How much better would RP be if nobody knew each other oocly?

Legate

I found that there's like a direct inverse relationship between my enjoyment of RP and my involvement with stuff OOC. The most I ever enjoyed the server was at the start when I knew nobody IC or OOC. It was the most rewarding RP that I ever did, because I knew that all of my character's progress was due to my ability as a roleplayer, rather than OOC factors. My enjoyment of the server decreased as I became more involved with OOC drama like Discord stuff, et cetera.  

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
16 hours ago, aldo said:

so much better, you have better bonds with other characters and like if your friend was to get CK'd you would be more affected by it.

9 hours ago, ozymandias said:

I found that there's like a direct inverse relationship between my enjoyment of RP and my involvement with stuff OOC. The most I ever enjoyed the server was at the start when I knew nobody IC or OOC. It was the most rewarding RP that I ever did, because I knew that all of my character's progress was due to my ability as a roleplayer, rather than OOC factors. My enjoyment of the server decreased as I became more involved with OOC drama like Discord stuff, et cetera.  

20 hours ago, Rozi said:

The best roleplay I've had since I've ever started was with people who I didn't know OOC and didn't even get to know them OOCly. That's why I try to keep OOC to a zero when roleplaying with new people. The experience just feels a lot more organic and authentic.

this

Knowing people OOCly has never affected my RP tbh, while I could still RP... But I've seen it affect my businesses way too many times. It could probably be better tbh with people not knowing each other. It suggests me I should delete voice channels on the comapny discords...

Edited by Chuck Lee
1 minute ago, Chuck Lee said:

Knowing people OOCly has never affected my RP tbh, while I could still RP... But I've seen it affect my businesses way too many times. It could probably be better tbh.

It doesn't affect it or make the RP bad, it just feels more organic and right when everything you do is uncoordinated and just happens naturally.