What are your strengths & weaknesses as a roleplayer?

Shaderz

Strengths: Owning 90% of manlets on the server, creating the most realistic self-inserts there is. 😉

Weakness: I sabotage myself constantly by not turning up to things due to not caring enough oocly when promising icly I will.

Wait, no that's also a strength, nevermind 😉

• Upvote 1
On 1/15/2021 at 10:04 AM, Bauer said:

Strengths

I can roleplay lots of different characters, even though I only have two I actively play (cop & adopted teen);

I can be really descriptive in my /me's.

I get really immersed in the world while I am roleplaying

Weaknesses

I get way too attached to my characters, making it hard for me to CK them, etc when the time comes;

I struggle to do cool and interesting passive rp/solo rp sometimes. I like having action & at least someone else to rp with to make it fun

Solid weakness

i was gonna say my strengths are that I’m an all around fantastic role player and my weaknesses don’t exist, but I do actually have a horrible habit of holding onto characters too long

I’ve held onto characters on other servers for as long as 7+ years 

I always struggled to get into illegal role-play and have stuck to law enforcement/civilian, even though I know you can have a blast doing that. Hats off to dedicated illegal role-players since I think that brings imagination and immersion to the next level.

Strengths: Im very good at roleplaying law enforcement and other law related positions. 

Weaknesses: Thats all Ive ever done and all I've ever wanted to do. Oh and if im being honest im garbage at doing anything non LEO related, too addicted to being on patrol, can never force myself to go off duty.

On 1/15/2021 at 9:34 PM, Bauer said:

Strengths

I can roleplay lots of different characters, even though I only have two I actively play (cop & adopted teen);

I can be really descriptive in my /me's.

I get really immersed in the world while I am roleplaying

Weaknesses

I get way too attached to my characters, making it hard for me to CK them, etc when the time comes;

I struggle to do cool and interesting passive rp/solo rp sometimes. I like having action & at least someone else to rp with to make it fun

^

• 4 weeks later...

Strength: In depth descriptions and interesting encounters, completely situational and not afraid to take a loss.

Weakness: Responding in high intensity roleplay, i.e. being robbed, responding to a 911 call etc.

Just takes me a minute to figure out what's going on and by the time I want to start roleplaying, I'm being pushed to respond, which I find stressful. I'm talking a few seconds to let me figure something out and then start typing, not detrimental to the RP at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly the only weakness I can think of is just the fact that I suck at doing /me stuff. I’m never descriptive enough. Like I’m currently working at my friend’s restaurant and I’m seeing his other chefs take a 2 paragraph recipe, condense it into an easy to read, 2 sentence /me in just a couple seconds. Meanwhile, the best thing I can do is just a boring /me of me being like “throws the vegetables onto the pan and begins cooking.” I’m not very descriptive and I’m admittedly not very good at describing my character’s actions in good detail.

Granted, I’m still quite new to GTA:W and RP in general, so I’ve still got much to learn. Only have about 200 hours on my character so far. 

To those of you who can always easily think of something and type up a really detailed action into text in just a few seconds in any given moment, mad respect to you. I hope I can be that good one day.

strengths: i can churn out phat emotes
weaknesses: i churn out phat emotes.
extra weaknesses: im an unimaginative fuck that's kicked around the same 4 character concepts for 8 years
extra extra phat weaknesses: i tend to get elitist at some point, especially when my immersion gets ruined. and a bit abrasive.
omega fucking ooc weakness: why the fuck do i have almost 3k hours on a single character over less than a year. and why the fuck did lockdown happen

Edited by AlphaBatal

Roleplaying a ton of different characters is probably my biggest strength; it's whatever if I play as a gang banger, average journalist or a worthless redneck I enjoyed all of them. Although I haven’t had the good fortune to try myself in such roles on this server yet I guess that's the reason I still enjoy playing on different RP servers. Giving my characters different personalities, backstories and development is something is what i like most about it at all.

Guess my weakness is that I can be repetitive in some situations, write short /me’s even tho my partner(s) would write very descriptive lines due to my current knowledge of English, although I try to catch up with other players. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic