DavisLTD Crime-Free Zone

ThatDutchPerson

Many people say "roleplay at Vinewood" or other areas outside of South Los Santos. I totally agree with this if your character doesn't want to deal with gangs and stuff, but there's an OOC factor which is the bussiness script. My main character is a business man who never wants to go to the Davis LTD or their 24/7, but this OOC script forces my character to.

In conclusion, I do think the amount of crimes in Davis are not considered unrealistic. And in my opinion, the change, so that people won't complain is to find an alternative way to the business script that forces you to go to an open business.

Edited by ThomasNoman
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Zt4e said:

If you think about it, this is normal because South Los Santos have some very violent gangs, they'd kill you just because you pushed them. If you don't want to get killed, jumped or robbed just carry a gun with you, simple as that.

Killing because of a mere push would get you punished for DMing.

56 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

But the amount of crime is highly unrealistic and its time to get it regulated.

IC Issue. 
So we’re supposed to regulate crime rates out of character now? No. Send a complaint to PD/SD/GOV and attempt to get more units to “hood camp”. There’s absolutely no reason that a 24/7 in the GHETTO, surrounded by GANGS should be a crime free zone. 

As a person who wishes Davis LTD burnt to the ground due to the hundreds of dumb, stupid, and shitty rp calls we get there a week,

this is a stupid suggestion. The idea of crime free zones is laughable to me. I don’t even like the fact that government buildings are crime free zones, but I understand why. Davis LTD however doesn’t have cameras, it doesn’t have government employees, or any of that. It’s the literal center of evil in the most violent place in Los Santos. And sadly all that means is people are going to be shot, stabbed, mugged, robbed, blown up, ran over. Again and again and again. That however, is an IC issue. I may hate having to be there for two hours out of the three hours I’m on everyday, but it’s an IC issue.

Complain to the LSPD, get them to stage a SWAT team or something at the LTD to keep the baddies away. A mis-contrived magical OOC fix will not fix anything. It’ll simply change the epicenter and make people dislike the servers ooc shadow.

No? Keep it how it is, Its a prime gang location, its going to be ridden with crime. In real life it would be surprising if the gas station even had CCTV. If you don't like it, go to a different gas station, not one the in the middle of the hood

The suggestion makes sense for an outsider but crime free zones aren’t a solution. Like @Bcal said it’s in a gang zone, and it’s a hub at that. It’s consistent opening serves as a place that attracts a lot of people. Unfortunately it also attracts the worst of the worst, resulting in the majority of calls @KinnyWynny gets confronted with. At some point almost everybody ends up going to the LTD and it’s a source for good roleplay, although the bad often takes a front seat. It’s important to understand that it’s violent because so many people come together, and when two or more people who have something to settle arrive at around the same time you literally have “wrong place, wrong time” situations. Situations which aren’t unheard of in real life.

Of course violence on the server is extreme compared to real life, but so is anything else in the server. For the most time the LTD is relatively calm, the most crime that occurs there are drug dealers and tweaker going at it. Most of the stupid things I’ve encountered there are almost always caused by bad roleplayers or trollish characters starting shit because you’re guaranteed a response there. Or a mallrat pulling up and throwing a GenZ tantrum because their shit got jacked. Most of the time it’s just bad rolepayers all around, coincidentally that’s what most of the PD deals with anyway. It’s all about perspective. A crime free zone around LTD would do more harm in hindsight.

1 hour ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

I think that instead of making the Davis LTD a crime free zone it should instead be separated from the script that makes you go to a open business. 

It really makes no sense for any of my characters to travel to the Davis gas station to pick up anything and literally put their life in danger. ESPECIALLY if my character is in Paleto across the map. I don't understand why the script reaches this far. 

The Davis gas station tends to be one of the only ones open and there's always people hanging around it, it doesn't need to rely on the script to get business at this point anymore. 

I couldn't agree more. This is a real problem, I've been trying to get something from a 24/7 in the past days and I just can't do it because that store is always open which is fine but the script is forcing me, a character from Paleto Bay who despites the city, to go to that very store when I need something. It's just stupid.

• Upvote 1
  • effion locked this topic