The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

3 hours ago, Ears Up said:

Yes in reality the life of a gang member is probably rather boring, most just sit at home playing video games or whatever while they wait for someone to hit them up Tryna score drugs, along with the fact that this is a game, this also happens in real life bpecause most gangs have permanent injunctions on them. Most gangs can't even be on the streets without cops fucking with them. IC there's literally 0 gangs with injunctions on them apart from tortilla flats, but I think that ended. Regardless, there is no IC injunctions on West Los gangs meaning they're free to do whatever. 

In real life there's a street gang known as Harpys 13, they're located literally adjecant to the USC campus in a middle class neighbourhood and were known for harassing the students, robbing, extorting nd terrorizing them, this happens in all gang neighbourhoods, the gang wants to show it's dominance so they harass people. The harassment only stopped when an injunction was enforced on the gang.

This is why I say that if anyone's harassed by a gang it's 100% an in character issue. Take it to the government and pressure them to enforce things on gangs instead of trying to make it an ooc issue.

Also you can't just act like us only having 600 players ig at a time is IC, those are server and playerbase limitations. In reality los Santos population would be in the millions.

The injunction issue is something that hadn't occurred to me. This would actually be a good opportunity to roleplay realistic municipal politics. 'Rich' people being harassed by a gang would be able to prompt a gang injunction pretty easily I imagine, due to how money influences city politics. I'm sure that's not how our PD chooses to apply gang injunctions but it'd be a good chance to inject some realism into the process.

• Upvote 2

Vespucci is supposed to be based off Venice in LA, so... As others have already said, there's plenty of gangs IRL in that area. The two most known probably being Venice Shoreline Crips and Venice 13.

On 9/27/2020 at 2:09 AM, VikoMKD said:

For this particular case I'm talking about the whole Vespucci area, I have a house in Vespucci that I'm renting out and ICly and OOCly I got notified that the tenants get constantly attacked by the mexican gang roleplaying around that Area, I've also had this problem while living there and tried to take care of it ICly but the police didnt't seem to care about it. I don't think it's realistic for gangs to live in such an expensive area and be killing/robbing people in the middle of the day. Because if we are talking realism here the IRL Vespucci Beach(Venice Beach) which is considered the most expensive neighbourhood in LA and houses cost upwards of million dollars would be constantly full with people all around and you wouldn't get away with robbery or murder in the middle of the day. I've had many cases where they knew I or my friend are online and just camping around our houses and as soon as we get out we get pistol pointed in our face. Also there were few cases when my tenants got stabbed for no reason and because of those people who roleplay like that Vespucci isn't considered to be a really safe are as it should be .I'd like to hear the opinion of other players what they think about this and hopefully resolve the issue.

Seems like most of what you're bringing up is an IC issue, simple as that. If u want things like that to change, there has to be a change ICly. Complaining about it here on the forums won't make any difference.

Edited by Black Swan
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...