How much better would RP be if nobody knew each other oocly?

Legate

19 minutes ago, arandomgamer said:

Yeah dude cause they'll definitely say " We kicked you for being black " so you can screenshot it and report them. Come on, use your head. They'll use another excuse.

Reporting a player to a faction should not exist. Everything should be the typical forum report and if the admin decides a punishment is in order, THEN you can kick the player. But bypassing admins and going straight to the Faction Leaders is complete bull, because those leaders can judge as they want and there isn't anything you can do about it as the reported party.

What part of "admin permission" did you miss? Only reason you can get removed for OOC reasons is if you break server rules.

Regarding roleplay it's definitely better when no one knows the other OOCly, things become more interesting and enjoyable when they happen naturally IC. But, it's a videogame and having friends is what makes you play a certain videogame, at the end of the day you're gonna interact with people OOC'ly no matter how hard you try, human beings were found to co-exist and that's just how it goes.

I don't really think whether you know the person you're roleplaying with or not should affect the way you two roleplay, it all depends on the personalities of the two and how strict of roleplayers they are, I do respect those who keep it IC even with those they know OOCly because that type of roleplayers is becoming rare as time passes.

Would be a ton better. When you don't have OOC connections or ability to take shortcuts OOC, it creates a better immersive IC environment. Shortcuts are more likely to be taken when OOC is involved, whether it be as small as meeting up without using a cellphone, starting your IG journey already knowing another character, etc. The simple things take away the immersion and it stems from OOC issues.

When people spend so much time together and see things on World, it's inevitable for them to not end up being some sort of friends OOCly. I have had people who I only met on an IC basis and all but people in the same faction and such after a while would become people I would get to know OOCly and that's never bad if you remind yourself to not sit on Discord with them when you play.

On 11/1/2020 at 7:47 PM, MickeyO said:

tbh you should be able to interact with everyone icly no matter what ooc feelings you harness towards them, it’s not a thing that happens unfortunately. People treat people differently because who they are oocly but you’re just a noob of you do that, and you never want to be a noob so don’t do that.

I agree with this statement. I get hate on a general basis and it actually occured to me that someone just stopped RPing with me after finding out who I am OOCly; which is honestly bullshit. I thought about reporting but what can they do? Force him to RP with me? Goes a bit too far so I just let it go.

If no one knew eachother, that would be amazing. No hate, no friends politics over OOC channels, just pure uncut cocain.... roleplay.

Having an OOC relationship with your character's friends and allies is all well and good though it can definitely result in  some favouritism. Personally I'm of the school of thought that favouritism isn't necessarily a bad thing though, so long as it's treated as favouritism ICly, e.g. the new homie starts rapidly rising through the faction's ranks because he's the shotcaller's son and that character is biased towards him rather than the new homie goes straight to the top because he's the funny guy on Discord.

What seems really underrated around here is having a positive OOC relationship with your character's enemies. People treat 'the opps' like they're just a bunch of NPC's for their characters to gun down and all you get from that is two sides of people competing to see who can interrupt more of the other side's casual RP by running in guns blazing and making sure everybody's in the death state before they leave to make absolutely sure nothing gets developed from it except for that hard ass video they're gonna upload later of them shooting horribly desynced people down while they're typing.

Edited by Snoof
  • Applaud 1
4 hours ago, Snoof said:

What seems really underrated around here is having a positive OOC relationship with your character's enemies. People treat 'the opps' like they're just a bunch of NPC's for their characters to gun down

thats because unfortunately some players can't appreciate good rivalry roleplay, they take everything their characters' enemies do to them and their group as some sort of OOC attack, when in reality it's an IC attack. Unfortunately its something that i don't foresee a change coming for. I get along with most players even when i dont get along w/ their characters because of their gang affiliations etc. Some of these niggas wanna smoke u OOC tho. 😅

• 3 weeks later...