How much better would RP be if nobody knew each other oocly?

Legate

2 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

I'd love the concept of erasing private messages, or showing character names (and put the login ID, for example: Player 125). It would boost the immersion a lot.

We're humans, we aren't going to recall faces like we could in real life - this is a game. That would be ridiculous.

It's good to know people OOCly too imo.

1 minute ago, FNTSosa said:

No lol, just find out when you approach them, and if their rp is dog shit just make a IC excuse to leave.

A decent point, although I stand by my opinion for various reasons, even though less ooc on the server would be a good thing imo it's good to know other players and can help with various things, like if you needed advice on how to go about portraying something, who would you go to if you knew nobody here? For example I only do Hispanic gang rp. If I wanted to try rping an African American or White gang member, or even a mafia/cartel affiliate I wouldn't be able to ask anyone for advice because I know nobody ooc. Id have to rely on documentaries and articles, which can be way more unreliable than simply asking an ooc friend who does that RP for advice.

17 minutes ago, FNTSosa said:

its annoying bc, my friends ooc know all my char names so when im on another char they think that we /have/ to be friends IC just because were friends OOC.

Personally I think you need new ooc friends then. My ooc friends are in a faction that rivals mine and rp my character's sworn enemies. Just cause ya mates ooc with someone doesn't mean they gotta be your friends IC and anyone who acts like u do is either on some ooc controlling bs, a bad RPer or they're simply a cornball.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy said:

We're humans, we aren't going to recall faces like we could in real life - this is a game. That would be ridiculous.

It's good to know people OOCly too imo.

They can simply implement a command like /name ID John Doe/Bartender/Delivery Guy, that would put markers to help your character's memory, but would in no shape or way metagame.

Way, way, way, way better.

OOC side of communities, as it's been said, is what derives into toxicity.

It ends up being a circlejerk filled with favoritism, where, if you're not in the OOC circlejerk, some people won't willingly RP with you IC because you're not "known" OOCly and you're outside the circle. It does happen.