The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

It's an IC issue.

You can go on and on about how Venice is rich and fancy IRL but your not RPing in Venice, your RPing in Vespucci, which frankly isn't some fancy part of the map. It's a tourist trap with a few new coats of paint slapped on it in a few areas but as a whole, it's a pretty trashy area. Between the beach and the canals is a whole area of run down buildings and crummy back alleys. I wouldn't describe most of the homes in Vespucci as "Up scale" regardless of how close to the water they may be.

Lucky for you as of today Vespucci has an elected official to represent it. I had wished tackling crime would have been the #1 campaigning point for this election as it seems to be the only thing people give a shit about on this server, but sadly it wasn't. Regardless you now have someone you can complain to IC about the issue.

Also it makes perfect sense that crime has continued to get worse. I lead one of those dreaded Nazi factions last year. The beach had some crime but PD did little to stop it long term, even after that faction shutdown crime continued to rise and PD did nothing to combat it. Now there are two or three gangs present in Vespucci because ICly PD didn't do enough to curb the crime in the area. Now those criminal elements have become cemented in the community and Vespucci has become a bad neighborhood. It's an IC issue that can/should be fixed IC, Put pressure on your elected official who will in turn put pressure on PD. People need to let things play out organically instead of running to the forums because they don't like living in a bad area. 

5 minutes ago, Henning said:

It's an IC issue.

You can go on and on about how Venice is rich and fancy IRL but your not RPing in Venice, your RPing in Vespucci, which frankly isn't some fancy part of the map. It's a tourist trap with a few new coats of paint slapped on it in a few areas but as a whole, it's a pretty trashy area. Between the beach and the canals is a whole area of run down buildings and crummy back alleys. I wouldn't describe most of the homes in Vespucci as "Up scale" regardless of how close to the water they may be.

Lucky for you as of today Vespucci has an elected official to represent it. I had wished tackling crime would have been the #1 campaigning point for this election as it seems to be the only thing people give a shit about on this server, but sadly it wasn't. Regardless you now have someone you can complain to IC about the issue.

Also it makes perfect sense that crime has continued to get worse. I lead one of those dreaded Nazi factions last year. The beach had some crime but PD did little to stop it long term, even after that faction shutdown crime continued to rise and PD did nothing to combat it. Now there are two or three gangs present in Vespucci because ICly PD didn't do enough to curb the crime in the area. Now those criminal elements have become cemented in the community and Vespucci has become a bad neighborhood. It's an IC issue that can/should be fixed IC, Put pressure on your elected official who will in turn put pressure on PD. People need to let things play out organically instead of running to the forums because they don't like living in a bad area. 

100%

20 minutes ago, Henning said:

It's an IC issue.

I have to agree, icly nothing was done to deal with the rise of gang violence and activity in the area  so the end result is a rise in criminal actions in said  area. Naturally. Hell even in the orginal gta game there was gang activity in vespucci so. Again logic against gang avoidance for a lack of better term in vespucci is moot. Its mallrats crying for losing pg and lack of fear rp agaisnt real gangs.

56 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

Both Venice & Santa Monica are packed with gangs though bro.

I feel like this whole  "Venice has gangs irl" is a poor excuse to run around shooting the place up. Yes it has gangs, it also has a lot of businesses which would have cctv, heavily populated tourists spots which would have lots of witnesses to crime, two active lifeguard towers, an FD station and an active PD station all also heavily monitored by cctv. I don't think anyone is arguing vespucci shouldn't have gangs but more of the way they conduct themselves. It's unrealistic to act like vespucci is Davis. 

1 hour ago, MCB666 said:

Then report them for poor character portrayal. How do you expect the issue to be fixed if you just complain about it on this thread? Gather evidence and report them just don't spam away on your keyboard because it won't fix anything.

my dude, im talking about YOU. YOU did this.

5 minutes ago, Ezrya said:

I feel like this whole  "Venice has gangs irl" is a poor excuse to run around shooting the place up. Yes it has gangs, it also has a lot of businesses which would have cctv, heavily populated tourists spots which would have lots of witnesses to crime, two active lifeguard towers, an FD station and an active PD station all also heavily monitored by cctv. I don't think anyone is arguing vespucci shouldn't have gangs but more of the way they conduct themselves. It's unrealistic to act like vespucci is Davis. 

Just because an area has tourist spots doesn't mean it can't be dangerous. It's not really unrealistic to act like Vespucci is Davis just because it's on the West side of the map. Several parts of Vespucci are packed with gangs IC and should be treated as such, if you go around ANY gang's territory and start shit, something's gonna happen to you.

The majority of this thread in my opinion is just people upset that they got robbed/shot by the gangs in Vespucci, in reality that's an IC issue though. If you get robbed by the gangs, put pressure on people who can help fix it IC. Or better yet, do what anyone would do and move out of the bad part of Vespucci.