleplay is because of ooc mentality. And no it is not hard to tell what's IC and what's OOC. People just like to argue about it. Technically nothing that's doable IRL is unrealistic. What does matter however is WHY your character did it. Was it your boredom OOCly or their need to make some dough ICly, or was there a lesson about respect to be taught? Or just showing off hm?

Just now, Moonsong said:

By this logic you're basically saying we should let players do whatever they please and constantly act like idiots because it's "IC" I'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way. That would completely undermine any authority we have. Staff reports exist for a reason.

I never said that. To counter your point, letting authority run wild just because it's supposed to be respected follows the same path of blind idiocy. I'm saying context in certain matters is important, and administrators making assumptions about what would realistic for a character when they know nothing of said character's personality or motivation is as unreasonable as the other way around.

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

Bro you sure you understand WHY? Cause you saying IC is IC huh, so tell me. What's an IC reasoning to kill someone in broad daylight on a busy street over an insult. What's the IC reasoning? Cause a character is a gangsta? The reason why admins are policing this kind of roleplay is because of ooc mentality. And no it is not hard to tell what's IC and what's OOC. People just like to argue about it. Technically nothing that's doable IRL is unrealistic. What does matter however is WHY your character did it. Was it your boredom OOCly or their need to make some dough ICly, or was there a lesson about respect to be taught? Or just showing off hm?

The thing is than you properly do your homework and research if it's plausible to kill someone in broad daylight by checking the escape routes and shit. For example the murder reason is because X did X than affected your faction/group and a higher up gave you the task to murder that person.

Then if you check all the angles and you for example intercept the person while it's jogging at the beach. Of course you could murder the person.
There are other factors than might affect it... Like if you want to cover the murder as fail robbery... 

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

bro. people deathmatch IRL. if realism was that important then the DM rules would be laxed. gang members get literally instructed to kill random innocent victims. lol. you really think that people dont shoot each other irl over verbal arguments? lol

i understand that it's frustrating to face it in game. but if it's a question of whether or not it happens? it sure does. the worse the neighborhood you're in, the more likely it is to happen.

my issue isn't any of that. it's that the server alternates hypocritically between two different standards. see these aren't allowed because player experience would suffer if you're trying to RP then some random gang banger shoots you for initiation. feels undeserved.

you know what else feels undeserved? the literal incapacity to kill someone that logs during morning times only. or the incapability to perform illegal actions during night time cause server's popping off, then incapacity to do it in the morning because it's unrealistic. if player experience is the standard, this shouldn't be the case. if realism is the standard, then the former shouldn't be the case. but it's the hypocritical alternation between the two that im opposed to

Easy answer to that - take your surrounding into account. Think realistically - where you are, at what time. If you are in the hood, Davis and Strawberry, where crime rates are higher, then of course, shootings can happen more often. Yet - if you are in Mirror Park or downtown: it ain´t happening, sorry to inform you. Shooting are not just a flat-rate tax on the city: it depends on the part of the city, where it happens. Use your common sense for a bit, and that should do it - whatever the time of the day is. 

That should also go with stealing cars, kidnappings, burglary, robberies - look around you and think: would it be realistic that I, for example, steal a car on Del Perro Pier in the middle of day, where the pier would be packed with lots of peoples? Would I take that risk - is it even possible to steal a high-end car from there, when it would be full of people? 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Xaleya said:

The thing is than you properly do your homework and research if it's plausible to kill someone in broad daylight by checking the escape routes and shit. For example the murder reason is because X did X than affected your faction/group and a higher up gave you the task to murder that person.

Then if you check all the angles and you for example intercept the person while it's jogging at the beach. Of course you could murder the person.
There are other factors than might affect it... Like if you want to cover the murder as fail robbery... 

That's not always the case, cause in cases like MS-13, Bloods or Crips. Most murders are meant as message and especially in case of MS-13. they mostly do not care if they are caught. Which means it is realistic, but they need some IC reasoning for it. Not like "man let's pop them, they weird an allat." That's my point.

2 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

Easy answer to that - take your surrounding into account. Think realistically - where you are, at what time. If you are in the hood, Davis and Strawberry, where crime rates are higher, then of course, shootings can happen more often. Yet - if you are in Mirror Park or downtown: it ain´t happening, sorry to inform you. Shooting are not just a flat-rate tax on the city: it depends on the part of the city, where it happens. Use your common sense for a bit, and that should do it - whatever the time of the day is. 

That should also go with stealing cars, kidnappings, burglary, robberies - look around you and think: would it be realistic that I, for example, steal a car on Del Perro Pier in the middle of day, where the pier would be packed with lots of peoples? Would I take that risk - is it even possible to steal a high-end car from there, when it would be full of people? 

not every situation is pre meditated. people get angry and shoot. 

Just now, maramizo said:

not every situation is pre meditated. people get angry and shoot. 

This is not something which happens too often, man. Getting angry and shooting - it happens, but not as often as it happens in this server, tbh. What a good game it would be, mass-making characters, shooting someone dead and then going "I went crazy". Aint happening.