Be REQUIRED to do roleplay the initiation of a shootout.

caballero

Nooo that would ruin the element of suprise. If it's a larger weapon then yes must be RP'd but you can draw and shoot a weapon with in a second or so IRL, quicker than it would take to do a /me so to keep things flowing and fast moving. If you're not looking at the person who just got out their car, well shit that's on you, again element of surprise. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's fine the way it is. If someone has a reason to shoot you, you likely know this and should be on your toes watching for potential shooters anyway and hiding, running or otherwise reacting to suspicious vehicles or people. This wouldn't change much even if it was implemented because you'd just get people pasting their RP line and immediately opening fire before it can really be read anyway. 

In GTAW, just like in real life, the attacker is usually going to be the "winner" in violent situations due to the element of surprise. Unless there's a big difference in firepower, numbers, etc. to shift the scales, of course.

having to type a /me to initiate a shooting rarely works well. most will see the /me and move as soon as it pops up, or will just run when they spot you. Way I see it is if you're caught by surprise you're caught by surprise, one doesn't need to type a /me to shoot someone in the back with a pistol they were already holding.

Although if you're in an active situation where there's a bunch of people roleplaying, it's generally considered a good thing to /me things like that out. for example if u pull ur gun out ic infront of a crowd while they're rping with u.

Seen a few videos lately (you know, the ones with awful music that show-off various borderline DM gunplay on GTA:W around Davis LTD).   My feeling after watching a few is that 1) I really don't see how just whipping out a pistol quickly and shooting somebody in the face three times before they can even react is fun for anybody except the person doing the shooting, and 2) It probably invites more people with this mindset to the server ("oh this looks cool, I'll join and do the same!")

Would it be possible to automate a /me when using the new weapon wheel?  For example, if I was to select a pistol, automate a /me pulls out a <weaponname>  and add a 1 second delay before it is actually ready to fire.   At least then the other person has at least a second to react and something other than being shot in the nose three times might happen.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 8:15 AM, Paenymion said:

Seen a few videos lately (you know, the ones with awful music that show-off various borderline DM gunplay on GTA:W around Davis LTD).   My feeling after watching a few is that 1) I really don't see how just whipping out a pistol quickly and shooting somebody in the face three times before they can even react is fun for anybody except the person doing the shooting, and 2) It probably invites more people with this mindset to the server ("oh this looks cool, I'll join and do the same!")

Would it be possible to automate a /me when using the new weapon wheel?  For example, if I was to select a pistol, automate a /me pulls out a <weaponname>  and add a 1 second delay before it is actually ready to fire.   At least then the other person has at least a second to react and something other than being shot in the nose three times might happen.

But then if someone wants do defend themselves and scroll their weapon they'd get caught in the 1 second delay and get gunned down blaming it on the script.

/me pulls out his heat and starts firing towards Afrika

Afrika can now have all the time in the world to just scroll and shoot everybody who have dared to challenge him. Shootouts are funny because they are quick and have already a lot of mess revolving around them. Plus, this won't really add all that immersion -1

Edited by Sh4rp
4 hours ago, Sh4rp said:

/me pulls out his heat and starts firing towards Afrika

Afrika can now have all the time in the world to just scroll and shoot everybody who have dared to challenge him. Shootouts are funny because they are quick and have already a lot of mess revolving around them. Plus, this won't really add all that immersion -1

+1

• mj2002 locked this topic