How much better would RP be if nobody knew each other oocly?

Legate

I've honestly witnessed O.O.C. relationships destroy factions simply because they tend to metagame or engage in favouritism, more frequently, overtime. Doesn't apply to every one, though. Generally, I enjoy most random encounters as the scenes seem more natural.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
20 hours ago, insaned said:

They'll still tell each other to not roleplay with that person? Admins can't control that

What I'm saying is that a faction should not be allowed to kick out its own members for OOC reasons. First of all it's metagaming, secondly, it creates cliches and allows people to impose their bigotry on others ( kicking someone because of their race, nationality, political views and so on ).

It's really unhealthy for a RP server for OOC reasons to carry IC weight.

Edited by arandomgamer
2 hours ago, arandomgamer said:

What I'm saying is that a faction should not be allowed to kick out its own members for OOC reasons. First of all it's metagaming, secondly, it creates cliches and allows people to impose their bigotry on others ( kicking someone because of their race, nationality, political views and so on ).

Well we're definitely not going to allow our faction to get shut down, striked and punished for someone we don't want in the first place.

2 hours ago, arandomgamer said:

If someone tries using your ethnic origin or beliefs as reason for removal, report them. As someone who's had a faction, only time I've had to OOCly remove someone from my faction was due to them consistently breaking the rules, AND, I had to get Admin permission for it to begin with. Keep in mind that wasn't a CK, they were just wiped from any IC knowledge of the faction. If someone CKs you souly based on OOC reasoning, report them on the forums.

• Upvote 1
On 11/24/2020 at 8:55 PM, Свето said:

If someone tries using your ethnic origin or beliefs as reason for removal, report them.

Yeah dude cause they'll definitely say " We kicked you for being black " so you can screenshot it and report them. Come on, use your head. They'll use another excuse.

Reporting a player to a faction should not exist. Everything should be the typical forum report and if the admin decides a punishment is in order, THEN you can kick the player. But bypassing admins and going straight to the Faction Leaders is complete bull, because those leaders can judge as they want and there isn't anything you can do about it as the reported party.

Edited by arandomgamer