What are your strengths & weaknesses as a roleplayer?

Shaderz

Strengths:

- Excellent at providing realistic medicalRP and explaining it.

Weaknesses: 

- I can only RP one character at a time.

- I get too attached to my character and do everything possible to keep them going.

- All my characters are in the medical field 🤣 I don't know how to roleplay any other field fully.

Edited by Coburn
Found a strength
8 minutes ago, Coburn said:

Uh.. Strengths? What's that? 

Weaknesses: 

- I can only RP one character at a time.

- I get too attached to my character and do everything possible to keep them going.

- All my characters are in the medical field 🤣 I don't know how to roleplay any other field fully.

I know all of this too well. 😂

I think my own strength is being able to be detailed when I need to be or want to be. 

• Upvote 1

I tend to write detailed emotes when in crowded areas to allow other players a better understanding of my character's persona. I RP stuff on my own for the enjoyment eg. going home to shower and change clothes when I would probably do the same inrl. Oh- and I know how to stop at intersections ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Biggest weakness is meeting new characters icly as it gets very awkward. Finding RP can be difficult when the people you RP with are all offline, so I'm usually left solo. I feel pressured when RPing around a group of players I don't know, especially if I'm the centre of attention. I also struggle to keep up with the chat in crowded places and have to manually scroll to see if I ignored anyone by accident. Sometimes my emotes are too descriptive to the point where it doesn't make sense lol. 

Weaknesses: 
I often find myself making characters that sound good on paper but in execution they're not that great. 
I often find myself discouraged if I have nobody to roleplay with or nothing to do for that specific character, making me either quit or stay afk for too long and lose my mood for roleplay. 
I tend to overthink things a lot, especially when it comes down to roleplaying a certain situation that might not be what I usually roleplay. 
I can't wrap my head around crowded areas, ever, I mostly do vague emotes and chill at my desk irl. 
Can't get myself to do random things that provide roleplay but I'm always thinking about it, I just get discouraged about it and never try again. 

Strengths: I wouldn't know.

Strengths:

- I create original roleplay for me and others to enjoy

- I roleplay my character having feelings

- I try to develop the character having the story to progress as time passes.

Waknesses:

- I can get very attached to RP.

- I get bored easily in group RP if my character isnt getting much attention.

- I really dislike crime RP, police situations or roleplaying injuries. I try to avoid all of that.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll just list some of my flaws/weaknesses, because self-deprecation is easy.

1. I generally stick to the same character types and sometimes end up just playing slight variations of the same character.

2. I occasionally get hung up on my word choice and will spend 2-3 minutes trying to come up with right word.

3. I can't deal with my character being permanently scarred / injured / disabled against my will.

4. My OOC mood often affects my character's mood & behavior.

5.  I keep texting & writing on facebrowser like my character would 'talk' in person

6. I can't play intentionally evil characters because hurting fictional characters make me sad.

• Upvote 1

Weaknesses:

1. I put a lot of emotion into roleplay.

2. OOC factors affect my roleplay (not saying about my mood, rather than who is hiding behind the character in front of me. )

3. As WatchingEye said, planning a roleplay good on paper, but in reality it doesn't stick much

4. Can't hold a character more than a month because some events fucks up all the character story.

5. I can't stick with one character line.

Strengths.

1. Don't know that much.

• Wuhtah locked this topic